Aston Villa v Chelsea (PL) Sun 23rd May 2021 16:00 GMT

coco

1 minute ago, ForeverCarefree said:

When the pressure is on... We keep wilting. 

I worry about the mental strength of this team. We truly got away with one today. 

I'm far from happy with what I've seen from this team over the past 2 weeks. 

3 defeats from 4 games. Not a good way to wrap up the season. Lets hope we can finish on a high next week but I am not filled with optimism the way we have played recently.

1 minute ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I worry about the mental strength of this team. We truly got away with one today. 

I think it helps us when we're labelled the underdogs. The pressure will be on City in the CL final.

Well that was sh*te but thankfully leciester are bigger bottlers than we are. 

We need a summer of 2014 type transfer window this summer, get a proper midfielder and a proper striker in. 

But I'm still oddly confident we can beat City next week. We're far better against those type teams than the smaller teams like villa and arsenal 

4 minutes ago, just said:

Frank would have got us relegated this, Jorginho the magnificent that.

Jorginho is the easy whipping boy again. Gave away a terribly soft penalty with Traore falling like a sack of sh*t but otherwise he did well enough. We dominated Villa but suffered from atrocious finishing from Werner, Mount and Pulisic in particular.

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Is it a sign of a mental illness if you have a voice in your head telling you that when all said and done that we should maybe sign Grealish?

Why? Seriously, what does he do?

Most fouled player.......so what? He spends more time on the floor than actually playing football. A nice touch every game that rarely leads to anything. 7 goals in all competitions. He would just add to the problems we already have.

Ironic we’d be bailed out by the ultimate bottlers after fluffing a cup final and sh*tting the bed in the last league game ourselves.

There’s a mentality issue in this squad and the manager doesn’t have answers when we go behind. I refuse to comment on the CL Final as our 2012 CL Final starting XI was very, very poor and we all know how that turned out. How the players take this result will be a big factor in the outcome next Saturday.

2 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

It is more than pressure, I have 0 confidence that we can score in most games. Pretty much if the opp score, we are doomed. 

bin the back 5 to protect Jorgiho.. and my God the referee was absymal.. very soft penalty for them.. ours perfectly well chalked off and then a red for that cryin diving c**t.. I think Grealish is the most overrated player i have seen.. we absolutely didnt deserve to lose...

1 minute ago, Dean said:

On balance, I don’t think we were lucky to get top 4. Today - yes. All in all - no.

Me neither - if VAR had not continued to f**k us over game after game we would have wrapped out this sooner. Still, today was a huge relief.

Posted (edited)

Bittersweet aftertaste from this game. Sweet that we qualified but bitter we didn't win to qualify in style. I just hope Werner gets his sh.t together and start putting those easy chance away. T

Edited by rocker_joker

38 minutes ago, BewareoftheDrog said:

Can't disagree but many of the games I watched Tammy missed more chances than he should have. Always seemed half a yard too slow. Giroud- fine player but too old now.

If Tammy had been given the amount of starts that Werner has had he would have finished in double figures for sure. He scored 6 league goals despite barely featuring in the second half of the season. The club invested big money in Werner and Havertz last summer. It is their failure to score goals that has ultimately got us discussing striker options again. I think Havertz will improve over time. Not so sure about Werner.

Honestly I couldn’t care less about the result we made top 4 and looking back now just before Lampard left it never would have imagined we would have had the consistency to win enough to get it.

let the villa players celebrate whatever they were celebrating for 10 minutes when they scored a penalty.

also those last 30 minutes surely tells us that we’re better with less defensive players on the pitch? Some of that play was gripping.