Euro 2020 (played in 2021)

Agreed. Hate this many subs. To be fair though, we could afford to take a couple of players off and not bring any on and still beat this Ukraine side!

23 minutes ago, AlexTommo said:

Looks like a Chelsea player or two are guaranteed to have won a Champions League and European Championship medal this summer. 

Whether it'd be-

Mount, Chilwell, and James

Jorginho and Emerson

Christensen 

Or Azpi

Has Chilwell had any minutes at all?

9 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Has Chilwell had any minutes at all?

No. Southgate could have bought him on for Shaw, but played Trippier (a RB) instead. 

Still don't know what Chilwell has done to lose not just his starting spot but even back up position in this England team.

1 minute ago, sonic90 said:

Not gonna lie, I get more of a buzz when Chelsea win a league match over England winning a quarter final in a major tournament.

Same. If England ever win a final, I'm sure I will feel differently, but right now, I don't have the same sense of joy I got when we beat Atletico and Real in the Champions League.

Pleased the ref ended it early.

Thought Southgate managed this well.

Sure Chilwell could have replaced Shaw yet when you win 4-0 it is difficult to criticise too much. 

Rashford looks like he won't get much time due to Kane and Sterling delivering and with Grealish and Sancho offering different attributes don't think he will figure much.

It would be interesting to know from Southgate why he prefers to Trippier to Chilwell though doubt that will happen in tournament.

Kane is firing now and good to see Maguire get on the scoresheet. 

Mount gets an assist too.

1 minute ago, erskblue said:

I don’t do the Scotland v England rivalry.

A good few of my work colleagues were wanting England to get beaten tonight. So this win will quieten them down😀

Now just hope for Andreas 🇩🇰 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Now just hope for Andreas 🇩🇰 

Yeah, they’ll now be wanting Andreas and his mates to win on Wednesday.

Edited by erskblue

6 minutes ago, erskblue said:

I don’t do the Scotland v England rivalry.

A good few of my work colleagues were wanting England to get beaten tonight. So this win will quieten them down😀

I always support the home nations and Ireland, get more fun out of life that way, rather than a belly full of poison.

Another solid performance 

Early goal is everything against teams who set out with a low block

Result was never in doubt

Sterling has had a great tournament 
Southgate has got the calls so far spot on so far, brave to keep Grealish on the bench

Clean sheet again…so important in tournament football

Could this be the year?

We are the self preservation society!

41 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I won't be sorry to see the back of the 5 sub rule. 

Makes game management far too easy for teams. 

I'd be okay with a rule where 4 subs are allowed but with only 3 stops. And I'd love if as an added bonus you could only use the 4th sub if it were a u21/homegrown player.  

As we all know, the schedules won't get any easier from now on with both Uefa & FIFA wanting to have so many games, so it does make sense to have a little more of flexibility. Plus that added condition would encourage managers to give academy players some minutes besides the cups.