So who do you think is realistic

loz

If we stick with 343, I'd take Haaland, Hakimi and Dec Rice.

If 433, Dec Rice, Haaland and 1 CB (can be a new signing or take one of the youth/loanees)

i think i am in minority but i dont want a striker.. i would stick with Havertz, mount, werner in a 343/3421 or have pulisic starting in a 433.. i actually would go in for a CM upgrade in the pivot with Rice.. Kova and Kante to partner him.. 

On the defensive side i think i would give another chance to AC and Rudi as first choice. i  believe we dont need 2-3 signings that TT wants.. I might as well check on Bakayako atleast in the pre-season.. and spend more energy in moving out barkley/drinkwater/ (RLC?) 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jangz said:

i think i am in minority but i dont want a striker.. i would stick with Havertz, mount, werner in a 343/3421 or have pulisic starting in a 433.. i actually would go in for a CM upgrade in the pivot with Rice.. Kova and Kante to partner him.. 

On the defensive side i think i would give another chance to AC and Rudi as first choice. i  believe we dont need 2-3 signings that TT wants.. I might as well check on Bakayako atleast in the pre-season.. and spend more energy in moving out barkley/drinkwater/ (RLC?) 

I think it is clear that we need a top striker, we should have killed off so many games over the season.

Edited by Malcolm9

14 minutes ago, Malcolm9 said:

I think it is clear that we need a top striker, we should have killed off so many games over the season.

True that.. but i am still willing to bet on Werner - hope he tears it up in the Euros and brings back the confidence from there.. he does a lot of stuff right for us.. if we starts banging them in.. it would really take us to the next level..

If we buy someone new we will have to change formations systems.. and one of Havertz/Mount/Werner will lose their attacking position in the front 3.. which may not be the best thing for us..

18 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Yeah I think it’s just him settling in a new league. I actually expect him to get 20 goals at the very least next season, in all competitions.

Same with Havertz, 15-20 goals.

If they start playing like that than Chelsea would be darn near unstoppable and probably would only need to bring in another defender.  

I don't think it's something that can be counted upon however.  

Although I will say a Havertz was hamstrung by not seeing a lot of game action towards the end of the season.  But I can't say that Werner has that excuse.  

18 hours ago, comtrend said:

https://www.squawka.com/en/comparison-matrix/

Select Timo Werner and then add the stats you want (conversion rate is under attack)

Interesting. . . most of our attackers seem to have a conversion rate between 10 and 15 percent.  Except for Abraham who has over 20.

Honestly I felt like he deserved more of a shot but I won't argue squad selection with a Champion's league winning manager.  

Not sure what formation we will play, but il assume we will keep the 343, and also use 4231/4222 in some games, since there has been a few repoorts about using a back 4 next season. 

I would like to see a decent deputy/competition for Chilwell, so I would like to see Nuno mendes come in, or Robin Gosens. 

Midfield, I think we need someone who can complememt what we already have, Rice would be good, but I like the look of Tchouameni aswell. 

Winger, I might be in the minority, but I am happy to go into the season with Havertz as the main striker, and Abraham backing him up. So my improvement in the final 3rd would come from signing Sancho. He is quality, he is available, and in 12 months time, if we really still need a world class striker, we have Haaland's best mate already at the club. 

Should Abraham leave along with Giroud, I think we still need that traditional striker option, but we need someone to who realizes they wont be 1st choice. Ings is a good option, I also like Weghorst who weve been linked with as well. I think Tuchel likes that type as an option, hence him signing Chupo-Moting for PSG.

Back 4. 

Mendy

James/azpi---Thiago/Zouma---Rudi/Chris---Chilly/Mendes

Kante/Kovacic---Rice/Jorginho 

Sancho/CHO---Mount/Ziyech---Werner/Pulisic 

Havertz/Ings

Back 3

Mendy

Azpi/James---Thiago/Christiensen---Rudi/Zouma

James/CHO--- Kante/Rice---Jorginho/Kova---Chilly/Mendes

Sancho/Ziyech---Mount/Pulisic

Havertz/Werner/Ings

In

Nuno Mendes/ Gosens

Rice/Tchouameni 

Sancho

Ings/Weghorst

Hello everybody,

Long-time glory hunter reader decided to make an account after the CL victory.

As much as I rate Tuchel as one of the best tacticians and in-house talent evaluators, I´m not 100% convinced about his transfer input in the past, whether it´s BVB or PSG. Actually I think this was the perfect situation for Tuchel and Chelsea. He had a set and willing (*cough* Mbappe/Neymar*) squad of high-quality and depth to follow his ideas, thanks to the recent transfer window and youth development.

I don´t think Tuchel rates Zouma, but I´d just replace him 1-on-1 with Tomori and be done with it.  Furthermore I think Reece James is an excellent player, but his attacking contributions are sometimes lacking, especially against weaker teams, when trying to break down the defense. Therefore I´d consider shifting him inside more often in a 3-5-2, which provides enough CB squad cover, but also opens a spot for Hakimi, who is the one name on the list that I actually do love, specifically for his attacking skills.

As far as midfield is concerned I´d also bring back RLC/Barkley and give Tuchel some time to evaluate there, too.

When it comes to the attack, I would not rush into Lukaku, but rather stragetically look at Haaland long-term. I´d try to figure out how close Sancho and Haaland are. On the pitch they work perfectly. We all know Sancho prefers a move home to London over Manchester or Liverpool. Tottenham/Arsenal are at best at the same level as Dortmund. Then you got Tammy Abraham, who could be the medium-term replacement for Haaland at Dortmund, so I´d offer Dortmund €80M + Abraham for Sancho right now. It´s a slight overpay, but establishes a relationship for next summer. That´s when I move for Haaland in 2022.

Goalkeepers: Mendy, Kepa

Defenders: Hakimi, James, Rudiger, Christensen, Tomori, Silva, Azpilicueta, Alonso

Midfielders: Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Gilmour, RLC, Barkley,

Attackers: Pulisic, Sancho, Havertz, Mount, (Haaland), Ziyech, Werner, CHO

The foundation at Chelsea is so good, I think you only buy absolute quality (Hakimi, Sancho) and stay patient. 

Goalkeepers: Will Kepa stay calm next season?

Defenders: I still can imagine Boateng who I think would be a very good pairing with Rüdiger in a back four. Doubt it because of Azpi and Thiago. Tomori won't come to sit on the bench I guess but unless we make a really big signing to play with a back four I wouldn't worry about that too much. And a back four isn't that likely because of Thiago and Azpi (and Christensen eventually). Zouma I can see leaving the squad. If Hakimi can  be done he'd be a perfect fit for the current system, not so much for a four at the back system though. 

Midfield: Unless something crazy happens (Jorgi, Kova or Kanté leaving) we need a talented back-up for Jorgi imho. That could be that Monaco youngster. Other than that we're fine with Gilmore coming up (hope he stays and gets his minutes).

Attackers: CHO I could see going out on a loan to get that experience (=minutes on the pitch) he likely won't get under Tuchel in the current system. If Sancho would be willing to join us he'd be a great signing. Of course it'd be nice to have someone like Tammy or Giroud in the back hand but the former needs to play a lot and he won't be able to do that here and Giroud will likely move on.

tl/dr: If possible I'd also go with Hakimi and Sancho this season + Tchouaméni. And try the best to get Haaland the next one. I think he did play with both at Dortmund too.

How about Luka Jovic? I remember he was one of the highest rated strikers around before he joined Real Madrid.

It could be worth the gamble, I imagine he can’t be too expensive compared to Haaland etc.

Just now, dansubrosa said:

How about Luka Jovic? I remember he was one of the highest rated strikers around before he joined Real Madrid.

It could be worth the gamble, I imagine he can’t be too expensive compared to Haaland etc.

Isn't Jovic basically a Werner-type forward?

1 minute ago, Deino said:

Isn't Jovic basically a Werner-type forward?

I’ve always seen him as a target man type striker, he’s far too bulky to be like Werner. Having said that, I’ve only watched him a few times so maybe someone on here will know more.

He definitely looks like a no 9, target man striker to me.

14 hours ago, big blue said:

Not sure what formation we will play, but il assume we will keep the 343, and also use 4231/4222 in some games, since there has been a few repoorts about using a back 4 next season. 

I would like to see a decent deputy/competition for Chilwell, so I would like to see Nuno mendes come in, or Robin Gosens. 

Midfield, I think we need someone who can complememt what we already have, Rice would be good, but I like the look of Tchouameni aswell. 

Winger, I might be in the minority, but I am happy to go into the season with Havertz as the main striker, and Abraham backing him up. So my improvement in the final 3rd would come from signing Sancho. He is quality, he is available, and in 12 months time, if we really still need a world class striker, we have Haaland's best mate already at the club. 

Should Abraham leave along with Giroud, I think we still need that traditional striker option, but we need someone to who realizes they wont be 1st choice. Ings is a good option, I also like Weghorst who weve been linked with as well. I think Tuchel likes that type as an option, hence him signing Chupo-Moting for PSG.

Back 4. 

Mendy

James/azpi---Thiago/Zouma---Rudi/Chris---Chilly/Mendes

Kante/Kovacic---Rice/Jorginho 

Sancho/CHO---Mount/Ziyech---Werner/Pulisic 

Havertz/Ings

Back 3

Mendy

Azpi/James---Thiago/Christiensen---Rudi/Zouma

James/CHO--- Kante/Rice---Jorginho/Kova---Chilly/Mendes

Sancho/Ziyech---Mount/Pulisic

Havertz/Werner/Ings

In

Nuno Mendes/ Gosens

Rice/Tchouameni 

Sancho

Ings/Weghorst

I think Sancho is an interessting second option to a top striker. It would move Pulisic back to his favourite position on the left, in competition with Werner. With Giroud and Tammy most likely leaving we would need a decent third striker, as you mentioned. 

I'm not a fan of spending 80m-100m on rice though, I would go for Tchouameni or F.Kessie for half the price. That would possibly leave some money to get some great attacking wingbacks, like Hakimi and Theo Hernandez.

As much as I like Werner, think we need a proven goal scorer, Hell, maybe the extra competition may all the sudden  remind Werner how to stay on side and score. It's a risk we could not afford to take if we want to challenge the title. The top level strikers aren't easy to come by, but we are CL winner, got behave like one in the transfer market. There aren't many big teams competing for 60M+ strikers either, imagine City get Kane, give us the chance to have a go at others. Not ruling out Icardi either, a c*nt but we probably could do with one provided he doesn't steal anyone else's wife.

18 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Defiitely a Striker, especially after Lukaku re-buffed us, no great mystery as to why, so hopefully Marina et al have a cunning plan B..

Agent Conte is currently working deep undercover and will push for swapping Bakayoko and Drinkwater for Kane

Posted (edited)

My contrary opinion is we need a midfielder. Kante is 30 and increasingly susceptible to injuries. Kovacic generally doesn’t play 90 minutes 35 games a season. We need a younger alternative. This is not a knock on the three we have four if you count Gilmour but just a recognition that central midfield has to have strength in depth. 

the smartest thing Sarri did was bringing in Jorginho and Kovacic. we need another now. We do need a striker but the right one may not be available. There are some seemingly great young midfielders in France and maybe Italy that  we could get. 

Edited by ozboy

As now holders of the prestigious 'Champions of Europe', we should be looking to steal from the top table, it would be brilliant for Chelsea to put out a statement of intent, like Cities chairman did, in fact i've heard nothing from the Chelsea hierarchy, except seeing Romans grinning like a big Russian 'Fat Cat'...face

2 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

As now holders of the prestigious 'Champions of Europe', we should be looking to steal from the top table, it would be brilliant for Chelsea to put out a statement of intent, like Cities chairman did, in fact i've heard nothing from the Chelsea hierarchy, except seeing Romans grinning like a big Russian 'Fat Cat'...face

We spent over 200 m last year