Romelu Lukaku back to Chelsea

Would love us to get two good results in the upcoming fixtures against Spurs and City, with Lukaku on the scoresheet in both matches. United fans were already a bad bunch, now with Ronaldo's arrival they have truly become unbearable, they are so salty in regards to Lukaku, the way they talk about him you would think he is the skinnier version of Akinfenwa.

1 hour ago, Vagabond said:

I have a feeling now that we have a competent striker the number of assist from midfield this season will normalize and certain people will stop moaning about the lack of Jorgi, Kantes and Kovas goal contributions.

We did pretty well without a 'competent' striker and lack of midfield goals, won the CL and owned La Liga's best. 

In simpleton theory if we take away a player who doesn't score loads, and replace with a player who does score loads, then surely we will win everything now.

Unfortunately, so far in the big six pointers, we are already down on last seasons achievements with just a draw away to Liverpool, after last season beating them with this line up.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/matches/match-day/2020/2128570?pageTab=lineups

1 minute ago, coco said:

We did pretty well without a 'competent' striker and lack of midfield goals, won the CL and owned La Liga's best. 

In simpleton theory if we take away a player who doesn't score loads, and replace with a player who does score loads, then surely we will win everything now.

Unfortunately, so far in the big six pointers, we are already down on last seasons achievements with just a draw away to Liverpool, after last season beating them with this line up.

The thing is, we got a red card against Liverpool in our first PL match against them in two seasons in a row. In that sense, last season we got a red card and lost the match but this season we got a red card but played a draw.

8 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

The thing is, we got a red card against Liverpool in our first PL match against them in two seasons in a row. In that sense, last season we got a red card and lost the match but this season we got a red card but played a draw.

But that was the home game, lets wait and compare this seasons home game against them to last seasons. But going on the away fixture comparison we are down on last season, no two ways ...

3 hours ago, petre ispirescu said:

Would love us to get two good results in the upcoming fixtures against Spurs and City, with Lukaku on the scoresheet in both matches. United fans were already a bad bunch, now with Ronaldo's arrival they have truly become unbearable, they are so salty in regards to Lukaku, the way they talk about him you would think he is the skinnier version of Akinfenwa.

We are going to need to do that, and won almost all our games between now and Jan, to try and build up a cushion for all the points we drop without Mendy, if we want to challange for the title.

2 hours ago, coco said:

But that was the home game, lets wait and compare this seasons home game against them to last seasons. But going on the away fixture comparison we are down on last season, no two ways ...

I'm just putting the emphasis on the red card and not on the home/away that's all.

2 hours ago, coco said:

I like simpleton theories. 🙃

Imo us and City are favourites to win the league now, but you cant really plan for a CL. With the addition of Donnarumma and Messi PSGs lineup went from overkill to insane this season. But they still won't win it.

49 minutes ago, Vagabond said:

I like simpleton theories. 🙃

Imo us and City are favourites to win the league now, but you cant really plan for a CL. With the addition of Donnarumma and Messi PSGs lineup went from overkill to insane this season. But they still won't win it.

We may be but I have a sneaky feeling certain things will fix it up that United and pool are top 2.

Love his goals and love his attitude.

There were doubts about the latter before he came here but he's been exemplary in every way. Applauds his teammates even if they don't pass to him in great positions or misplace a pass towards him and he's basically cemented himself as our talisman in just three games. 

5 hours ago, Sindre said:

Love his goals and love his attitude.

There were doubts about the latter before he came here but he's been exemplary in every way. Applauds his teammates even if they don't pass to him in great positions or misplace a pass towards him and he's basically cemented himself as our talisman in just three games. 

Lot will rest on him and his goals and link up play when we have to go full Kevin Keegan mode with Kepa in goal.

22 hours ago, coco said:

Surely you have apply context. Different liverpool side in different form. Down to 10 men, kante off injured. Full crowd etc.

We are 5 points up on rest of the fixtures, but i dont think it really means much. 3 points are 3 points at the end of the day. 

10 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Lot will rest on him and his goals and link up play when we have to go full Kevin Keegan mode with Kepa in goal.

Maybe I have a short memory, but now our defence has shored up, the midfield seems solid and we finally have a confident striker, I'm not too concerned about Kepa standing in for Mendy during AFCON. Yes, Mendy will be missed but Kepa is fresh off a wave of confidence from winning the UEFA cup. It feels entirely different to man in goal under Lampard's first season.

Mendy is still obviously number 1.

29 minutes ago, big blue said:
22 hours ago, coco said:

Surely you have apply context. Different liverpool side in different form. Down to 10 men, kante off injured. Full crowd etc.

We are 5 points up on rest of the fixtures, but i dont think it really means much. 3 points are 3 points at the end of the day. 

Let alone Liverpool were on a run of terrible form back then! Think they had lost 2-3 at Anfield on the trot.

33 minutes ago, Shweaves said:

Let alone Liverpool were on a run of terrible form back then! Think they had lost 2-3 at Anfield on the trot.

They ended losing 6 on the spin at home in that run. Brighton and Burnley also won there. We did well to get the 3 points, but the side we faced this season were in a much better place. 

1 hour ago, big blue said:

I'm willing to wait until May to compare this season to last season, but my point is that even if Romelu scores 30 goals and gets the golden boot, it will mean nothing if we finish way off the top 2, and fail to win anything, especially after last seasons heroics with no recognised striker (that Tuchel fancied). We need Romelu to inflict damage on our rivals in the six pointers, scoring 30 against the bottom 14 clubs in the table is great, but means nothing if we don't beat the top teams like we were doing last season. Time will tel..

5 hours ago, Shweaves said:

Maybe I have a short memory, but now our defence has shored up, the midfield seems solid and we finally have a confident striker, I'm not too concerned about Kepa standing in for Mendy during AFCON. Yes, Mendy will be missed but Kepa is fresh off a wave of confidence from winning the UEFA cup. It feels entirely different to man in goal under Lampard's first season.

Depends. If kepa is in goal against Ville we are 1-3 down at the break imo.

Edited by axman2526

12 hours ago, coco said:

I'm willing to wait until May to compare this season to last season, but my point is that even if Romelu scores 30 goals and gets the golden boot, it will mean nothing if we finish way off the top 2, and fail to win anything, especially after last seasons heroics with no recognised striker (that Tuchel fancied). We need Romelu to inflict damage on our rivals in the six pointers, scoring 30 against the bottom 14 clubs in the table is great, but means nothing if we don't beat the top teams like we were doing last season. Time will tel..

As long as he keeps scoring it's good for us but I don't want him to be our Kane without any titles, even so the question is how much can he keep doing it, I mean he's playing in every match and scoring in most so far. That won't last forever. We don't concede goals but we look like a team that wins on individual quality right now.

14 hours ago, Shweaves said:

Our defense looks good because we have mendy as our gk. Everytime Mendy catch crosses, kepa won't, everytime mendy make routine long shot save, kepa won't. 

On 13/09/2021 at 19:49, coco said:

We won last year against pool  who played kabak n half fit Fabinho as their cb in empty anfield 

I wonder when Werner will get a full game playing off him, he brings more to the table than Ziyech, and Rom will have even more space to operate in, don’t want to see him as that Big no9, he’s bette than that, and as an aside, why do we still hesitate to cross when we can, make them defend the box, and we can get more chances, than a million little triangles to nowheresville!!