Chelsea v Leicester (PL) Tues 18th May 2021 20:15 GMT

coco

1 minute ago, just said:

A point doesn't do it. Have to win.

Give it 5-10 minutes then Jorginho off, change to a back four, James at DM, Abraham on.

Don't think we need to change anything till last 10 unless momentum shifts.

Just now, abigsmurf said:

And Leicester will have one shot on target and score. It's nailed on at this point.

Maybe .. but then I have funny feeling the heavens will open for us and we will hammer them in the second half..

1 minute ago, just said:

A point doesn't do it. Have to win.

Give it 5-10 minutes then Jorginho off, change to a back four, James at DM, Abraham on.

It's worked great though. James (and Rudiger) is basically playing in midfield already with Silva the only one staying further back.

James at RCB have been a great move attacking wise.

Need to score ffs!

I hate blaming the ref but that looked like a penalty ffs.

Maybe bring Tammy on why not we are desperate to score.

get Tammy on for pulisic.

and put james as rwb 

Instead of taking possession of the ball when it came to him from from the leicester corner and breaking forward, Timo tried to head it over the defender and run from way back...

1 minute ago, Jangz said:

I think Jorginho has been one of our best players today .. everything has been forward .

Isn't needed when you are chasing the game.

I’ve just seen it again, it’s a blatant penalty!

Giving a free kick to Leicester doesn’t even make sense, and how could VAR see that and not at least advise the referee to look at the monitor!

VAR took about 1 second to dismiss it as well.

Vardy, Bruno and Salah would have been given that.

It’s borderline corruption.

1 minute ago, Jangz said:

I think Jorginho has been one of our best players today .. everything has been forward .

the key word in your sentence - today

Just now, nonotnowjim said:

Mike dean is corrupt. End of. 

even Alan Shearer saying that Mike dean will be happy, because the conversation is about him

He is an actual narcissist, you see him celebrating at Tranmere and it's all look at me

5 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

I dunno why people are moaning we are battering them, clear pen and denied 2 goals that fair enough were not goals but it’s fine margins we played well enough to be 2 or 3 up. 

I’d bring in havertz for Puli who is looking lightweight out there 

Edit: Just noticed he ain’t on the bench get Tammy on give her a chance. 

This must be our 20th game of the season where we control everything and keeps scoring disallowed goals only for the opposition to nick one in with a defending brainfart

1 minute ago, Butterhampton FC said:

Just seen this stat on Twitter. :face_palm:

Timo Werner - offside more times than any other Premier League player in all competitions (41)

That’s a very telling stat.

means he is poor at reading his lines.

and it has shown all season 

Just now, loz said:

You can't say Werner is playing well. That's like saying a centre half has chased the strikers around a lot but gifted two clear chances through naive defending. 

He should never be offside for that goal and a clean header was a doddle for the second one.

I know Loz. Very frustrating but he did do that great turn and leave player for dead!

Would keep him on and hook Pulicic and play Tammy as No.9 and can see Timo getting an assist (probably off his arse!)

1 minute ago, 2211 said:

Giving a free kick to Leicester doesn’t even make sense, and how could VAR see that and not at least advise the referee to look at the monitor!

2B42314F-A9A2-47EA-9B19-6FC64EC2AE7D.jpeg

1 minute ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

If var can’t intervene in decisions like that then wtf is the point of var? That was a clear and obvious error

I think var is fine but the refs are dumb and don’t understand the game.. we don’t hear half as much of this from other leagues.. tells you more about the system users..

Im going to cry if we drop points tonight. Infuriating ref and Werner is the most clumsy undisciplined striker to play for us. Stay onside and dont score with your arm. Come on man we need to score to win

2 minutes ago, 2211 said:

Mike Dean's retiring. He probably wants a controversy to go out on a high

As bad and likely even bent the decision over the penalty was, it would be likely be irrelevant if Werner could keep onside or keep his eyes open when heading. We’ve had at least 12 attempts excluding Werner’s two f**kups. We have only ourselves to blame. And we’d have probably missed the penalty anyway.