Euro 2020 (played in 2021)

Can someone explain how Chilwell wins the Champions League (including playing a role in the winning goal) and somehow we end up with a right back playing left back instead and he doesn't even make the bench?

Almost like Southgate wants to crash out in the Round of 16 and get sacked.

1 hour ago, Spiller86 said:

Can someone explain how Chilwell wins the Champions League (including playing a role in the winning goal) and somehow we end up with a right back playing left back instead and he doesn't even make the bench?

Almost like Southgate wants to crash out in the Round of 16 and get sacked.

I’m mystified too. And not that I agree he’s ahead, I’d rather shaw play than a right back. We were so unbalanced. Trippier did nothing going forward and think it negatively affected Mount who is used to looking for Chilwell there.

like I said earlier, I’m happy we won, but Southgate thought that was a top performance and that worries me. It wasn’t.

2 hours ago, The Brit said:

I’m mystified too. And not that I agree he’s ahead, I’d rather shaw play than a right back. We were so unbalanced. Trippier did nothing going forward and think it negatively affected Mount who is used to looking for Chilwell there.

like I said earlier, I’m happy we won, but Southgate thought that was a top performance and that worries me. It wasn’t.

All a bit bizarre. Sancho not even in the squad too? 

I'm happy we won the game, but now Southgate is going to think his plan worked perfectly and I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps the same team going forward. 

We were far from great, and it was against a very average Croatia side that looked past their peak. We just looked disjointed.

Edited by Scott Harris

On 13/06/2021 at 11:31, Strider6003 said:

Aha yes not so boring in the 18th C, think perhaps it was the Napoleon YouTube clips though I didn't think you were French.

I have just remember this chap @Krc-fan perhaps I got the two of you mixed up.

Probably, Strider6003.

1 minute ago, Krc-fan said:

Flemish and French. Both.

That could be confusing, imagine you are bi-lingual and singing in French then the chap next to you sings much louder in Flemish, you might get your words mixed up.

What strikes me about these competitions is you get the chance to see other international players in a competition that means something and so get to see other potential targets. Also some of your own players, playing a different role which means give theri current manager some options.

On another note, good to see the goals in Netherlands vs Ukraine match, the pick for me was the first Ukrainian goal with the shot from about 30 yards or so.

33 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

That could be confusing, imagine you are bi-lingual and singing in French then the chap next to you sings much louder in Flemish, you might get your words mixed up.

We have a Flemish part and we have a Frech part, my good friend.

12 hours ago, The Brit said:

There was no width down the left at all, all three of Trippier, Sterling and Mount more often then not go inside onto their stronger foot. 

Hopefully was just a one of from Southgate because when you've got Shaw and Chilwell who are both coming off the back of good seasons it makes no sense to me to limit yourself that way. 

One nil down at half time. I think that Scotland is lacking some quality in the midfield, with McTominay and McGinn there's really no attacking creativity there. Most of the danger is so far coming from the left side with Robertson.

Just now, RMH said:

What a second goal by the Czech Republic from the halfway line and just as Scotland was getting more chances.

Great finish, but if the keeper runs back in a straight run to his goal instead of a curve whilst looking backward ball watching, he would of easily saved it.

Is anyone else annoyed about how often corner kicks are allowed to be taken outside the quadrant these days.  In the overall scheme of things it's a minor thing but whats the point of the corner flag markings if they are just being ignored ?

16 minutes ago, coco said:

Great finish, but if the keeper runs back in a straight run to his goal instead of a curve whilst looking backward ball watching, he would of easily saved it.

Agree, he shouldn't have been looking at the ball while getting back, that takes speed and direction from your run. 

14 minutes ago, WeatherMan said:

Normally I wouldn't be rooting for Scotland but Stevie Clarke and Billy Gilmour persuaded me to break the habit of a lifetime this afternoon.  I hope Billy gets some gametime.

I think they are crying out for some creativity. They have resorted to crosses from the flanks and given up trying to get through the middle. Still, Scotland should have scored at least one, they've had very good chances and have been very close to score.

3 minutes ago, RMH said:

Agree, he shouldn't have been looking at the ball while getting back, that takes speed and direction from your run. 

Thing is though if he didn't look at the  flight of the ball how would he know which direction to run in  ?  2 more subs and still no Gilmour

Watched a bit of it and just checked the stats, Scotland better or equal on all stats except shots on target.

Thought they looked a little better when Che Adams came on.

McGinn post match said something lke

'A lot of people are saying we played well and that is fair enough yet we need to be more clinical, we had chances and we did not make the most of them.

At this level you have to do that.'

2 hours ago, WeatherMan said:

Normally I wouldn't be rooting for Scotland but Stevie Clarke and Billy Gilmour persuaded me to break the habit of a lifetime this afternoon.  I hope Billy gets some gametime.

I’m the opposite there’s lots of good lads from Scotland, a few on this forum, and I know Matty Ritchie (I think he’s still out injured) from back home. I didn’t know you could be born and raised on the south coast of England and be Scottish but he’s done it!

I hope this whole everyone hates the English and the English hate everyone bollocks dies out soon. Can’t we all just get along?

3 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

I’m the opposite there’s lots of good lads from Scotland, a few on this forum, and I know Matty Ritchie (I think he’s still out injured) from back home. I didn’t know you could be born and raised on the south coast of England and be Scottish but he’s done it!

I hope this whole everyone hates the English and the English hate everyone bollocks dies out soon. Can’t we all just get along?

I'm with you on that  100%  Munks.....