Romelu Lukaku back to Chelsea

16 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Looks like it was neither, he is in Monaco right now.

That is not too far from Paris though right? Hmm..

Bit of a detour if he wants to cheer on his new teammates in Belfast...

41 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Looks like it was neither, he is in Monaco right now.

That is not too far from Paris though right? Hmm..

23 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Bit of a detour if he wants to cheer on his new teammates in Belfast...

There’s a Monico Bar in Belfast. That’s where he’ll be having a few Guinness and a pastie supper. Needs to gain a few lbs after that Italian diet has him away to scrapings. 

5 hours ago, coco said:

Werners best position last season was playing inside forward , not hugging the wing, not central, but in between, either left or right, he made it really uncomfortable for big defenders as they were being pulled away from their position. Loads of examples of him doing this and creating space for players to exploit, including the winning goal in the final, and the goal against RM in the semi.

He could play the same role either side of Lukaku in a 3-4-2-1, drop Mount back in Jorginhos place with Kante for the games we dont need 2 holding.

Azpilicueta----Silva----Rudiger

Jame                    Kante                             Chilly

Mount

Havetrz             Werner

Lukaku

In a back 3 formation:

James Kante Jorginho Chilwell

Havertz Mount

Lukaku

In 4-3-3:

James Kounde Silva Chilwell

Jorginho

Kante  Mount

Havertz  Lukaku  Werner

or 4-2-1-2-1

Kante Jorginho

Mount

Havertz        Werner

Lukaku

Edited by Gol15

got panic buy written all over it, but its Roman's cash and its pocket change to him so whom am I to be critical, the lad is obviously keen to return and prove Maureen wrong for getting rid after he missed that pen vs BM in the 2014 Super Cup

1 hour ago, General said:

got panic buy written all over it, but its Roman's cash and its pocket change to him so whom am I to be critical, the lad is obviously keen to return and prove Maureen wrong for getting rid after he missed that pen vs BM in the 2014 Super Cup

We have been after Lukaku nearly every summer since he left. Not sure how you can call this a panic buy. Its clearly been worked on all summer. 

2 hours ago, General said:

He admits it was him who asked to leave not the other way around ,infact he never had a single issue with Mourinho , if any he adores him.

https://www.fotmob.com/news/1p3oymr4biat3125xiienh3jer/lukaku-mourinho-has-already-made-me-a-better-player

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2872974-romelu-lukaku-jose-mourinho-didnt-have-players-he-wanted-at-manchester-united

It's with United , Ole ( who puts him on right wing ) and their fans whom he wanted to prove wrong

https://talksport.com/football/893487/jose-mourinho-hurt-romelu-lukaku-criticism-man-utd-inter-milan/

Now we know that his form depends on how much love or hate he got from the fans,  you guys know what to do

Edited by Wonmin

Finally we get a striker who is capable of physically handle ( if not bully) big ugly defenders. Whoever we sign or don't sign, some fans will complain. Put money aside ( none of us paid a coin), it's the kind if signing we need. After winning the CL, we need to strengthen, and this is not the time to sign a 20 year old wonder kid and expect him to lead the line with 20+ goals a season. We need experience and the ability to score off crosses and tap ins, and Lukaku is the man for that.

42 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Because a lot of people think Lukaku is not good enough and 2nd class st

Ask what Mourinho ,Conte and Tuchel their opinion about lukaku ,their opinion is what matters not those lot of people

People who don't understand football can only talk about his first touch this first touch that

People who understands have different opinions

Edited by Wonmin

1 hour ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Finally we get a striker who is capable of physically handle ( if not bully) big ugly defenders. Whoever we sign or don't sign, some fans will complain. Put money aside ( none of us paid a coin), it's the kind if signing we need. After winning the CL, we need to strengthen, and this is not the time to sign a 20 year old wonder kid and expect him to lead the line with 20+ goals a season. We need experience and the ability to score off crosses and tap ins, and Lukaku is the man for that.

I think there are other players that we could have gone for but that doesn't matter now, Lukaku is coming home and we'll have many options in attack.

12 hours ago, General said:

Why is this a panic buy?

Calling Mourinho Maureen is both childish and sexist. 

9 hours ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Toni on Lukaku....

When that irish accent came in, the look on both of their faces, hilarious. Seriously though, what he trying to get out of asking that question, both blagged their way through it, but im not having that either know who David Healey is😂

24 minutes ago, big blue said:

When that irish accent came in, the look on both of their faces, hilarious. Seriously though, what he trying to get out of asking that question, both blagged their way through it, but im not having that either know who David Healey is😂

True, completely flummoxed them 😂 

1 hour ago, big blue said:

That is just hilarious 

I’m a bit worried about this signing I have to admit, I’m just not sure Lukaku is the answer, but it’s not going to change anything now so I’ll back him as long as he wears the shirt.

As for people saying it wasn’t a panic buy, I don’t think it was a panic but he was most certainly second choice behind Haaland and that’s been stated by multiple Chelsea “ITK” sources, we don’t have a great record when it comes to signing our backup options.

I hope I’m wrong, I had massive hopes for him when he was with us before - then again, anything is better than having to watch us play this false 9 with Havertz as a striker, which I’m really not a fan of.

• Mod Stark changed the title to Romelu Lukaku back to Chelsea