Euro 2020 (played in 2021)

Not a fan of this 3-4-3 at all. Kimmich has probably been the best midfielder on the planet in the last 2 season, but playing as a WB. Gundogan will be better slightly forward in a mid-3 but stuck in a 2. Gnabry would also have been better out wide exploiting France’s FB.

The difference is basically having Mbappe in attack and Kante for everything else. Mbappe deserved a penalty that wasn't given, he's an absolute monster of an attacker.

I see no point in having Sane and Werner when you're only going to put up crosses, not your typical tall target men...

Germany might have had a chance against this low intensity France, with the right formation and players in the right positions. I don't think it was a good move to use Kimmich as a wingback or Gnabry as a striker though. 

1 minute ago, comtrend said:

Germany might have had a chance against this low intensity France, with the right formation and players in the right positions. I don't think it was a good move to use Kimmich as a wingback or Gnabry as a striker though. 

👏.. just go back to a back 4. They will do some damage with a mid 3 of Kimmich-Groetzka-Gundogan. 

Just now, reparto corse said:

Is there no VAR in the Euro 2020? How is it possible Mbappe didn't get a penalty after that Hummels challenge? I just rewatched it and he clearly hit his foot twice before playing the ball. What was that???

Var probably said no penalty due to imaginary lines :laugh2:

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Comfortably the best squad and team in the competition. 

No obvious weakness in the team, just going to come down to if they get complacent or not. 

One weakness and some might think Spurs are letting everyone down again, as it's their player Hugo. Though he does have a good defence in front of him.

I thought Kai going froward was good for the Germans his passes normally reaching their man though the Germans were poor in the final third.

ITV showed a couple of replays of Rudiger on Pogba, questioning if this was a Suarez come Hannibal Lecter moment though eventually being less than sure and just confused.

Germany overhit every cross and set piece, they were really poor. France were very comfortable. They look so strong in every area. They can attack comfortably, soak up pressure because they are defensively so strong and they have a ton of energy, and they are lightning quick on the counter. It will take something special to stop them winning this competition.

1 hour ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Very soft yellow card for Kimmich 

Seen a lot of them so far in the tournament. Most of the bookings haven't looked like bookings to me.

58 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

It was just a nibble but I wouldn't be surprised if he got a FIFA ban like Suarez did, on technicality and precedence

I don't even think it was a nibble, he just put his mouth on him. Weird, but all a bit or nothing really.

21 minutes ago, just said:

Kante is unfarkingbelievable. You can make a very, very strong argument that he is currently the best player in the world. A staggering footballer and what a footballing brain!

When I watch him as a neutral, I feel relieved knowing he is our player. I would absolutely hate watching us playing against him, he would piss me off because he's so good at just cancelling out any attack and restarting one for his own team. I actually think he has gone up another level recently, he actually looks so much more comfortable on the ball of late. He doesn't look rushed, he looks so calm.

5 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Var probably said no penalty due to imaginary lines :laugh2:

I don't think it was even checked tbh. At least that's what it seemed like from my stream. The referee was generally horrific. It started with the yellow card for Kimmich in the 6th minute which was the first ??? moment. 

3 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

One weakness and some might think Spurs are letting everyone down again, as it's their player Hugo. Though he does have a good defence in front of him.

I thought Kai going froward was good for the Germans his passes normally reaching their man though the Germans were poor in the final third.

ITV showed a couple of replays of Rudiger on Pogba, questioning if this was a Suarez come Hannibal Lecter moment though eventually being less than sure and just confused.

I thought they made a mistake taking Havertz off. I don't think he was doing anything exceptional, but he was moving into dangerous areas well and was noticing small gaps to play passes into. They looked much worse when they took him off.

21 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I thought they made a mistake taking Havertz off. I don't think he was doing anything exceptional, but he was moving into dangerous areas well and was noticing small gaps to play passes into. They looked much worse when they took him off.

Yep, he was doing better in the second half. I would have taken Muller off instead.

Didier Deschamps lucked out getting the best crop of France XI since Zidane's era.

If Rabiot and Pogba were more hardworking, they might win the tournament

17 minutes ago, Deino said:

I'd argue Pogba plays his best with Kante beside him

He needs great midfielders around him to really be at his best like at Juve or France right now but ManU are surronding him with the likes of Fred, Herrera, Matic and Mctominay.

2 hours ago, Deino said:

I thought it was a kiss. What's up with that though?

It was a bite and because of it Pogba was in offside and then he came to the assistant ref and complained a lot right before the end of the first half...

Rudiger-Pogba-1450324.jpg?r=162378949843

E385lMgWYAU2dX_?format=jpg&name=large

E385lujWUAs5rRZ?format=jpg&name=small

9 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Think we have blue-tinted specs when it comes to our players in the Euros. Was the worst player on the pitch, if he put in such a performance for us we would have wanted him hauled off at half time. Could be a formation thing, only positive is bar Kante he covered the most distance on the pitch. 

18ED5CC5-611F-450C-A8F4-F852CD7F285D.png