Eden Hazard

Unfortunately given the way that he trains and looks after himself, his peak will be much shorter and he won’t go into his mid 30s. Basically he won’t do a Ronaldo. 

Thank goodness Marina cashed in. Best deal ever 

1 hour ago, Night-T said:

Maybe Real just isn't a match. Not every player goes just as well with every team.

He was one of the few positives when he played for Belgium on the EC 

He really wasn’t, more like hampered them as he was seen as a reference point and couldn’t stay fit. In hindsight they were better off bringing him off the bench to influence games.

2 hours ago, Night-T said:

Maybe Real just isn't a match. Not every player goes just as well with every team.

There was the same theory's about Torres/us, Alexis/United, Kaka/Real that they will suddenly burst to life at a new club with a fresh start but it just didn't happen. 

When players are finished, they are finished.

Edited by Argo

What if we just loaned him.  Take a page from the Italians book or Spurs with Bale.  Nothing to lose there.  Pay a small loan fee and a portion of his wages.

Edit: I say the above like we have any influence over any of this.  

Edited by PhilH930

1 minute ago, PhilH930 said:

What if we just loaned him.  Take a page from the Italians book or Spurs with Bale.  Nothing to lose there.  Pay a small loan fee and a portion of his wages.

I think on loan is the only way I would take him back, it's hard to know if he's really finished as a top level footballer or he's just playing for the wrong team.

1 hour ago, PhilH930 said:

We already have about 7 players for 3 positions more if we get Haaland and all for their faults are better than present day Hazard.

Emotion aside there's just no room for him.

8 hours ago, Argo said:

We already have about 7 players for 3 positions more if we get Haaland and all for their faults are better than present day Hazard.

Emotion aside there's just no room for him.

I just don't see a path to getting Haaland, and balancing our top scorer had 6 goals in the league last season.  I do believe there is a lot more to come from Werner, and would also agree Hazard is far from his best.  That said, still think he'd have an impact after 3+ months of serious fitness training.

18 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

I just don't see a path to getting Haaland, and balancing our top scorer had 6 goals in the league last season.  I do believe there is a lot more to come from Werner, and would also agree Hazard is far from his best.  That said, still think he'd have an impact after 3+ months of serious fitness training.

It’s hard to run on broken ankles 

• 2 months later...

There definitely seems to be some growing rumours about this possible move. Although everything I have seen so far involves a player + cash swap. Supposedly Real are interested in Reece, and that might be behind some of these stories.

36 minutes ago, forbzy said:

There definitely seems to be some growing rumours about this possible move. Although everything I have seen so far involves a player + cash swap. Supposedly Real are interested in Reece, and that might be behind some of these stories.

Absolutely no chance of selling the man who is already the best RB in the world and has the potential to occupy that spot for the next 10 years or more.

We aren't selling our best players. Selling Hazard was an exception. We're not Arsenal.

3 hours ago, wizardous said:

Absolutely no chance of selling the man who is already the best RB in the world and has the potential to occupy that spot for the next 10 years or more.

We aren't selling our best players. Selling Hazard was an exception. We're not Arsenal.

Agreed. I cannot see us selling Reece. That being said if Madrid are genuinely interested in Reece they might be behind some of these stories in an effort to try and unsettle him.

This rumor just sounds like love from Roman, can't see how a 30 year old Hazard fits in the current team. As much as I love Hazard, hopefully it doesn't happen, it's likely to have the same effect as the Schenko signing. Not the player's or manager's fault, just another unnecessary puzzle to solve.

On 12/10/2021 at 20:01, Munkworth said:

I’d take him for free if they’re desperate to get rid of him. 

Failing that would consider Pullisic part exchange although I’m just RM wouldn’t fall for that.

Would mean we’d get rid of someone not suited to EPL and he could reignite his career at RM a bit like Robben. Also keep his US fan base happy.

Win win in my eyes and we get a Chelsea superstar back who’s capable of the X factor we need in certain matches.