So who do you think is realistic

loz

I think it's unanimous that...

1. We need a centre forward that understands the offside rule and has more bottle than France in times of war.

2. We need a new centre half who we can truly accept is the obvious first choice rather than opinions changing every week due to mistakes being shared around like Wayne Bridges bird at a Chelsea reunion.

3. We need someone in the front three who can open up defences with a bit of genuine quality rather than ponderous same old same old.

4. We need a midfielder who isn't Jorginho.

So being realistic who do you think we will target. 

It's too obvious to say Kane or Haaland for striker but we won't get  remotely near either of them. We aren't in that league. Lukaku is more likely.

Defender. Marquinhos is an obvious link due to the PSG connection and the fact that there is no great credibility in just winning in France. However he will demand a big arse fee for defender who is mid to late 20s. Personally I'd rather tempt Leicester with a bid for Fofana who has proved he is more than equipped for the English league and is young with a very bright future ahead of him. 

The bit of flair up front. It's hard to see the club not being interested on bringing Hazard back. He wants it, it will be attractive to Madrid to negotiate  a way of netting off some of the fee we agreed with them and he is a big fan of the English diet of burgers as a starter. It will be a massive gamble but, be honest, you'd love to see him back. A fat Eden has more flair than Werner as a winger!

And who to replace Jorginho and improve the team? Well last I heard Peter Nicholas was considering a come back.

Spend all our money on Kane. 

Im happy with our defenders and our wide players. I'd wait another year for a new DM. Fix the striker and use what we've got. Maybe sell Zouma or Christensen and replace with Guehi. 

If we can't get Kane them I have no idea. Haaland won't come here. I'm not sure on Lukaku either. Andre Silva maybe from Frankfurt?? 

2 minutes ago, Bendan94 said:

It’s just my heart speaking because I for some reason love him but I’d take Marco Veratti for midfield.

I'd take that happily. Don't think it has any chance of happening but he is a class act.

4 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Spend all our money on Kane. 

Im happy with our defenders and our wide players. I'd wait another year for a new DM. Fix the striker and use what we've got. Maybe sell Zouma or Christensen and replace with Guehi. 

If we can't get Kane them I have no idea. Haaland won't come here. I'm not sure on Lukaku either. Andre Silva maybe from Frankfurt?? 

We aren't getting Kane though. Spurs won't sell him to us and he won't choose us. He is leaving Spurs because he knows he needs to win major trophies in his career. We are are a risky bet in that regard.

3 minutes ago, loz said:

1. We need a centre forward that understands the offside rule and has more bottle than France in times of war.

2. We need a new centre half who we can truly accept is the obvious first choice rather than opinions changing every week due to mistakes being shared around like Wayne Bridges bird at a Chelsea reunion.

3. We need someone in the front three who can open up defences with a bit of genuine quality rather than ponderous same old same old.

So bring realistic who do you think we will target. 

It's too obvious to say Kane or Haaland for striker but we won't get  remotely near either of them. We aren't in that league. Lukaku is more likely.

Defender. Marquinhos is an obvious link due to the PSG connection and the fact that there is no great credibility in just winning in France. However he will demand a big arse fee for defender who is mid to late 20s. Personally I'd rather tempt Leicester with a bid for Fofana who has proved he is more than equipped for the English league and is young with a very bright future ahead of him. 

The bit of flair up front. It's hard to see the club not being interested on bringing Hazard back. He wants it, it will be attractive to Madrid to negotiate  a way of netting off some of the fee we agreed with them and he is a big fan of the English diet of burgers as a starter. It will be a massive gamble but, be honest, you'd love to see him back. A fat Eden has more flair than Werner as a winger!

And who to replace Jorginho and improve the team? Well last I heard Peter Nicholas was considering a come back.

Ah, Loz. Loz, Loz, Loz. 

Fat arses, fat Edens, disparaging the French, Lukaku likely, astute perception with Fofana, (entirely correct), Jorginho jokes, and then closing with a nod to Peter Nicholas the Welsh Mr. Kipling.

We are not worthy. You cannot learn that style of posting people. To put it into context, that is the equivalent of a James Brown show-stopper right there.

If I could I'd walk out on stage and drape an ermine cape around you shoulders Loz I would be honoured.

7 minutes ago, just said:

Ah, Loz. Loz, Loz, Loz. 

Fat arses, fat Edens, disparaging the French, Lukaku likely, astute perception with Fofana, (entirely correct), Jorginho jokes, and then closing with a nod to Peter Nicholas the Welsh Mr. Kipling.

We are not worthy. You cannot learn that style of posting people. To put it into context, that is the equivalent of a James Brown show-stopper right there.

If I could I'd walk out on stage and drape an ermine cape around you shoulders Loz I would be honoured.

I know you just said fat arse in a tribute to JFH

29 minutes ago, loz said:

So being realistic who do you think we will target. 

Is Haaland really as unrealistic as everyone says he is? 

Barca are broke atm and I doubt Real have the funds either (given they're trying to offload Hazard for cheap). That leaves Man Utd, City and us. United most likely won't go for a striker with Cavani's new deal so it's just between us and Man City I'd imagine. 

Imo 140m on Haaland's a far better investment than 100m on Lukaku given Haaland's younger age and far higher ceiling. Given Roman's net worth increase I can see us breaking the bank for him this summer

Just now, just said:

In all seriousness I would be very, very wary of buying any players on the back of good performances in Serie A. I have watched quite a lot of it this season and it is not a great standard IMO.

Agreed. I don't think it's a wise move at all. I just think it seems very possible. 

2 minutes ago, Drogba1 said:

Is Haaland really as unrealistic as everyone says he is? 

Barca are broke atm and I doubt Real have the funds either (given they're trying to offload Hazard for cheap). That leaves Man Utd, City and us. United most likely won't go for a striker with Cavani's new deal so it's just between us and Man City I'd imagine. 

Imo 140m on Haaland's a far better investment than 100m on Lukaku given Haaland's younger age and far higher ceiling. Given Roman's net worth increase I can see us breaking the bank for him this summer

I think he is City bound all day long. We are miles behind them just in terms of attracting talent other than breing able to offer players  a life in living in the capital rather than a suburb of Bolton.

30 minutes ago, loz said:

A, British Steel in the form of Danny ings, far better than people think, and will finish off the huge amount of chances that aren't converted.

A, Just keep JT away from Silvas Mrs, and get some Italian brute, Teamed up with finesse and poise of Christensen, The power of Rudiger 'Atilla the hun' and Brazilian maestro Silva..

A, Billy will put a stone of Scottish Beef on and terrorise the midfield next season, like a SounessXMcAllister hybrid

A, Pirlo, isn't  jorginho......

Depends if we win this weekend. If we do I think the Haalands and Camavingas etc. are in our wheelhouse, similar to Eden in 2012.

If we don't we are just another club in Europe, who relied on Spurs showing bottle and making a comeback to scrape into the top four. 

4 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Depends if we win this weekend. If we do I think the Haalands and Camavingas etc. are in our wheelhouse, similar to Eden in 2012.

If we don't we are just another club in Europe, who relied on Spurs showing bottle and making a comeback to scrape into the top four. 

It's a fair point Spiller however I can't see Camavinga being on the list just now. We have youth options in midfield. Kante aside we don't have genuine quality and experience. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, loz said:

It's a fair point Spiller however I can't see Camavinga being on the list just now. We have youth options in midfield. Kante aside we don't have genuine quality and experience. 

It's a fair point. I picked out Camavinga because of the left foot which I think is something missing in our deep midfield mix. I could have replaced him with Saul (who I'm on record as saying is the one player I'd throw the keys to the farm at) or Fabian Ruiz for similar reasons, but I think they are less realistic. 

I know others disagree but I honestly think Billy doesn't have the physical attributes required to be a modern midfielder in a top top team. Great technician though. 

Midfield for me is a lower priority given we are playing with just 2 at the minute. A genuine top striker is the key need. Other than that we're doing okay. Potentially another defender to replace Thiago in a season's time.

Edited by Spiller86

2 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Hmm 4 problems there so the obvious answer is we need the make the Kante triplets become the Kante quadruplets! 

All of them with new hamstring muscles!

2 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

All of them with new hamstring muscles!

Why not indeed, roman is loaded. All this time he hast wasted his money on Drinkwaters and Bakas whwn he could have been investing heavily in gene therapy.

Pay cloning rights to the originals and then build us a dream team of players since he bought the club:

Cech

Ivanovic 

Cahill

JT

Cole

Maka

Kante

Lampard

Mount

Drogba

Hazard

When they get old just replace with a younger copy. Problem solved!

Posted (edited)

I think we are going to struggle for a top striker this season. 

I see Lukaku and Haaland staying. Now dortmund have the champions league secured I can just see them selling Sancho only unless a ridiculous offer comes in for Haaland. It makes more sense for them to have him secure CL football for them next season then sell for the clause. 

Kane I think is a cert for City in my opinion. Instant success that he wants. 

There's not much left. Which makes me think we would be fools to let Tammy/Giroud go with very limited options. 

If we do sign someone we need someone with a bit of personality. Michy, Morata both had ability but we need someone in the mould of Tevez and Costa who has more bite. Someone who doesn't go missing. We have a very young and a pretty soft team. 

We should avoid signing potential which is why I think we could go for someone like a Belotti from Torino as a Giroud/Tammy replace just to cover the position. He's likely one of those who's always been there on the scouting list for a few years and his contract is at a point where they need to sell. Not a huge fee but it covers the position until next season. It's better than signing a 70 million 21 year old then loan them back to where they came from. 

As for defenders I think it depends on the striker we get. Varane is someone who looks to be leaving Madrid. He's in his prime and it makes sense for us to go for him if we have a chance. Though if we spend big on a striker than that probably makes that unlikely. I struggle to see psg letting go of marquinhos. 

For midfielders that kid from monaco has been touted and Weigl from Benfica. Rice is too expensive unless we give them Tammy but Moyes pretty much said why would they sell him now they are in Europe. 

I don't think we're going to have a window like we did last season. The biggest task for the club is to sell players and we have alot to sell. We are very top heavy in attack. Ziyech, Werner, CHO, Mount, Havertz, Pulisic. There's alot of games to play in a football season and Im someone who prefers are strong consistant starting 11.

We are going into the final next week and we don't know who's going to play in the front three. I think there's potential one of them could get sold in the window and I only see havertz, werner and mount safe out of those. 

Edited by Sheva

Let's say realistically it's another £200m outlay. Sounds a lot but to get 3 top players that's what we're looking a proper striker a top tier dm and a world class cb. I'd argue a creative player to unlock defenses is important as well and would advocate signing Eden. Even if he's half the player he's still arguably a legend and I like many other fans of Hazard would love him to effectively retire here. He gave us his best years and I'd say he could still be what Robben and Ribery were for Bayern for us here at Chelsea.

2 hours ago, loz said:

Patrick Bamford? Dom Clavert-Lewin? Leicester's other striker not called Jamie Vardy?

2 hours ago, loz said:

Jonny Evans? Tyrone Mings? 

2 hours ago, loz said:

Jack Grealish? James Maddison? Harvey Barnes? Ricardo Perrirea? Wilf Zaha?

2 hours ago, loz said:

Yvves Bissouma? Tielemanns? Nididi? Sander Berge? 

3 hours ago, Bendan94 said:

It’s just my heart speaking because I for some reason love him but I’d take Marco Veratti for midfield.

Veratti ís unavailable every second game and has been for years. Great player a few years ago. Has to be someone that can play a lot of games every season at the English pace.  

4 hours ago, loz said:

1. I don’t think we sign a striker this summer unless it’s Haaland or Kane, neither of which seems likely.

2. Varane would be my choice

3. Sancho or Hazard

4. Tchouameni been rumored for awhile, so I’ll say him

42 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

1. I don’t think we sign a striker this summer unless it’s Haaland or Kane, neither of which seems likely.

2. Varane would be my choice

3. Sancho or Hazard

4. Tchouameni been rumored for awhile, so I’ll say him

Agree with you on point 1 if we are only aiming at elite level. Point 4 would make sense with TT knowledge of french league talent.

On point 2 though getting Varane is like getting Haaland, too many clubs in a position to offer a better chance of trophies than we can, (City, Bayern, Liverpool etc) would be ahead of us in the que. 

Same with point 3 for Sancho, maybe Hazard though.