Euro 2020 (played in 2021)

Mbappe played solo all game, scuffed everything. You just knew he would cost us in the end. It all has to be about him you know... 

This team is arrogant, it'll do them good to come back to earth

Moussa Sissoko is a joke inclusion. Absolute farce that he was in the squad, never mind subbed on! 

Good luck to Switzerland, they fought hard for that and 100% deserved it. I hope they beat Spain. 

2 minutes ago, BordeauxBlue said:

Mbappe played solo all game, scuffed everything. You just knew he would cost us in the end. It all has to be about him you know... 

This team is arrogant, it'll do them good to come back to earth

Moussa Sissoko is a joke inclusion. Absolute farce that he was in the squad, never mind subbed on! 

Good luck to Switzerland, they fought hard for that and 100% deserved it. I hope they beat Spain. 

Honestly how did Sissoko even get into the selection? Playing Rabiot at LB was a bonkers decision too. Deschamps should resign or get fired

3 minutes ago, Deino said:

Honestly how did Sissoko even get into the selection? Playing Rabiot at LB was a bonkers decision too. Deschamps should resign or get fired

Rabiot because Digne and Hernandez are injured. To be fair, once the system got changed, Rabiot was fine. 

So many talented midfielders that could change a game, but Sissoko (who can't even get a game at Spurs. For good reason might I add) is put on. The bloke's a liability, I'd honestly rather go down to 10 men than have Sissoko on. 

Deschamps is toast. 

Here comes Zidane... 

What an amazing day of football, everything that made you fall in love with the game.

mind you, someone tell vicki sparks. I’m not one to bash female commentators…but fcuk me. Just watched bbc highlights and she sounded as flat as a pancake during Spain 5 Croatia 3…unbelievable. If you can’t sound excited for that, you never will.

Crazy game, I would think after watching the previous game, Beauchamp would have adjusted accordingly to ensure they see out the 3:1. Mbappe should have been off much earlier, thought it was a mistake at the time to took of Griezman and get Sissko on, and it was. You invite pressure and you get pressure, and France never looked really like scoring in the ET. On the plus side, a couple of extra weeks rest for Kante.

6 hours ago, Gol15 said:

I thought that France was unbeatable but Mbappe had a poor game and they're out.

Now the title is really up to whoever wants it the most.

Good shout. The title is wide open. I still wouldn’t rule out Germany!

image.gif

20 minutes ago, erskblue said:

Good shout. The title is wide open. I still wouldn’t rule out Germany!

image.gif

Yeah I think they are a chance. Whoever wins between England Germany has the easiest draw in the QF and SFs. 

I'm thinking a Germany/England v Belgium final

5 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Crazy game, I would think after watching the previous game, Beauchamp would have adjusted accordingly to ensure they see out the 3:1. Mbappe should have been off much earlier, thought it was a mistake at the time to took of Griezman and get Sissko on, and it was. You invite pressure and you get pressure, and France never looked really like scoring in the ET. On the plus side, a couple of extra weeks rest for Kante.

You probably mean our old boy Deschamps?

I went to bed at 1-0 for the Swiss, thinking the French would correct this despite being slightly crap. I'm really surprised at the result, although with hindsight perhaps it was to be expected. France never really got going, to me they gave the impression they were coasting, thinking they'd start to work a bit harder once they got to the semis.  Now it's holiday time for our players :JC_doubleup:.

5 hours ago, Valerie said:

You probably mean our old boy Deschamps?

I went to bed at 1-0 for the Swiss, thinking the French would correct this despite being slightly crap. I'm really surprised at the result, although with hindsight perhaps it was to be expected. France never really got going, to me they gave the impression they were coasting, thinking they'd start to work a bit harder once they got to the semis.  Now it's holiday time for our players :JC_doubleup:.

Yeah I’ve been wondering, not for the first time during euros, about the commitment of some of the “bigger” teams and super star players to country vs club. A lot of the star players have seemed pretty uninterested (Bruno fernandes another bar the last 15 mins vs Belgium). “smaller” nations seem to want it more (bit like Eurovision?), so maybe more surprises to come?

12 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Fair play to the Swiss, scored cracking goals and held their nerve for the penalties.

Granit Xhaka has played well for the Swiss in the Euros, sure I heard a commentator say Mourinho wants him at Roma.

great performance indeed and what a day! I too was particularly impressed by Xhaka and their pens. And with Croatia getting knocked out, looks like former Yugoslavia still has a horse in the race for me to back 🙂. They are now my second team after England. Could this be one of those really weird euros a la 2004?

6 minutes ago, Dean said:

great performance indeed and what a day! I too was particularly impressed by Xhaka and their pens. And with Croatia getting knocked out, looks like former Yugoslavia still has a horse in the race for me to back 🙂. They are now my second team after England. Could this be one of those really weird euros a la 2004?

Did you also notice the Swiss manager and goal scorers all had 'Yugoslavian' names.

13 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Mbappe is nowhere near Ronaldo or Messi's level for me. Good player, he'll have an amazing career, but he won't reach their levels.

Yeah I think you’re probably right. I think this about Neymar too, and extending the comparison that France may have developed a Mbappe problem similar to Brazil’s Neymar problem, whereby the individual is more important than the team and it ends up costing them.

3 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Did you also notice the Swiss manager and goal scorers all had 'Yugoslavian' names.

Obvs :). The coach even looks a bit like my Serbian dad. As for the players with yugo origins, there’s off the top of my head:

Seferovic

Gavranovic

Xhaka

Shaqiri

quite a few and there may be more in the squad.