Jump to content

Aston Villa v Chelsea (PL) Sun 23rd May 2021 16:00 GMT


coco
 Share

Recommended Posts


1 minute ago, Brigadeiro said:

You don't think we'd score? It would be a scary team.

I'd bet anything that @Valerie  scores a screamer with the sheer power of her socks and that @Malta Blue + @Munkworthwould combine for the OG goal of the season. With @Gol15 completing the most passes in the game 😙✌️

Me and @Malta Blue and duty bound to fight to the death if we were ever to meet. It’s an ancient tradition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Brigadeiro said:

You don't think we'd score? It would be a scary team.

I'd bet anything that @Valerie  scores a screamer with the sheer power of her socks and that @Malta Blue + @Munkworthwould combine for the OG goal of the season. With @Gol15 completing the most passes in the game 😙✌️

I'm honoured I'm on the list and not surprised I've been lumped in with @Munkworth but honestly an own goal?

That hurts mate I'd rather we were both sent off for pulling the refs pants down and mooning the villa fans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Malta Blue said:

Is it possible we have been too spoiled in the past with the likes of JT literally throwing himself at absolutely everything regardless of the consequences. It's what we need at the moment but who in the world could replicate his heroics nowadays

I think Silva has been the leader.. we just need better players to be honest.. Lamps, Ballack, Drogba were world class players.. Back in the day everyone use to give Mikel a hard time.. but my God i would take him over Jorginho any day of the week... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, loz said:

No chance of that. Jorginho will be picked on basis of experience over ability 

I afraid to say you are 100% correct. Really hope someone comes in for him during the summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

I have no idea what our formation was at the end but James was Immense in that midfield role 

His first few touches he looked like a player who had lost his balance. Sorted himself out, though, and looked like a player who play anywhere.

Love Reece James.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Backbiter said:

His first few touches he looked like a player who had lost his balance. Sorted himself out, though, and looked like a player who play anywhere.

Love Reece James.

i really do believe long term that his best position.. amazing passing range.. rarely loses the ball.. pacy without being electric .. but can he belt a long ranger.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Deino said:

A leader steps up and leads by example. They perform in clutch moments, be it defending, playmaking or scoring.

A person who follow sports and has seen our 2005-2012 team should at least identify how crucial leaders are

I really think we have been spoiled by early Roman Era. Do you know why leader such as terry, lamp, drog and cech matter because they were wc players.

We were great team not because they were just great leader, we were great because they were WC players and great leader. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

Is it possible we have been too spoiled in the past with the likes of JT literally throwing himself at absolutely everything regardless of the consequences. It's what we need at the moment but who in the world could replicate his heroics nowadays

That is the thing. I personally do not want heroics, as heroic act usually amends someone else's f**k up. I just want to see a bunch of professionals with skills and some pride in what they do and achieve. Not much to ask, is it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Best to wait until after next weekend before we make the final assessment. Given the position we were in a few weeks ago after beating Madrid, I'd say it would be a massive disappointment if our remaining highlight was celebrating 4th thanks to a Spurs win.

That WILL be it for this season, I’m afraid and I think we need to take it on the chin now. Would love to be wrong but I doubt it. Madrid second leg was the peak for this season. The off/preseason is a chance to regenerate/rebuild...maybe learn how to score:). I’ve got one eye on next season already. V optimistic on that as I’ve said countless times, but this season is over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


18 minutes ago, petre ispirescu said:

Of all the clubs it's f**king Spurs that bailed us out, their fans must be livid at the moment haha

BUT - Arsenal at home, the FA Cup Final, this one at Villa Park, absolutely spineless performances, never been more disappointed with this club than I am now after this particular matches.

Eleven random fans picked out of this forum would have shown more passion in these last games even if they were to lose 12-0. 

To be fair, Spurs only have themselves to blame for the season. Replacing Pochettino with Mourinho was a silly decision, but then keeping Mourinho on way too long. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jangz said:

i really do believe long term that his best position.. amazing passing range.. rarely loses the ball.. pacy without being electric .. but can he belt a long ranger.. 

the big thing for me was when he moved into that position he was winning the aerial duels Every time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jangz said:

I think Silva has been the leader.. we just need better players to be honest.. Lamps, Ballack, Drogba were world class players.. Back in the day everyone use to give Mikel a hard time.. but my God i would take him over Jorginho any day of the week... 

Yes, I am guilty of that. But my God, Jorgi is not worthy shoe-lacing Mikel's boots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Backbiter said:

Werner did some good things. But as a collective front three, they were shocking.

i think of them i cant remember a single moment for Pulisic.. always either a step behind or forward.. For Mount his finishing has been poor the past month or so.. well werner completely mis quicked or mis headed in front of the goal.. this season for him is a write off..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Stas1 said:

That is the thing. I personally do not want heroics, as heroic act usually amends someone else's f**k up. I just want to see a bunch of professionals with skills and some pride in what they do and achieve. Not much to ask, is it

Sorry it's not the chelsea way we dont like to do anything the easy way and that's what makes the heroics even more memorable. Wait until saturday when someone like silva makes 5 goal line clearance and then gets a 119th minute winner. No one will be asking for him to stop being so heroic

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Well, calmed down a bit and finally got my boys some dinner!

Mixed feelings today

1) Elation. Fantastic come back to get top 4.

2) Embarrassment. We should not be "doing an Arsenal " and celebrating 4th place. And frankly, with the silly points we have thrown away, we should have finished higher.

3) Relief. We did our best to throw it away,  but we got through.

4) Injustice. Never a pen. Never a red. We should have had at least 1 pen. 


5) Gratitude. Thank you Bale and Spurs.

6) Concern. This team has problems. Creativity is a worry. Goals are a worry.  The fact that we are only ever a reece James or Jorginho error away from implosion. But worse than all of those is the sense that we are bottlers. With this core, I worry about their ability to win when needed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Jorginho and Kovacic always give teams too many chances. Kovacic has given the ball away 3 times in the last 3 games that have all ended up in big chances for the opposition, its just poor finishing or luck that they haven't gone in the back of the net. The only difference between his mistakes and Jorginho's right now is that Jorginho's mistakes are being punished. 

It's not good enough from either of them and so much of our game is built around them, especially Jorginho. We have built a team around a player that is more likely to cost us points than anything else. We need a dominant midielder, enough of this tikki takka bullsh*t that is getting us nowhere. It's made us soft.

God forbid if we have to rely on Jorginho and Kovacic for CL final as City will tear us apart.

I have never rated it as a pairing. I know some have and moaned when Lamps split it up but both are too ponderous in possession and take too many risks around our own box. When they get found out like today that pairing is a complete liability. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TJB said:

Oh no! I made a spelling mistake! So sorry teacher!

If missing out on top 4 the way they have 2 seasons in a row doesn't count as bottling it I don't know what does. 

100 lines for you 😉. No need to apologise I nearly always spell that teams name wrong.  On a serious note though to their credit  I'd say they are over achieving in many respects when you consider their resources and history.

I'm just disappointed with the way our season is in danger of fizzling out . Face it we were sh*t lucky to get Champions League qualification today thanks to Tottenham of all teams.  The fact their fans must be seething is the one thing that's cheered me up today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

6) Concern. This team has problems. Creativity is a worry. Goals are a worry.  The fact that we are only ever a reece James or Jorginho error away from implosion. But worse than all of those is the sense that we are bottlers. With this core, I worry about their ability to win when needed. 

Harsh on Reece.. . replace that with Kova..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!