So who do you think is realistic

loz

28 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Wonder if TT will take a good look at Armando Broja. He had a really good season at Vitesse. 

Would like to see him break into team at some point but it still feels too early for me. He looks really raw and probably need another 2-3 years before he can even think about breaking into the team.

I wouldn’t be against signing an established striker such as Kane or anyone in that age bracket and we can see how Broja is getting on.

7 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Would like to see him break into team at some point but it still feels too early for me. He looks really raw and probably need another 2-3 years before he can even think about breaking into the team.

I wouldn’t be against signing an established striker such as Kane or anyone in that age bracket and we can see how Broja is getting on.

Would be ideal, however our there are not really many top class strikers out there we can sign. Lukaku, staying at Inter, Haaland, way too much this summer, Kane, no chance with Levy.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

We spent over 200 m last year 

It was a good start, because that was after a year with a transfer ban. Our net spend is still low, when you include last season and season before that.

Edited by comtrend

6 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Well thats not this year is it, that history, gone, finito, what are we doing now Striker wise, its what we all want, sign Haaland now and show that intent to compete for the PL next season...

I agree, I believe this year is our best chance to sign Haaland, we just won the bloody champions league! The bonus money, player sales, transfer budget, we certainly can afford him. We’ll just have to see how ambitious we are...

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I agree, I believe this year is our best chance to sign Haaland, we just won the bloody champions league! The bonus money, player sales, transfer budget, we certainly can afford him. We’ll just have to see how ambitious we are...

f**king spot on mate, This could be sorted now, Haaland is just on his Jollies atm...
Also i think we have Utd hopping, knowing whoever they go for, we go for their other prime targets??

Edited by Ballack & Blu

3 hours ago, ozboy said:

My contrary opinion is we need a midfielder. Kante is 30 and increasingly susceptible to injuries. Kovacic generally doesn’t play 90 minutes 35 games a season. We need a younger alternative. This is not a knock on the three we have four if you count Gilmour but just a recognition that central midfield has to have strength in depth. 

the smartest thing Sarri did was bringing in Jorginho and Kovacic. we need another now. We do need a striker but the right one may not be available. There are some seemingly great young midfielders in France and maybe Italy that  we could get. 

Yeah agree on Ligue 1, and most French teams are cash strapped. Camavinga Soumare, Bruno Guimarães & Tchouameni are all available at the right price and potentially world class players

As much as I think Werner, Pulisic and Kai will score more goals next year - and we just won the CL - you have to invest when you are at the top.

We have failed in this over and over again and are always left with poorer signings down the road as a result.

I agree with the general sentiments above, it will not be easy to get Haaland. But if City get Kane and Utd get Sancho - we have to make a statement or we'll just fall further behind.

Main worry is Conte goes Spurs (whhhhhhhy Antonio!) and convinced Kane to say, so Haaland goes City and Utd get Sancho.

We just have to be smart, and go to toe with City or whoever, but maybe Tuchel has another option we aren't aware of, We could get ings, who i think is the same sort of player as kane, he's excellent in front of goal, i think we need more goals from midfield tbh, Sancho back to london, And that dude from Monaco, who Cesc recommends, hopefully we do a proper chopping of what Tuchel deems surplus, i wouldn't be surprised to see Werner go, or  Pex him for someone, unless we play 2 up top?

Kane or Haaland (maybe Lewa if he wants to come) for me if none of them I'd rather we don't settle on mediocrity since that has been our downfall off the back of previous title wins.

On the other hand if we can find a genuine star that nobody knows and we can get for cheap that would be ideal for me. Surely there's someone out there that our scouts have identified that isn't so well known but can still score for fun.

https://theprideoflondon.com/2021/06/03/chelsea-dont-sign-striker-just-say-signed-striker/

I think this article illustrates this quite well too much deadwood bought over the years. I do think we should get somebody though going into the season without a recognised striker assuming Tammy follows Oli out the door would not be great.

I'm beginning to think go for Ings even knowing he will miss a part of the season due to injuries.

My reasoning is that we have Havertz as the false 9 and we will likley have Broja too.

I think this is better than massively overpaying and wait a season and then see what makes sense when prices might come down. 

3 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I'm beginning to think go for Ings even knowing he will miss a part of the season due to injuries.

My reasoning is that we have Havertz as the false 9 and we will likley have Broja too.

I think this is better than massively overpaying and wait a season and then see what makes sense when prices might come down. 

Question is how much would Saints want. They may insist on a huge fee too.

14 hours ago, axman2526 said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12323671/armando-broja-chelsea-set-to-open-contract-negotiations-with-teenage-forward

Looks like TT is well ahead of me yet again and looks likely to bring him in to the fold next season.

Hopefully using Tammy can ease the path to signing Declan Rice.

I think Broja needs a loan to the championship. It worked very well for Reece and Mount.

12 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Question is how much would Saints want. They may insist on a huge fee too.

I think that's going to be the problem with any Premier League/English striker. We may have to pay over the odds for an Ings/Watkins and you may aswell just keep Tammy. If we can't buy one of the big guns we should likely shop in Europe or just keep what we have.

Why buy Watkins for like 60m and sell Tammy for 35 - 40? Doesn't make sense to me.

2 hours ago, charierre said:

Ings contract expires next year. So Saints will probably be looking to cash in whilst they can. £25M tops.

That makes him a good option. Depends on if at TT wants him. We dont need another Conte situation where we give him a Morara instead of a Lukaku.

People are after a striker but hear this, I think a striker or at least traditional number 9 target man ruins the way we play, the false 9 suits us, as it did city, football is changing, the 2 best teams in the CL played without a real striker and dispatched everyone, all the big clubs,  we just need to get Kai to tuck them away ruthlessly, or find another false 9 type player or second striker anelka type. 

When Frank could spend last summer, he said something that has been our downfall for many years now. We will only buy players who are exceptional that will improve our team, if they wont, we just wont buy anyone at all.

We spent years buying dross or bang average squad players. And what happens, we spend £20-£40m, they play badly, so results suffer, they stick around for 3-4 years in which time certain parts of the squad are holding us back from the top prizes, then no one wants to buy them or can afford their wages, and then in a few years you need to throw money at the position again.

Contrast that with this year, Mendy direct improvement, Silva direct improvement, Chilwell direct improvement. Whilst the first two were free/cheap generally speaking, Chilwell shows if you spend money but its on real quality, we might not have to replace that position for the next 5 years, and throw more money at a new left back, but not only that, in that time we have someone of real quality in that position so our performance don't decline. Then you add that to the forward players we bought who all throughout the season showed real brilliance and match winning performances.

That's why its pointless adding any more players to an already big squad and loan army, we just need to buy two or three players max, but who have that absolute star quality, to cement us as Champions League favorites. Players like Mbappe, Kane, Lewandowski, Haaland, proven quality, or an absolute young talent that is destined for the top. Not average players that we will just need to throw more money on in a few years whilst not having improved our situation in the meantime. And if we cant get players of that quality we just need to do without and keep what we got, afterall they have proved they are good enough. 

3 hours ago, SFL82 said:

People are after a striker but hear this, I think a striker or at least traditional number 9 target man ruins the way we play, the false 9 suits us, as it did city, football is changing, the 2 best teams in the CL played without a real striker and dispatched everyone, all the big clubs,  we just need to get Kai to tuck them away ruthlessly, or find another false 9 type player or second striker anelka type. 

If we sign a a big money striker, im not sure where that leaves Havertz. The best he has looked for us, is in that false 9 role. If we move him deeper, it leaves us with about 6 players for the 2 positions off the striker. 

If we switch to 4231, he is either forced out wide, or competing with mount as the 10. 

He is our record signing, he is young, with bags of potential. If we want a big signing to boost the attack, it has to be a Sancho, or a Felix, to help create and score in tandem with Havertz imo.