Aston Villa v Chelsea (PL) Sun 23rd May 2021 16:00 GMT

coco

Just now, Zero said:

Me neither - if VAR had not continued to f**k us over game after game we would have wrapped out this sooner. Still, today was a huge relief.

yes absolutely unbelievable decisions.. I cant believe what we were seeing.. absolute shambles... if we get half the number of dodgy decisions Penchester united get we would win the league..

Just now, Sindre said:

Jorginho is the easy whipping boy again. Gave away a terribly soft penalty with Traore falling like a sack of sh*t but otherwise he did well enough. We dominated Villa but suffered from atrocious finishing from Werner, Mount and Pulisic in particular.

Jorginho played one good ball to Dave and that was it. Pure pooh otherwise. Traore walks past him for the shot, the hospital ball to Kova, the penalty..... I could go on but it will make no difference to you so I won't bother.

3 minutes ago, bluedave said:

Good to see Tuchel laying into the ref after the match. Hopefully he doesn’t blame recent results entirely on bad officiating though, he needs to take a good look at his own decisions.

This idea to play James as CB and Azpi as a winger did work against Leicester to some degree.

But today it was bulls.hit. I hope he will change this against City.

Got to say Tuchel got the team selection wrong again today...no way Jourinho should have been near that squad and why was Dave playing? James and CHO were the better option...now we're going to miss Dave for the opening 3 games of the next season...Tuchel needs to learn quick...

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

Why? Seriously, what does he do?

Most fouled player.......so what? He spends more time on the floor than actually playing football. A nice touch every game that rarely leads to anything. 7 goals in all competitions. He would just add to the problems we already have.

He's always the hardest players to play against, this season in both games they just pass to that left hand side where he is and something bad happens to us, in the first 5 minutes James didn't know where he was at all and needed Jorginho to tackle a few times. If you can't beat them, buy them?

9 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Is it a sign of a mental illness if you have a voice in your head telling you that when all said and done that we should maybe sign Grealish?

Oh @Gol15, I'm so sorry this happened to you. Are you getting professional help?

10 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Is it a sign of a mental illness if you have a voice in your head telling you that when all said and done that we should maybe sign Grealish?

Yes. The men in white coats are on the way...

The league doesn’t lie, we finished 4th because we’re the 4th best team.

Serious overhaul needed in the summer though.

We’ve got too many lightweight players more suited to the Champions League matches than the Premier League matches.

9 minutes ago, loz said:

Got out if jail. f**king awful run of form in build up to CL final.

This has to be the summer we replace Jorginho and Kovavic. Mid table players

I'm looking at this game as a blessing.  TT must surely see his only chance is to go with Kante/Billy in the middle in the final

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, TheGermanOne said:

This idea to play James as CB and Azpi as a winger did work against Leicester to some degree.

But today it was bulls.hit. I hope he will change this against City.

He better, James was great as wingback the last time we played City

Edited by comtrend

5 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Most fouled player.......so what? He spends more time on the floor than actually playing football. A nice touch every game that rarely leads to anything. 7 goals in all competitions. He would just add to the problems we already have.

100% accurate on Grealish.. he is massively overrated.. Its like a poor version of silva like arteta was of silva..

1 minute ago, forbzy said:

If Tammy had been given the amount of starts that Werner has had he would have finished in double figures for sure. He scored 6 league goals despite barely featuring in the second half of the season. The club invested big money in Werner and Havertz last summer. It is their failure to score goals that has ultimately got us discussing striker options again. I think Havertz will improve over time. Not so sure about Werner.

Well possible, but if Tammy had started all of Werner's games the season would be over for us today, we could tune into Man City - Real next Saturday and afterwards prepare for our Europa League campaign next season

Utter domination.

Bit of a farce that only Chilwell could get the ball over the line.

At least we all know where we need to strengthen in the summer. Securing Champions League was hugely important in bringing in the quality we need.

5 minutes ago, ducavis said:

They are all crap! Will sign Sancho & loan out CHO for a season, & see if Ziyech sorts himself out

Pulisic can only play LW. 

CHO barely play

Ziyech is a one trick pony but more importantly this system does not use winger

6 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

And he aint getting away with the atrocious tackling he was doing today whilst playing for us. First one would be carded already.

Just now, Sindre said:

Jorginho is the easy whipping boy again. Gave away a terribly soft penalty with Traore falling like a sack of sh*t but otherwise he did well enough. We dominated Villa but suffered from atrocious finishing from Werner, Mount and Pulisic in particular.

Made a blunder that ultimately cost us the game.........but oh well, he did well enough before that so no biggy 😐Is this where we are now? He is making mistakes that cost us points, but because he is doing his usual passing game, it's not a big deal? We'll never catch the top teams like this. It doesn't matter how good of a game you are having, if your mistakes are costing your team points, then you're a problem. 

Also, stop pretending that Jorginho is the only one getting stick. Pulisic has been heavily criticised all game and Werner has been getting criticised all season. If you give away a penalty that puts the game out of reach, then of course the fingers are going to be pointed at you.

7 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

So we end up with the same number of points as last year but with Havertz Werner Ziyech Silva Mendy

which is quite worrying if i am honest.. Next season has to 4 at the back.. look how fluid we looked .. could have scored 3-4 in those 30 mins..  We just scraped through not good enough this season had to be better..

Just now, Sindre said:

Utter domination.

Bit of a farce that only Chilwell could get the ball over the line.

At least we all know where we need to strengthen in the summer. Securing Champions League was hugely important in bringing in the quality we need.

We played Villa, team who has nothing to play for. They even brought in bunch of kids at the end of the game. 

1 minute ago, Deino said:

They were poor but the squad was filled with battlers instead of bottlers.

A fair point. At the very least we had Lamps and Drogba, seasoned winners, there to set the standard. I look at our current squad and I’m not sure I can name a single player I’d rely on to inspire a victory if things aren’t going our way.

Posted (edited)

Luck was on our side today, not a great performance 

The need for a creative midfield player and a striker again evident

The conundrum that defeated Lamps has not as yet been sorted, low block sides give us problems

Good to see the integrity of the league upheld and Spurs di their bit for us

Hoping Mendy isn't serious and Kante is fit for the Final, without the pair it will be a struggle

First goal completed but our lack of form in the closing stages is worrying. Really careful team consideration is needed if we are to impose ourselves on the final

Edited by charierre