Chelsea V Leicester FA Cup Final 15/5/21

5 minutes ago, PhilH930 said:

There must be pressure from the club to play Kepa.  Sure he has done better recently, but come on.  It is still no coincidence ridiculous stuff happens when he plays.

If we want to win, we play out best players.  Mendy is the best keeper.  This isn't under 10s everyone gets a trophy.

Total nonesense. Man city played Zach effren in the carling cup final because he played all the games to get them there. It is only fair to play the keeper who got you there

15 minutes ago, Andy2461 said:

Just noticed no Abraham on the bench !!

Feel so sorry for him. Especially him being a player from the academy, that will really hurt him. Things like this were always bound to happen with such a strong squad and generally we do really well on the injury front.

My only concern is Kepa. Other than that, decent line up and plenty of options on bench.

Maddison only on bench for them. If he comes on we don't want to be giving away free-kicks around the box 'cos he is lethal. And they are still missing Harvey Barnes who is a big player for them.

So Come on Chelsea - time to do the business.

CAREFREE..................................!!!

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

For me Ziyech is the best passer in the whole squad so there is that chance that Werner or Alonso get an easy chance to score from.

Not a bad shot on him either. His left foot can perform miracles 

3 minutes ago, Nibs said:

My only concern is Kepa. Other than that, decent line up and plenty of options on bench.

Maddison only on bench for them. If he comes on we don't want to be giving away free-kicks around the box 'cos he is lethal. And they are still missing Harvey Barnes who is a big player for them.

So Come on Chelsea - time to do the business.

CAREFREE..................................!!!

Kepa deserves it, his attitude since Mendy came in has been exemplary and played every round of the FA cup

We don't have anyone in that lineup who can beat their man and create space. 

We need to make the most of the space in behind their wingbacks as I believe those are the areas we will get joy today. 

3 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

We don't have anyone in that lineup who can beat their man and create space. 

All of our front 3 are capable of that, James and Kante have been known to blow past the odd player here and there too. 

On 13/05/2021 at 14:10, KonaKai Blue said:

You don't wanna tell your kids how we won the CL? Hmmmm I wonder what you have to do to get the opportunity to achieve that.

How is qualifying for a competition the same as actually winning a competition though? Just qualifying for the Champions League doesn't feel anywhere near as good as winning the F.A cup. I won't be celebrating if we finish in the top 4 this season, but I will be celebrating if we win the FA Cup.

15 hours ago, bluesfan said:

Top 4 is more important than FA Cup nowadays ad it helps us attract great players. Haaland will never come if we don't get CL next season. Knowing that a draw on Tuesday will be very bad for us I'd rather see the key players getting rested than going all out today.

Maybe a few years ago, but not so much anymore, not since the Premier League got that massive injection of money. Our position in the top 4 wasn't guaranteed last season, but Ziyech was already signed and Chilwell, Werner and Havertz were being reported as done long before we signed them.