Good tweet that puts things in perspective. Chelsea is truly a member of Europe's elite now.

18 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I thought Utd have won top European honours three times, us twice.

So a way to go yet for me, yet doing well.

One more and we eclipse, Clough's Forest. ::HeAdS:::

Wouldn't Major European trophies cover the Cup Winners Cup and Uefa Cup as well, which would give us 5 European wins

7 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I agree the Cup Winners Cup is worth more than the current Europa yet not counted as the top trophy by those that count such cups, rightly or wrongly.

Definitely, even though the Europa absorbed the CWC, at the time they were seperate to the UEFA Cup which was definitively a second tier trophy. Nowadays you win a domestic cup and finish top 4 and the Europa becomes of less worth immediately.

I've loved out Europa wins though, to start the 12-13 season with 7 trophies on offer and lose them all but finally win the Europa felt good.
Then of course the next one was about beating Arsenal and denying them their first European trophy and their CL qualification.

3 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I agree the Cup Winners Cup is worth more than the current Europa yet not counted as the top trophy by those that count such cups, rightly or wrongly.

We have 7 European trophies, counting everything including the Cup Winners' Cup and the UEFA Cup/Europa League. United has 6. 

In addition to just trophies i think brand also matters(from statista below) - combining brand and trophies we should be in the top 6 - i think RM and Barca are still top draw- then i would go for Pool/United Barca and Us.  i think we are bigger now than saw an AC Milan or Juve in terms of our ability to draw fans and players.. But i think Klopp has meant a resurgence for Pool while City would be just behind us.

image.thumb.png.c37c9173b489f8703efb900f8f8faecf.png 

13th club to win the European Cup/Champions League on two or more occasions.

Since 2012, only three clubs have won the Champions League on two or more occasions (Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Chelsea).

2 hours ago, Jangz said:

In addition to just trophies i think brand also matters(from statista below) - combining brand and trophies we should be in the top 6 - i think RM and Barca are still top draw- then i would go for Pool/United Barca and Us.  i think we are bigger now than saw an AC Milan or Juve in terms of our ability to draw fans and players.. But i think Klopp has meant a resurgence for Pool while City would be just behind us.

image.thumb.png.c37c9173b489f8703efb900f8f8faecf.png 

Two things on that,

Firstly City above Bayern Munich seems strange, do the Arabic supporters buy that many shirts?

Spurs above Arsenal much as I like neither just don't see Spurs being bigger or more successful than Arsenal.

Would be interesting to know their rating formulas.

An equally interesting exercise I saw recently (can't find it now) looked at the most successful clubs since the formation of the Premier League and accorded points to each trophy.

It was something like this:

6 points - Premier League Title or UEFA Champions League Winner

4 points - FA Cup winner or Europa Cup winner

3 points - League Cup

2 points -  Qualification for Champions League

1 point - Charity Shield or Super Cup 

Using this formula they came out with Man City on top and we were second.

This season that would not change as we both won top honours.

1 hour ago, Jezz said:

13th club to win the European Cup/Champions League on two or more occasions.

Since 2012, only three clubs have won the Champions League on two or more occasions (Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Chelsea).

Aren't we the only team to win all the top European trophies (CL, UEFA/Europa League, ECWC) twice?

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

An equally interesting exercise I saw recently (can't find it now) looked at the most successful clubs since the formation of the Premier League and accorded points to each trophy.

It was something like this:

6 points - Premier League Title or UEFA Champions League Winner

4 points - FA Cup winner or Europa Cup winner

3 points - League Cup

2 points -  Qualification for Champions League

1 point - Charity Shield or Super Cup 

Using this formula they came out with Man City on top and we were second.

This season that would not change as we both won top honours.

I've always preferred the points rule from the MNF show on Sky Sports with Carragher and Neville when they were talking about the greatest English teams last year.

1645117134_ScreenShot2021-05-31at9_34_08pm.thumb.png.380e3d5d119f513fba04bcd52482b01e.png

We are prestige, arguably the best defence now of all time in both the Prem and UCL. No team has conceded less than us in the two biggest competitions as far as we are concerned. Let alone the fact we were the first team to go unbeaten all the way through our Europa league campaign and the only team to ever compete and win it everytime (2/2). There's levels to this and we are up there.

What does this tell us? To stop with this Barcelona obsession even though with Tuchel we have a coach that allows us to play both Chelsea DNA, with continental style. We are by virtue a hard working team that is defensively sound. There's no need to focus on trippy tappy football when you can out work your opponents.

The reason we are the best team in the world is because of exactly what it says on the tin 'we are the best team'. Physically we out perform our opponents, tactically we outperform our opponents, from a chance creation pov we outperform our opponents and defensively we outperform our opponents.

Screenshot_20210531-000832_Chrome.jpg

I would be surprised if this wasn’t posted elsewhere, it’s the amount she got for our ex players which is so important. I wonder if we will sell big to buy big this summer ? 
we are truly among the elite now after all 

9 hours ago, Jezz said:

I've always preferred the points rule from the MNF show on Sky Sports with Carragher and Neville when they were talking about the greatest English teams last year.

1645117134_ScreenShot2021-05-31at9_34_08pm.thumb.png.380e3d5d119f513fba04bcd52482b01e.png

I find it bizarre that a CL and League win are not the same score.

Both are difficult, IMO.

Like recognition of the run-ups.

7 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I find it bizarre that a CL and League win are not the same score.

Both are difficult, IMO.

Like recognition of the run-ups.

It does make sense to me. 

In the Premier League you are competing only with the best teams of 1 competition. 

In the CL you are competing with the elite of that same compeition plus the other elite teams from all over europe. 

I reckon that is much thougher. plus 1 mistake is enough not to win it, while in the prem you stil have a chance after a few lesser games. 

10 hours ago, Night-T said:

It does make sense to me. 

In the Premier League you are competing only with the best teams of 1 competition. 

In the CL you are competing with the elite of that same compeition plus the other elite teams from all over europe. 

I reckon that is much thougher. plus 1 mistake is enough not to win it, while in the prem you stil have a chance after a few lesser games. 

I would consider the Champion's league title more meaningful than winning your top domestic league.  

Germany, France, Spain, Italy and England will all have big clubs winning their respective domestic leagues.  Plus a host of smaller nations.

Only one team every season comes out winning the Champion's league.  

And given that Man City already has a domestic league win under their belt, you can bet that if they had the choice they would trade their EPL title for the Champion's league win.