Romelu Lukaku back to Chelsea - and gone again!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Could you hand on heart though think this guy might get us 20 goals to win us the premier league?.

I think without buying a striker we would off been in another battle to get top four.

Speaking strictly for this season I don't know, but long term I think he will develop into a player with those type of numbers, possibly more, if we commit to him in a Firmino type of role.

Football at the very top is becoming more and more an era for the all round centre forward, it was one of many reasons I was against resigning Rom, those type of strikers are plan B's these days.

1 hour ago, coco said:

Last season City won the league and Gundogan top scored with 13. We have plenty of goal scorers (14?) who will contribute towards our goal tally. It's not like Romelu was guaranteed 20 goals this season the way it was going before the injury. 

Thats a fair point, although im still not sure those around Lukaku would even get 13 goals the way the season is going.

9 hours ago, coco said:

Last season City won the league and Gundogan top scored with 13. We have plenty of goal scorers (14?) who will contribute towards our goal tally. It's not like Romelu was guaranteed 20 goals this season the way it was going before the injury. 

Yet pep wanted to sign kane 

2 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

A real shame, this is the week he's going to break his scoring drought, and now we wait.. That was a savage tackle to get him injured, you can't prevent incident like that

And some claimed that turnip of a ref had a good game lol.

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

And some claimed that turnip of a ref had a good game lol.

Yes, our expectation on referee is pretty low after a series of events in the last decade. Pretty sure the foul on Jorginho earlier was a penalty, referee ignored it and VAR let it slide as usual. In a parallel universe, if the first incident was given, the second probably never would have happened.

10 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Yet pep wanted to sign kane 

Yep, the one forward (sort of) avaliable that had the general play to play in his system.

As soon as that went off the table he went for Grealish and stuck to the false 9 system as opposed to getting an out and out number 9.

55 minutes ago, Argo said:

Yep, the one forward (sort of) avaliable that had the general play to play in his system.

As soon as that went off the table he went for Grealish and stuck to the false 9 system as opposed to getting an out and out number 9.

Of course, pep want a specific type of cf. If that player is not available why sign some random cf

1 hour ago, Bob stark said:

Pep must really like ench warmer, 150m is very2 expensive for a bench warmer 

I was obviously joking, but the point still stands, you don't need a 20 goal striker to win the league.

4 hours ago, coco said:

I was obviously joking, but the point still stands, you don't need a 20 goal striker to win the league.

I would also darre to say that as well as the 20 goal striker one also needs a 15-20 goal box to box midfielder to win the league (speaking from experience I might add)

1 hour ago, General said:

I would also darre to say that as well as the 20 goal striker one also needs a 15-20 goal box to box midfielder to win the league (speaking from experience I might add)

No you don't need big scorers to win the league. City had 15 goal scorers last season (last column in the image) and only two players in double figures. top scorer 13 goals.

Kane has been consistently banging in 20+ and Spuds never win anything.

Capture.JPG

On 22/10/2021 at 21:21, coco said:

No you don't need big scorers to win the league. City had 15 goal scorers last season (last column in the image) and only two players in double figures. top scorer 13 goals.

Kane has been consistently banging in 20+ and Spuds never win anything.

Capture.JPG

There is this big point that you make I think, small clubs often have a big scorer that carries them. Shearer, Vardy, Kane, Henry... But then don't really win titles maybe an odd shiny thing here or there...

Channing Tatum GIF by National Geographic Channel

3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

There is this big point that you make I think, small clubs often have a big scorer that carries them. Shearer, Vardy, Kane, Henry... But then don't really win titles maybe an odd shiny thing here or there...

Look at the betting on skysports, city odds on favourites to win the title, and yet not one of their players make the top 8 in the betting for top scorer. Having a 20+ box-to-box scorer and 20+ striker does not = guaranteed silverware anymore. But having 15+ goal scorers in your squad is looking to be the new way to do things.

4 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Channing Tatum GIF by National Geographic Channel

This is awful post

You basically mock your own club. You basically say Chelsea is a small club because we had big scorer such  Costa, Drogba and Lamp to carry us. 

40 minutes ago, coco said:

Look at the betting on skysports, city odds on favourites to win the title, and yet not one of their players make the top 8 in the betting for top scorer. Having a 20+ box-to-box scorer and 20+ striker does not = guaranteed silverware anymore. But having 15+ goal scorers in your squad is looking to be the new way to do things.

Either that or city has by far the best squad in the league. 

6 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Either that or city has by far the best squad in the league. 

We currently have 17 players who have already scored this season, if Barkley had of scored his chance yesterday that would be 18 goal scorers.

City currently have 15 players score this season.

Liverpool 10.

Utd 9.

Spuds 6.

9 minutes ago, coco said:

We currently have 17 players who have already scored this season, if Barkley had of scored his chance yesterday that would be 18 goal scorers.

City currently have 15 players score this season.

Liverpool 10.

Utd 9.

Spuds 6.

I'm hoping all of our outfield players get on the score sheet this season :-) 

Only 6 yet to score:  Azpilicueta, Sarr, Saul, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, and Baker. Probably a bit unfair to include Baker, as I doubt he'll get any playing time, albeit he was given a squad number ... 

I'd think it is only a matter of time until RLC, Dave and Barkley get on the score sheet.