Romelu Lukaku back to Chelsea

I have no doubt he will be getting 20 goal plus. I really don't get when people says he has a ego. He just has a passion to win and score. I would rather that than have a player who is unfussed. I love the way he always complains when there is a goalscoring opportunity and he is waiting to receive the ball and does not get it, then he complains. His traditional, arms out as to say "why did you not pass". He is just hugely passionate and is drive to score and win will bring out the best in his team mates too. If anyone is worried about his work rate, today shows how complete of a player he is. He holds the ball well, goes out wide to receive the ball and runs at the defence. A traditional trademark of his to go to right hand flank and run with the ball at the defence. Hopefully his first of many to come.

Great first game and should have got a brace if not for Leno’s great save. He was involved in everything on our attack and he linked up well with the rest of the team. 

Prodigal son returns. I was against this signing due to the price tag and age however i am delighted for Lukaku as he is a chelsea fan too and will always give his best. We will have a top player for next 5 years the minimum. 

Left a boy, arrived a man.  Will bully defenses week in week out.  Teams will learn how to play him, but he's smart enough and we have enough other people running off the ball.  Drogba > Costa > Lukaku - prime CFs that lead the way for Chelsea.

Well played.  Keep it going - he'll raise the game of those around him.

7 hours ago, The Brit said:

Conte would have got Lukaku playing like this for us four years ago. The only disappointment as far as he’s concerned is that the move didn’t happen four years ago when he wanted it to. 

I just wonder what would have happened if we managed to get him in Conte's second season. He had a decent season at Man U that season and with Conte's coaching may have done better and we probably wouldn't have melted down the way we did, Morata would probably have ended up at Man  U which would have been a double win. Too bad it didn't happen

10 hours ago, coco said:

Next week VDV v Lukaku :droolsmiley:

Lukaku clearly is a different animal than the one who left the league. His first touch, hold up play and link up is so much better.

It does not get better, or rather more difficult, than facing VVD. Real ding dong fight that should be.

Though seeing Jota, Salah and Mane coming at our defence is going to be horrid too. They will be so much more punishing than wasteful Arsenal.

16 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Lukaku clearly is a different animal than the one who left the league. His first touch, hold up play and link up is so much better.

It does not get better, or rather more difficult, than facing VVD. Real ding dong fight that should be.

Though seeing Jota, Salah and Mane coming at our defence is going to be horrid too. They will be so much more punishing than wasteful Arsenal.

Will be really interesting to see him playing agajnst probably the strongest PL defender in VVD. If he can dominate VVD I would rather play Werner with him to exploit the space that TAA leaves behind.

2 hours ago, Jangz said:

Will be really interesting to see him playing agajnst probably the strongest PL defender in VVD. If he can dominate VVD I would rather play Werner with him to exploit the space that TAA leaves behind.

Giroud at Chelsea gave VVD a lot of problems on a few occassions. Will be interesting to see how he copes against Lukaku who, like Giroud, has a lot of upper body strength. 

VVD just came back from inury, long thing he wanted is an individual battle with Lukaku in beast mode. Like others said, Lukaku & Werner will be the attackers next weekend ( bar injury), be plenty of pace and muscle. I laughed how Tony Adams tried so hard to explain the logic to stop Lukaku, just don't get close to him, stand in front of him and expect to nip the ball off him..😁

Really feels exactly like the moment we signed Diego Costa. Back then he had not even put on his Chelsea shirt yet but still everybody knew he was going to be a machine, score, bully opponents, fight for the badge no matter what, you could see Costa fired up everytime he was on the pitch. I get the same feeling with big Rom, too, he looks like he is on a mission and won't stop scoring until he proves his doubters wrong. Truly is a different player from the one that left the PL a few years. Shoutout to Antonio Conte, might be a vulcanic personality but surely knows how to develop his players.

I understand  the media saying to hold horses as Lukaku had a great game vs Arsenal, but Lukaku has been consistently good season after season, wherever he's gone. Even at Utd he he got about 16 goals and that's at a poor Utd. 

15 hours ago, TheSage said:

I just wonder what would have happened if we managed to get him in Conte's second season. He had a decent season at Man U that season and with Conte's coaching may have done better and we probably wouldn't have melted down the way we did, Morata would probably have ended up at Man  U which would have been a double win. Too bad it didn't happen

Yeah a real sliding doors moment. It’s a hypothetical but I doubt we’d have gone four years without mounting a title bid if Lukaku has joined back then. One suspects Conte wouldn’t have been so miserable in his second season too. 

Thought it was pretty much the perfect number 9 performance, had the arsenal centre backs sh*tting themselves time and time again, his hold up and link up play has massively improved too, got full confidence he will go on to score tonnes of goals for us.