Romelu Lukaku back to Chelsea - and gone again!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Guest Sindre

His agent was actually at the final on saturday. Posted a picture of the celebrations on Instagram as well as he's a Chelsea fan too.

25 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

Totally agree with this. Haaland is world class and will be like our Drogba for a long time if we play it right and if he wants to leave us we will make a huge profit off him. Lukaku is the same striker that he was in Man u. He just got to bully average Serie A defenders

Yea bro Haaland would be like a mix of Flo+Gudjohnsen which is not really Didier but give him a full season and he'll destroy everyone like Didier!

As Champions of Europe we shouldn't need to go back for our ex player like Lukaku, give something fresh and scary like Haaland that kid is a beast and he's hungry to celebrate a goal.

6 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Yea bro Haaland would be like a mix of Flo+Gudjohnsen which is not really Didier but give him a full season and he'll destroy everyone like Didier!

As Champions of Europe we shouldn't need to go back for our ex player like Lukaku, give something fresh and scary like Haaland that kid is a beast and he's hungry to celebrate a goal.

Totally agree bro, especially about the Flo+ Eidur comparison. He is a very technical player with room to grow especially strength wise. If we can get him at such a young age we will be able to develop him into whatever we want. I really pray we get him though. I say 150Million Euros gets him. 

Reports are that TT discussed transfers with Roman Sunday morning as well as his contract.

Has been written he wants only 3 signings and not an overhaul, fine tuning.

A striker being either Haaland or Lukaku, at 100mill. The latter wants to come, the former we are not sure if he does or Dortmund willing to sell.

A DM being either top target Rice at 100mill or the young player for France we have been linked with at a lot less.

Finally a player TT sees as another option to Reece surprisingly is Adama Tarore, at 50mill.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Reports are that TT discussed transfers with Roman Sunday morning as well as his contract.

Has been written he wants only 3 signings and not an overhaul, fine tuning.

A striker being either Haaland or Lukaku, at 100mill. The latter wants to come, the former we are not sure if he does or Dortmund willing to sell.

A DM being either top target Rice at 100mill or the young player for France we have been linked with at a lot less.

Finally a player TT sees as another option to Reece surprisingly is Adama Tarore, at 50mill.

£50m for Traore would be daylight robbery. He has been sh*t all season. He has no end product. I wouldnt want him, as i think between James, CHO, Azpi, and Livramento, we enough different qualities and depth for that right wing back slot. But if Tuchel wants him,  and thinks he can be a good signing, then he has earnt backing.

50 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

If a number of:

Jorginho, Alonso, Zouma, Ziyech, Pulisc go that should get us back 50-100 mil and lets recall at least £50m from CL tv money then net spend might be quite low like just £100m.

That is some loss, considering they cost £200m. Cant see Pulisic or Jorginho leaving at all. More chance of contract extensions imo.

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

If a number of:

Jorginho, Alonso, Zouma, Ziyech, Pulisc go that should get us back 50-100 mil and lets recall at least £50m from CL tv money then net spend might be quite low like just £100m.

We would get at least £50m for Pulisic alone but I doubt he’s going anywhere. £100m for the lot you listed would be very, very low.

Edited by mwblue10

10 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

We would get at least £50m for Pulisic alone but I doubt he’s going anywhere. £100m for the lot you listed would be very, very low.

For all of them yes.

Pulisic might now struggle to reach £50m he has had injuries and a poor season compared to last season. His value in the market would reflect that. 

Pretty sure this is the guy we'll get, feels like the right time compared to his first stint and he will be fired up to prove hes got the calibre to do it in the PL just likes he has done it in Serie A. 

Haaland will stay another year with Dortmund I reckon unless City go all out for him, but I do think Kane is on their radar. Kane for us is not realistic even if we would offer them £200m, its just not happening that Levy would sell his best player to us. Just remember the Modric saga before.

The idea of adding a 15/20 goal striker to this side is just making me want the season to start already, even though the Euros will be a joy to follow. 

Exciting transfer window ahead for sure! 

Honestly I'd rather we pay now Dortmund a higher fee than Haaland's release clause for next season and let him stay there for another season than getting Lukaku or Kane now and most likely ruining our chances to be in the running when that clause activates. 

Having Haaland for the next 4-5 years least is just too good of a option for us to miss, just like getting Hazard was back then. If that's what it takes to get him here, I'd do it and believe in our strikers and TT to get us through next season with reinforcements in other positions. 

I don't think Haaland will want to come here. Some reports were saying he only wants a "top top club", so basically Real or Barcelona I suspect is what they mean by that.

4 minutes ago, Zeta said:

I don't think Haaland will want to come here. Some reports were saying he only wants a "top top club", so basically Real or Barcelona I suspect is what they mean by that.

It does make it interesting though if the picture changes with Haaland having just won the CL.

3 minutes ago, Zeta said:

I remember reading that a couple of months ago, but perhaps that new little shiny toy we have changes his mind.... It's about time Real and Barcelona are viewed as the ultimate destination for a footballer. If any of them pay attention, they might notice the crumbling set-ups, the in-fighting.... I wouldn't want to go there. 

Lukaku is a far better finisher than Werner at this stage, although I'd think Werner should improve his finishing and stay onside a bit more next season, if he finish 1/3 of those big chances he missed this season, he'd get to 20-25 goals easily. Is Lukaku the kind of player for Tuchel, or is it another 'gift' from Roman? Dare to say Roman hasn't been the best judge of Strikers. Giroud couldn't get much game time ( despite his goals) because of lack of mobility and pressing, same could be said about Tammy. Luaku is a better player than both, but is he Tuchel's first choice, or second for that matter?

16 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Lukaku is a far better finisher than Werner at this stage, although I'd think Werner should improve his finishing and stay onside a bit more next season, if he finish 1/3 of those big chances he missed this season, he'd get to 20-25 goals easily. Is Lukaku the kind of player for Tuchel, or is it another 'gift' from Roman? Dare to say Roman hasn't been the best judge of Strikers. Giroud couldn't get much game time ( despite his goals) because of lack of mobility and pressing, same could be said about Tammy. Luaku is a better player than both, but is he Tuchel's first choice, or second for that matter?

I don’t think Roman picks the players (Torres the exception). I’m pretty sure the board picks a number of transfer targets etc. Having said that, Haaland could be a vanity signing by Roman.

18 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Lukaku would be extremely underwhelming. 

I remember how the majority were massively against signing him and were overjoyed that we got Morata instead. What makes Lukaku such a great choice today compared to back then? I don't see a player that has remarkably improved since going to Italy.

I wanted us to sign Lukaku over Morata. Honestly even back then it was no brainer. Lukaku will get you goals but he is not your classic target man like Giroud, his game is more about him getting goal rather than link up, etc.

I see a lot of people not wanting Lukaku yet they want Haaland. Haaland game quite is similar to Lukaku, he is a goal getter not a link up player. 

Edited by Bob stark

16 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

If a number of:

Selling player is not as easy as it sounds plus there is no money outside England

1 hour ago, Bob stark said:

I wanted us to sign Lukaku over Morata. Honestly even back then it was no brainer. Lukaku will get you goals but he is not your classic target man like Giroud, his game is more about him getting goal rather than link up, etc.

I see a lot of people not wanting Lukaku yet they want Haaland. Haaland game quite is similar to Lukaku, he is a goal getter not a link up player. 

Lukaku has got 11 assists this season in Serie A. He's quiet capable of linking up the play.

2 hours ago, Zeta said:

We are the top club right now, is he living under a stinky moss or something, what's he smoking can't believe how much he sucks, silly kiddo with no traditional values go suck a moose..

(I'm sorry please Håland come to Chels)

Cat Please GIF by Atinum

3 hours ago, Bob stark said:

The way I see it, it's more about wanting someone who will be able to lead the team offensively and be hungry as hell for years to come. They may even have similar games, but Haaland just represents a better deal at the prices mentioned, be it on the field or marketing wise. 

Like you said, Lukaku should've been here instead of Morata and then maybe we wouldn't have this conversation. Nowadays he's just "another" option. Not really a bad option per se, just not as exciting as getting Haaland or Mbappe. But if TT does prefer Lukaku, then by all means get the guy back to SB asap!