Euro 2020 (played in 2021)

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Morata just doesn't have it does it? He's a striker, but he's the last player you want to take a penalty.

Odd, isn't it, I was thinking the same thing.

Marco van Basten is explaining how to train taking penalties: it's all about routine, so that takes over from the tension and fear of failure.

I think England can beat Italy, should be favourites. Don’t think Italy’s defence are good enough or mobile enough for the England front three.

I do think that Denmark will be a big challenge as they have a great team togetherness going on at the moment which can carry you though tournament football.

7 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

England have conceded 0 goals and Italy like to play on the counter, not to say they can't attack when they want but their plan A probably won't work against us

I thought Spain were the better team overall tonight and probably should have won, but for me Italy have been the best side to watch from the start of the tournament. England really haven't had any team put our back line under pressure. Italy, with players like Chiesa, will do that. They also have the best centre-back pairing and goalkeeper IMO.

So it's Forza Italia today and I thought they would win yet in normal time not by penalties.

Spain were arguably the better team having so much possession and creating more chances though not scoring until Morata came on late to score the equaliser.

Chiesa took his goal well.

I liked Insigne today, great work rate.

Emerson was good in the first and looked the most likley to break Spain on the Counter.

Immobile was more mobile with the odd good flick yet not involved enough for me.

Jorginho with that final penalty was just so cool.

Morata hero one moment villain the next, God help his kids ....... again.

Olmo had a few chances and was very lively though final ball was poor.

So Italy in the final and it might be England to face them, apparently we won neither of our last two matches against Denmark.

I think England will meet Italy yet we need to work on it first.

14 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

England have conceded 0 goals and Italy like to play on the counter, not to say they can't attack when they want but their plan A probably won't work against us

Italy showed that they are a force here, it would be a big mistake to underestimate them, England specially because England had 1 big game and that was against a very shaky and maybe one of the weakest German teams in years. Mancini has done a great job and now after missing the World Cup they haven't lost in over 30 games and they have good younger players now their fans put up this before tonight's game:

E5omR4eWYAUSMU_?format=jpg&name=4096x409

They are confident in themselves and several of their players have said that they are playing for their people that have suffered a lot during the pandemic.

15 minutes ago, goose said:

I think England can beat Italy, should be favourites. Don’t think Italy’s defence are good enough or mobile enough for the England front three.

I do think that Denmark will be a big challenge as they have a great team togetherness going on at the moment which can carry you though tournament football.

All about the movement in midfield. Note for Morata's goal how Spain used the space between Jorginho and the defensive line. Jorginho was too slow to track back and Bonucci and Chiellini too slow to come forward. Mount etc. buzzing around in there is the way to disrupt the Italian shape. 

I drew Spain in the sweepstake in my local pub. I would have won £50 if Spain had won on Sunday.

I know a couple of people going to the game tomorrow. One has paid £172 for his ticket.

16 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Immobile was more mobile with the odd good flick yet not involved enough for me.

I see what you did there. Noice 👍

5 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

f**k me, whose decision was it to allow Morata: the biggest fanny in football, to take a penalty?

Also Italy undeservedly sh*thousing their way to a semi-final win should probably be England's worst fear at this point.

He clearly wants to be the big game players and he wanted to prove himself. It's a bit sad because he scored a great goal but everyone will remember his poor penalty. I don't think he has what it takes mentally speaking.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

E5omR4eWYAUSMU_?format=jpg&name=4096x409

They are confident in themselves and several of their players have said that they are playing for their people that have suffered a lot during the pandemic.

You can tell the fella in the hat behind the flag is Italian. Feckin sunglasses in July!!! Obviously doesn't have a clue about the English summer.

Edited by just

France vs Switzerland, Swiss win on pens.

Switzerland vs Spain, Spain win on pens.

Spain vs Italy, Italy win on pens.

So guess that means either Denmark or England are winning the euros on pens.

18 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

France vs Switzerland, Swiss win on pens.

Switzerland vs Spain, Spain win on pens.

Spain vs Italy, Italy win on pens.

So guess that means either Denmark or England are winning the euros on pens.

You forgot about the possibility of Denmark and England going to the penalty shootout

Happy Brain GIF