Aston Villa v Chelsea (PL) Sun 23rd May 2021 16:00 GMT

coco

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Jorginho and Kovacic always give teams too many chances. Kovacic has given the ball away 3 times in the last 3 games that have all ended up in big chances for the opposition, its just poor finishing or luck that they haven't gone in the back of the net. The only difference between his mistakes and Jorginho's right now is that Jorginho's mistakes are being punished. 

It's not good enough from either of them and so much of our game is built around them, especially Jorginho. We have built a team around a player that is more likely to cost us points than anything else. We need a dominant midielder, enough of this tikki takka bullsh*t that is getting us nowhere. It's made us soft.

The irony of it all is, not only is our team built around Jorginho, he is also our top scorer.

Are we sure Tuchel is not Sarri in disguise?

10 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Of course he will play Kante. The question wil Kante be 100% against city? 

Kante at 50% is is better than Jorginho at 100% at times, let's be honest.

3 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

I really don't understand this leader non sense. No we don't need freaking leader, we need our player to score goals. That is our problem. 

I think when people call for a leader, they are calling for a performer, who works hard, does not give in and fights for the club as if it was his last game and sets an example for others.

Just now, Carloseyebrow said:

I think we will have to agree to differ. I absolutely believe in leaders on a pitch when things are not going your way.

To call it nonsense to me is wrong.

For me it is nonsense because it is always used to mask the real problem. Last year we conceded many2 goals, people said we lacked leaders. Mendy came and absolutely improve our defense even without silva on the field. 

2 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

Pretty naff result but we've got Top 4, never thought I'd say this but thank you Spurs.

What worries me though is that this should've been a wake up call, but then I couldve said that about the Arsenal and Leicester games, we've had way too many so called "Wake Up calls" and I truly hope by the time the final roles around we'll pull something out the bag.

Mendy getting injured worries me, but the Kept we had last season isn't the same we had now, that being said I'm still bracing myself for a final defeat.

Seems to me we've been limping towards the finishing line for the last month now, both Tuchel and the players could do with a preseason.

That being said, some players are just simply not good enough, we cannot for the life of us capitalise on our chances. We need a deep creative midfield and a competent striker.

the sad part of it when we scored 66 points last year and made top 4 we were all optimistic with Ziyech signed and Pulisic in form.. Mount developing and we playing attacking football.. I think we end this season quite down unless something miraculous happens in UCL.. Limping into top 4 with no improvement on points..  no exciting play.. Key Player who has failed to match last season in Pulisic.. signings that havent worked.. its fair to say we are still building for the future and atleast a season or two away from challenging..

1 minute ago, TomCFC85 said:

Kante at 50% is is better than Jorginho at 100% at times, let's be honest.

Little correction: better than two Jorginhos at 100%

27 minutes ago, BluesPower said:

I'm looking at this game as a blessing.  TT must surely see his only chance is to go with Kante/Billy in the middle in the final

No chance of that. Jorginho will be picked on basis of experience over ability 

39 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Why is Kepa wasting time?

Never mind, FT. Fourth place thankfully, because this was hardly a winning team. Next week is not something to be optimistic about.

In the Champions league we seem to be a different team

7 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

I really don't understand this leader non sense. No we don't need freaking leader, we need our player to score goals. That is our problem. 

A leader steps up and leads by example. They perform in clutch moments, be it defending, playmaking or scoring.

A person who follow sports and has seen our 2005-2012 team should at least identify how crucial leaders are

1 minute ago, Stas1 said:

I think when people call for a leader, they are calling for a performer, who works hard, does not give in and fights for the club as if it was his last game and sets an example for others.

I know what he meant. Having leader is important but overblown. Leader job is to make sure everyone give it all, no leader can suddenly turn bad player into good player otherwise we won't have torres situation. 

Just now, rocker_joker said:

In the Champions league we seem to be a different team

we will win 2-1 with a Silva goal in there.. have a feeling abt it..

3 minutes ago, Stas1 said:

so werner. o wait

23 minutes ago, Lang7 said:

I wish people would stop looking at xG as if it holds value. You don’t need a fake stat to represent how a game “should” have gone - the ball either goes in the net or it doesn’t.

It's a fair reflection of our uselessness at taking our chances. And our propensity to gift teams goals.

5 minutes ago, petre ispirescu said:

Of all the clubs it's f**king Spurs that bailed us out, their fans must be livid at the moment haha

BUT - Arsenal at home, the FA Cup Final, this one at Villa Park, absolutely spineless performances, never been more disappointed with this club than I am now after this particular matches.

Eleven random fans picked out of this forum would have shown more passion in these last games even if they were to lose 12-0. 

You don't think we'd score? It would be a scary team.

I'd bet anything that @Valerie  scores a screamer with the sheer power of her socks and that @Malta Blue + @Munkworthwould combine for the OG goal of the season. With @Gol15 completing the most passes in the game 😙✌️

Just now, Backbiter said:

It's a fair reflection of our uselessness at taking our chances. And our propensity to gift teams goals.

and the ref's eagerness to screw us..

2 minutes ago, Stas1 said:

Is it possible we have been too spoiled in the past with the likes of JT literally throwing himself at absolutely everything regardless of the consequences. It's what we need at the moment but who in the world could replicate his heroics nowadays