Achraf Hakimi

mwblue10

The Athletic is reporting our interest in Hakimi. It was previously reported that PSG had agreed to terms with him, however, if we could get him I would love to see him in Tuchel’s side. Can play RWB or further up the pitch if we move to a back 4.

11 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

The Athletic is reporting our interest in Hakimi. It was previously reported that PSG had agreed to terms with him, however, if we could get him I would love to see him in Tuchel’s side. Can play RWB or further up the pitch if we move to a back 4.

I'm crossing fingers for that to happen. I'd like to see James more often in the RCB role and be the RWB back-up for Hakimi. He's supposed to be awfully expensive though.

38 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

He's a top player, but we got James, Dave, CHO on that position.

Don’t think CHO should be playing that position long term, and sadly Dave hasn’t got that many years left in him. 

Hakimi is the perfect wing back but Inter want 80m! That’s absolutely ridiculous. He’s good but not 80m good.

Posted (edited)

Yep, it's highly unlikely. I agree with both of you actually. I personally think CHO will transfer out, be it on loan or not - James should be a certified starter by now as should Azpi but both needs rests and mid-termish Azpi will be phased out and while we have Christensen, Thiago will be injured more often than not as well so there are a lot of variables. James being still young can't be expected to keep this stunning form forever, although he sure seems like it. Hakimi seems over the top but he would bring pure quality. Him, that younf French midfield player from Monaco and a striker and we could run rampage in all sorts of formations and combos.

Pipedream but  a nice one.

Edited by weetee

47 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Don’t think CHO should be playing that position long term, and sadly Dave hasn’t got that many years left in him. 

Hakimi is the perfect wing back but Inter want 80m! That’s absolutely ridiculous. He’s good but not 80m good.

They want to win money on him and he's only 22 years old. It's up to Marina to do her thing if we're really into him.

I really like him and think he would fit in well. Maybe the big choice is to decide if we use Azpi as squad player and use CHO further forward. I'd almost be tempted to say to Dortmund.. listen sell us Haaland and when Sancho leaves you, we will loan you CHO for a season/2 seasons. However, i wouldn't sell CHO. OR we sell them Abraham?

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

80m is crazy, that is over double the price inter bought him for in the summer. In any case James/Azp/"Odoi" will cover that position atleast until next season. 

I'm more worried about our left side, both Emerson and Alonso are not good enough backups for Chillwell. I suggest we have a good look at Theo Hernandez (Milan) ,for half the price (40m-50m)., just as quick as Hakimi and better passing, dribbling and in defence,

Would be a good option as competition to both James and Chilwell. Biggest problem is the price. 

Honestly if we want to spend 80mill on a defensive player I would prefer it go on Declan Rice.

The fact he can play left and right to a great standard is very appealing, much more so than Traore. Wouldnt want to see James or Chilwell get benched though, but I suppose there is the option to see James move into that right centre back role, which i actually think he did pretty well there, although i think it takes a bit out of his game. If James can still get into crossing positions, in the sane way azpi did under Conte, then long term, he could definitely play there. 

All this talk about right wing backs though makes me think it would be easier to buy back Lamptey. He is better than Traore for me. 

21 minutes ago, big blue said:

The fact he can play left and right to a great standard is very appealing, much more so than Traore. Wouldnt want to see James or Chilwell get benched though, but I suppose there is the option to see James move into that right centre back role, which i actually think he did pretty well there, although i think it takes a bit out of his game. If James can still get into crossing positions, in the sane way azpi did under Conte, then long term, he could definitely play there. 

All this talk about right wing backs though makes me think it would be easier to buy back Lamptey. He is better than Traore for me. 

Hakimi and Reece James both bombing forward on the right would be a nightmare for defences

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Drogba1 said:

Hakimi and Reece James both bombing forward on the right would be a nightmare for defences

No disrespect to Azpi but imagine a combo of Chilwell/Rüdiger on the left and James/Hakimi  on the right. Always pushing both physical and pacey. Beautiful!

edit: Hakimi ain't no James defensively though 😄

Edited by weetee

Can someone explain why we would want to spend 50m Euro when we have one of England's best young right backs and the club captain already fit for this role?

For those saying he can play left back too, he is not two footed. He was mainly used there by Dortmund when they had injuries and had noone else.

He's done well for Conte but let's spend our cash where we need it perhaps at striker and central midfield?

6 hours ago, PraetorianGuard said:

Hakimi can play both the left and right side...we would be crazy to pass up on him...we just won our second CL title...now is the time to sign elite players.

Is Hakimi really an elite player though? Personally I don’t think he’s any better than Reece James.

I find it abit strange how he’s suddenly become one of the best. Must have had a very good season.

2 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Is Hakimi really an elite player though? Personally I don’t think he’s any better than Reece James.

I find it abit strange how he’s suddenly become one of the best. Must have had a very good season.

He's been considered one of the best wingbacks available since he was at Dortmund...

I started a thread here about Hakimi when he was at Dortmund. Excellent player. But  in my view Cho could do the job just as well.  What’s the problem with cho as wing back, not strong enough?

2 minutes ago, ozboy said:

I started a thread here about Hakimi when he was at Dortmund. Excellent player. But  in my view Cho could do the job just as well.  What’s the problem with cho as wing back, not strong enough?

CHO should be trained as a winger/forward. We don't need to shoehorn him into becoming another Moses.

Posted (edited)

I'd take Hakimi to share the burden with Reece. We have a crazy amount of games next season with the Euros and World Cup coming up in 18 months.

Hakimi adds even more pace to the wingback position.

He's also Moroccan so there's the Afcon. Plenty of game time for both Reece and him to share

Edited by Deino

4 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

2 very good seasons. Probably top 3 WB on the planet

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Gol15 said:

He's a top player, but we got James, Dave, CHO on that position.

Maybe TT and Southgate has similar views on the fact that you can never have too many RBs

Also is surname is very close to another players first name. Hopefully this wont lead to any confusion in the dressing room when TT is giving his final instructions. "Hakimi I want you to stay back today, dont venture forward too much" and zieych gets all confused and stands in the centre circle the entire game.

Edited by Malta Blue

11 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

Maybe TT and Southgate has similar views on the fact that you can never have too many RBs

Also is surname is very close to another players first name. Hopefully this wont lead to any confusion in the dressing room when TT is giving his final instructions. "Hakimi I want you to stay back today, dont venture forward too much" and zieych gets all confused and stands in the centre circle the entire game.

If we sign him we must organize a duel between him and Hakim, this town ain't big enough for the both of 'em!

Show Down Clint Eastwood GIF

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

If we sign him we must organize a duel between him and Hakim, this town ain't big enough for the both of 'em!

Show Down Clint Eastwood GIF

Knowing our luck the wrong one would win.

Knowing us is doesn't matter who would win, it would be the wrong one just so we have something to moan about

26 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

Knowing our luck the wrong one would win.

Knowing us is doesn't matter who would win, it would be the wrong one just so we have something to moan about

Or both get ruined and we get nothing out of it :laugh2: