Chelsea v Leicester (PL) Tues 18th May 2021 20:15 GMT

coco

I'll be honest. This whole discussion about Liverpool possibly dropping points and whether their opponents can be bothered to turn up irritates me. We shouldn't rely on the likes of Burnley or Palace to do our job for us. If we fail to win tomorrow I fully expect scousers to take advantage of our failure and beat us to the place in the top four.

And if we can' t take care of business and beat Leicester and Villa, then we don't deserve to play in the CL next season, anyway. 

54 minutes ago, forbzy said:

I would just assume we have to win both our games at this point. If Liverpool unexpectedly drop points, or Leicester fail to beat Spurs, then our target points total changes. Until then we need 70 points to be sure.

Agree we have to go out to get all points or at least try, we can forgive efforts against posts and cross bars as long as the give it their all. 

5 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Agree we have to go out to get all points or at least try, we can forgive efforts against posts and cross bars as long as the give it their all. 

I just hope we go with a more attacking approach. Our best games under Tuchel have been where we have played on the counter. We can use that strategy in the Champs League final but we need to more positive in our remaining League games. If we take our usual approach we will likely once again be rolling the dice that one of our misfiring strikers takes the 1 or 2 chances that come their way. That will play right into Leicester's hands.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Not to mention Burnley players are on the beach already, as shown when they got thrashed at home by Leeds.

Better chance Palace show up at Anfield in Roy's last game in charge, though that is very unlikely too.

I actually see Tottenham beating leicester on the last day of the season.. f**k Leicester and f**k Amerty

17 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

I actually see Tottenham beating leicester on the last day of the season.. f**k Leicester and f**k Amerty

I don't think I realized that Europa League is changing next season. Only 5th place will make it, with 6th going into the new Europa Conference League. I imagine most Premier League teams will want to avoid that competition. Even winning it only gets you a spot in the next season's Europa League. That might inspire Spurs to push for 5th.

34 minutes ago, forbzy said:

I don't think I realized that Europa League is changing next season. Only 5th place will make it, with 6th going into the new Europa Conference League. I imagine most Premier League teams will want to avoid that competition. Even winning it only gets you a spot in the next season's Europa League. That might inspire Spurs to push for 5th.

Actually 5th and 6th Make it Europa while 7 th makes it to Conference league 

13 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

Actually 5th and 6th Make it Europa while 7 th makes it to Conference league 

That is only because Leicester won the FA Cup. 1 spot goes to FA Cup and 5th place. So Leicester's spot goes to 6th currently with them in Champs League place.

1 hour ago, abramovich said:

I'll be honest. This whole discussion about Liverpool possibly dropping points and whether their opponents can be bothered to turn up irritates me. We shouldn't rely on the likes of Burnley or Palace to do our job for us. If we fail to win tomorrow I fully expect scousers to take advantage of our failure and beat us to the place in the top four.

And if we can' t take care of business and beat Leicester and Villa, then we don't deserve to play in the CL next season, anyway. 

To be honest losing twice to Arsenal and taking 1 point for WBA to me says we dont deserve CL football but we have been given a chance still and is up to us to take it.

1 minute ago, axman2526 said:

To be honest losing twice to Arsenal and taking 1 point for WBA to me says we dont deserve CL football but we have been given a chance still and is up to us to take it.

We ultimately get what we deserve based on our final points tally. Win both games and we deservedly qualify for Champs League. Lose both and we might end up in the Europa Conference League. Again that would be fully deserved if it works out that way.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, forbzy said:

I just hope we go with a more attacking approach. Our best games under Tuchel have been where we have played on the counter. We can use that strategy in the Champs League final but we need to more positive in our remaining League games. If we take our usual approach we will likely once again be rolling the dice that one of our misfiring strikers takes the 1 or 2 chances that come their way. That will play right into Leicester's hands.

Just hope late on if he decides we need Giroud he gets a decent time on the pitch and not just the last 10 minutes.

Edited by Strider6003

12 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Just hope late on if he decides we need Giroud he gets a decent time on the pitch and not just the last 10 minutes.

Giroud has to start tomorrow with crosses flying in non-stop. That's how I see us scoring the first goal. The other three will come from Mount and two from Pulisic.

2 hours ago, forbzy said:

That is only because Leicester won the FA Cup. 1 spot goes to FA Cup and 5th place. So Leicester's spot goes to 6th currently with them in Champs League place.

I think 7th place will get a spot as Man City won the league Cup. I’m sure there is still a spot for that trophy.

27 minutes ago, Richard P said:

I think 7th place will get a spot as Man City won the league Cup. I’m sure there is still a spot for that trophy.

No spot for League Cup any more. England gets 4 spots in Champs League, 2 in Europa League, and 1 in the new Europa Conference

Posted (edited)

I don't know what we came here to talk about. Tuchel has all the players in his disposal, he should win football matches for us.

How are we supposed to be afraid of Leicester city? Just play players that can give good passes that can split opponents' defences. Players like Havertz, Ziyech and Pulisic.

Then let James be playing that central defence role and play Hudson Odoi as right wing back. Then if Kovacic is back, let him play.

Edited by hephzibah

Must win game now, I hope Kepa starts after all the 2 last losses were nothing to do with his performance and he’s trained so well and deserves another chance to regain his Spanish team spot and drive up his monetary value even more 😅😂🤣

..........And Leicester ! 

On 15/05/2021 at 19:34, IliyaKrostin said:

Time to pay back, we gave them one title but we can't lose our top 4 spot. A game like a final to us.

------------- Mendy ----------

-- Azpilicueta - Thiago Silva - Rudiger -

James -- Kovacic -- Kante -- Chilwell

------- Pulisic --------- Mount----

------------- Abraham ----------

Winning here is a must and we need our best players. Abraham hasn't played but he's our best striker and we need goals. 

COME ON CHELS!!

Yep a mouth watering lineup for sure and close to our best starting 11 - I just hope TT sees it the way you do!.

Lets be honest, if we don't win we don't really deserve top 4 (although it could still happen).  We've had our chances, many of them to be honest.

Time to win, or accept the fact we have a lot of room for improvement.  On that note, when this team starts realizing just that little bit more of their potential, we will reap the rewards.

16 hours ago, abramovich said:

Completely agree. The right to play in CL is earned, not taken for granted. It's in our hands so if we can't beat Leicester at home in front of fans then we will play in the Thursday league. I don't want other teams to help us get CL. This is all on us. It has to be.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Not sure 10 minutes is the problem. Giroud hasn't played meaningful minutes in weeks or maybe even months 

Edited by Bob stark