Euro 2020 (played in 2021)

7 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Did you guys know that Jordan Pickford's grand dad is called Pigford but Jordan's dad change it to Pickford because he was tired of being called Piggy? You learn everyday...

I rate that, saved him from years of bullying. His life would've been very different otherwise

A tricky opponent, difficult to criticise when you win the group.

Wasn't keen on Grealish starting though for me he played well in the first, got the assist for the goal and rarely gave away possession.

Also near the end Grealish was closing down better than Kane.

Saka was also important in breaking the lines for the goal and looked comfortable out there.

Kane not involved that much and again had a chance you would have expected him to score yet it was a tame effort.

Thought we looked better with both Maguire and Walker starting tonight.

Sterling was unlucky with his first effort and got the crucial goal.

No other football team in this world resembles Manchester United as much as England NT does. They are both slow, dull, boring as f**k, Southgate and Ole GS are clueless and sooooo out of their depth it is unbelievable these two bang average guys get to manage such massive football institutions.

No matter who they get to play next, France or Germany, they are out. It's the third match at the Euros, all of them played at Wembley and Southgate is still chopping and changing the line up like it's qualifying matches v Greece and Iceland. Meanwhile France, Germany, Italy, Spain etc. barely make any changes and you could name their starting lineup one week before the game.

It's a shame because England have some cracking attackers, but a buffoon as a manager who does not even know his best lineup three games into this tournament. This Euros could last for another 10 months, no team with Rice, Henderson and Phillips as midfielders will ever win any trophy.

19 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

England will most likely play Germany now. Maybe against the top teams this squad plays the best, Southgate should start with James and Mount.

Will Mount be allowed to play, What with needing to isolate for 10 days? If he can, he sould, regardless of what the muppetry in this country think!

25 minutes ago, jack h said:

Will Mount be allowed to play, What with needing to isolate for 10 days? If he can, he sould, regardless of what the muppetry in this country think!

They need to isolate until 28th June, which is 1 day before the next match. I doubt they will play with just one day to prepare with the team,,

1 hour ago, sonic90 said:

They need to isolate until 28th June, which is 1 day before the next match. I doubt they will play with just one day to prepare with the team,,

Good, those muppets dont deserve him.

4 hours ago, petre ispirescu said:

It's a shame because England have some cracking attackers, but a buffoon as a manager who does not even know his best lineup three games into this tournament. This Euros could last for another 10 months, no team with Rice, Henderson and Phillips as midfielders will ever win any trophy.

Portugal won it with even more defensive lineup 

18 hours ago, petre ispirescu said:

No other football team in this world resembles Manchester United as much as England NT does. They are both slow, dull, boring as f**k, Southgate and Ole GS are clueless and sooooo out of their depth it is unbelievable these two bang average guys get to manage such massive football institutions.

No matter who they get to play next, France or Germany, they are out. It's the third match at the Euros, all of them played at Wembley and Southgate is still chopping and changing the line up like it's qualifying matches v Greece and Iceland. Meanwhile France, Germany, Italy, Spain etc. barely make any changes and you could name their starting lineup one week before the game.

I think we will reach the 1/4s though don't ask me who we will play that group is too close too call.

Good point re Utd and we set up the same way, back four and two stoppers in midfield in the form of Rice and Phillips.

So it is a similar set up for me.

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

Did Grealish not score a hat trick and get 20 assists? I thought he was the saviour of English football and Mount was just a poor imitation? 

Yeah the media are looking for a new player to hype, looks like Jack won the jackpot, maybe not.................

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

Didn't Portugal win it after winning just one of their games - the SF against a depleted Wales?

I don't know, All I know is they won only one game. I watched only one or two of their games, I can't remember which one they were very defensive, offensively they did not do anything even with cr7. They can replace him some random player and it barely matter. 

Edited by Bob stark

1 hour ago, Bob stark said:

I don't know, All I know is they won only one game. I watched only one or two of their games, I can't remember which one they were very defensive, offensively they did not do anything even with cr7. They can replace him some random player and it barely matter. 

They played one or two games without Ronaldo in the qualifying rounds and the team played even better. But who has the courage to bench him?