So who do you think is realistic

loz

7 hours ago, just said:

In all seriousness I would be very, very wary of buying any players on the back of good performances in Serie A. I have watched quite a lot of it this season and it is not a great standard IMO.

Well, we can still remember him struglling at MU the last time he was playing in England, right? We don't have to wonder what if. He is still the same limited player with a shocking touch.

And yes, Serie A is very poor at the moment, so spending a fortune on Lukaku based on how impressive he is there is madness.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Scott said:

I would have no problem buying Bamford back. He can put the ball in the net unlike the little German.

The problem there is the little German wins pens and worries defences, Bamford needs direct service and we're awful at getting the ball into the final third with direct/quick play.

I think Kane will go to City, Please throw all the money at Haaland because it looks like me might be the only ones who can afford him.

Edited by Luca Vialli

For me in term of priority is 

Midfielder > Rw/CF 

Last year our two must sign positions were dm and gk. Instead we got cb, lb, gk, and 3 attackers. 

So again we need at least one midfielder. This is difficult. it really depend on what is Tuchel plan. You can have a case for sitting destroyer, a creator, a sitting passer. 

For CF or Rw. This is just annoying. We have 8 seniors attackers + 2 on loan. We have spent over 200 m in the last 2 seasons for attackers. It's difficult to say that we need one more starting level attacker but we do. It is similar to midfielder, this really depend on Tuchel plan. He can go so many ways. 

A srriker is looking difficult, and i really cant see us bringing in both a striker and a creative attacker. So its either/or for me. 

Il go with 

Sancho

Tchouameni 

Varane

Then see how the land lies next summer with Haaland, Lukaku, and Rice. 

5 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

1. I don’t think we sign a striker this summer unless it’s Haaland or Kane, neither of which seems likely.

2. Varane would be my choice

3. Sancho or Hazard

4. Tchouameni been rumored for awhile, so I’ll say him

- Varane or Boateng as CB

- Tchouameni as CDM

- Sancho (kind pipedream so I don't think this will happen - but he can score and probably he and Haaland are keen to keep that relationship).

Mayby someone like Haller (Ajax) for "cheap" to bridge the gap until Haaland gets hot next season - can see him paired with Werner quite well. Giroud and Tammy likely leave. But if Sancho really is feasable I'd try with Havertz / Werner up front and then add Haaland next season ideally.

No idea about Lukaku, Kane won't come and Haaland would be incredible expensive this season if not impossible to get.

I will draw up 2 lists. A mix of big bucks and budget options for each (i.e, not all big budget in a single list)

List 1)

Forward: Memphis Depay

Creative Mid: Dominik Szoboszlai

Def Mid: Declan Rice

CB: Marquinhos

List 2:

Forward: Danny Ings

Creative Mid: Jadon Sancho

Def Mid: Julian Weigl

CB: Raphael Varane

List 3: Dreamland

Forward: Haaland

Creative Mid: Jadon Sancho

Def Mid: Declan Rice

CB: Marquinhos

Loan: Eden

Posted (edited)

If Tuchel wants to keep his 343 system and rather improve upon it I'd love to see the following:

-Hakimi

-Sancho

-Tchouamini (because that sounds like it's probably going down)

(-Haaland next season or maybe next winter if possible)

If feasable of course a quality CB could help significantly:

-Varane (or even better Marquinhos) or Boateng for "short-term"

Edited by weetee

I think we really need to be careful this summer in where we bring players from, as much as who they are. We desperately need some stability, players that can bed straight into the league rather than having to settle over 3 or 4 months. So I would go with: -

Striker - Danny Ings, hes everything we need...other than his proclivity to get injured...

Centre back - Ezri Konsa, has been outstanding for Villa and has the makings of a top class centre back. Would work well alongside any of our other centre backs.

Midfielder(s) - I think we have  choice of either bringing one player in that frees up one of our existing players or we actually need 2, one alongside Kante/Kovacic and one in front of them. So either bring in Declan Rice and move Kovacic up the pitch, though I`m still not sure that helps. Or bring in Declan Rice and, as much as i cant stand the fally over little c**t, Jack Grealish. 

Jorginho - Fire him into the sun.

This is all based on us going away from an overly defensive 7 and getting back to an attack minded formation.

Belotti, Hazard & Varane.

Belotti shouldn’t be too expensive and good enough to be a squad player (I believe Werner will be much better next season).

Hazard, the rumours are beginning now that he wants a return to Chelsea. Of course I’d take him back, as a squad player with hope that he forces himself into starting team.

Varane, no words needed. Probably the most expensive signing.

8 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Hazard, the rumours are beginning now that he wants a return to Chelsea. Of course I’d take him back, as a squad player with hope that he forces himself into starting team.

No thank you. 

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Midfielder(s) - I think we have  choice of either bringing one player in that frees up one of our existing players or we actually need 2, one alongside Kante/Kovacic and one in front of them. So either bring in Declan Rice and move Kovacic up the pitch, though I`m still not sure that helps. Or bring in Declan Rice and, as much as i cant stand the fally over little c**t, Jack Grealish. 

Jorginho - Fire him into the sun.

I wouldn't touch that little c**t of Grealish with a barge pole! We've got better versions of him in Mount and Gilmour. Other than that, I agree that we need a DM to sit Jorginho on the bench and play Kante and Gilmour alongside the DM. I have liked what I've seen of Rice, plus he is a Chelsea lad and friends with some of our players. But, if there's other good option and cheaper, I don't mind as long as we get a proper DM. I wouldn't sell Jorginho as he's shown valuable against some type of opposition and he could be used to rotate the new DM.

1. Kane is impossible. Lukaku is a risk for the price. Haaland perfect but we won't buy him for that 150m. Atm I have no idea who we shroud go for. 

2. I am okay with our CB's

3. I am okay with our wingers

4. If we are left with Jorginho I am not depressed. However someone like Verratti would be great. Not moving from PSG and he is not the tallest but his attributes are what we need. 

Lukaku may have his drawbacks but there is no doubt whatsoever he'd be a massive improvement for us. So if Haaland & Kane are unattainable and Lukaku is a possibility we should do everything we can to get him.

20 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Lukaku may have his drawbacks but there is no doubt whatsoever he'd be a massive improvement for us. So if Haaland & Kane are unattainable and Lukaku is a possibility we should do everything we can to get him.

For the £80m+ Inter would demand for Lukaku I would pass, he looks very awkward on the ball. Would take a punt on Dusan Vlahovic instead, 21yr old Serbian hitman who just scored 21 league goals for Fiorentina, 6ft 2, good with his feet, no just a target man, & has shades of a young Batistuta.

Fiorentina would take £35m for him which is a bargain.  Considering we might be losing both Giroud & Tammy, worst case scenario he turns into a solid No 2.

Bale on loan

Lewandowski on a 2 year contract.

Rice, cash plus Tammy. 

Don't see any more movement though think we need it yet won't get the business done. 

Some of this will be last minute panic stuff as negotiations get drawn out.

GK - Donnarumma to replace Kepa
CB - Lille's Sven Botman, a left footed CB on Liverpool's radar - in a similar mould to JT??
CM - Lyon's Guimaraes to replace Jorginho with T Chalobah as his understudy (if Gilmour departs on loan)
AM - we can create as many overloads as we like but it isn't much use if we can't hit a barndoor - we lack a creative spark and Grealish fits the bill - either Grealish or Christian Eriksen
CF - Haaland is the obvious choice though if he prefers Bayern maybe we could go for Lewandowski?

38 minutes ago, the special one said:

CB - Lille's Sven Botman, a left footed CB on Liverpool's radar - in a similar mould to JT??
CM - Lyon's Guimaraes to replace Jorginho with T Chalobah as his understudy (if Gilmour departs on loan)
AM - we can create as many overloads as we like but it isn't much use if we can't hit a barndoor - we lack a creative spark and Grealish fits the bill - either Grealish or Christian Eriksen
CF - Haaland is the obvious choice though if he prefers Bayern maybe we could go for Lewandowski?

No way Grealish gets anywhere near our team after his diving and play-acting on the weekend to get Dave sent off. Disgraceful.

1 hour ago, the special one said:

Rate Guimaraes highly and feel we need to move on from Jorginho. Villa will demand too much for Grealish, & I feel Eriksen is past it. Raphinha/Neto might be a smart buy creative wise if Sancho who I feel is a buy is too expensive.

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Bale on loan

Lewandowski on a 2 year contract.

Rice, cash plus Tammy. 

Don't see any more movement though think we need it yet won't get the business done. 

Some of this will be last minute panic stuff as negotiations get drawn out.

That one is a huge pipe dream surely?

10 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Agree with you on point 1 if we are only aiming at elite level. Point 4 would make sense with TT knowledge of french league talent.

On point 2 though getting Varane is like getting Haaland, too many clubs in a position to offer a better chance of trophies than we can, (City, Bayern, Liverpool etc) would be ahead of us in the que. 

Same with point 3 for Sancho, maybe Hazard though.

Agreed there will be competition for the signatures of Sancho and Varane. But there’s competition for most of the players we sign. I think Sancho, in particular, wants to come here - just a feeling.

9 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Agreed there will be competition for the signatures of Sancho and Varane. But there’s competition for most of the players we sign. I think Sancho, in particular, wants to come here - just a feeling.

Would imagine TT still has contacts at Dortmund. Not sure how his relationship with the higher ups there is though.

16 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Would imagine TT still has contacts at Dortmund. Not sure how his relationship with the higher ups there is though.

lol - if anything Chelsea would have to pay a higher price because of Tuchels "relations" to them. But I guess it's an open secret that they would let Sancho leave this season at a good bid. Always thought he's already decided to go to United but we'll see..