Euro 2020 (played in 2021)

14 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

E5uduuIXsAQyPIK?format=jpg&name=small

Don't worry though, it's coming home!

Gol, you are ignoring the fact that statistically Rice is currently taller than Jorginho. Rice was actually superb tonight and if the centre-halves had followed the runners as Southgate told them to do he wouldn't have had to mark two players with superior inside leg measurements. 

11 minutes ago, Mod Stark said:

Anyone dare me to put St.George flag as a banner here :Troll_Face:

No. 

15 minutes ago, just said:

I was 5 and my Dad went to the final. We were living in a flat in Acton then. 

I was 21!

Negative 21 that is. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

No. 

I was 21!

Negative 21 that is. 

So you were born in 1987 then? Oddly maths isn't my strong point despite my undisputed prowess with statistics.

So 1987 what a great year. You were born and I had me first perm.

Good times.

Edited by just

So Jack Grealish. With the Alice band thingy there and the freckles and the falling down. Yes, the face is a bit fatter but he could be a lookey-likey for Fernando Torres when he had a job in a cake shop.

21 minutes ago, just said:

So Jack Grealish. With the Alice band thingy there and the freckles and the falling down. Yes, the face is a bit fatter but he could be a lookey-likey for Fernando Torres when he had a job in a cake shop.

Well he won some free kicks as he does. I genuinely didn't notice that he got subbed off after being subbed on though

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

With the amount of bullsh*t we have gone through in these tournaments, it's about time we had some luck.

Yeah sadly that bad luck happened to the likes of Frank, Ash and JT.

Given the amount of hatred the nation has for our club, now on to digging out Mount for stick whenever anyone needs to be blamed, is hard to remain connected to the England team anymore. Club over country, and I am not impressed with how Walker can be Sh*t and keep playing and James does not even make the bench, not to mention Chilwell not even getting a minute.

Would make the majority of England fans super happy if Southgate dropped Mount for the final as well.

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

You make your own luck, England doesn't really lose in the finals and it looks like England can't lose at Wembley

E5uAwV6XEAUPqMF?format=jpg&name=large

Sometimes, sometimes it is granted to you like Barca and Obrevo.

22 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Walker plays because defensively he is quick and not easily pushed over.

He lacks a little going forward and can switch off yet as we saw today can cover when the other CBs get caught out.

As Reece showed in the CL final he is superior to walker in every way.

At least Shaw has done well and is justifying the faith in him, however tripper being second choice to him in laughable.

9 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Yep, Twitter confirms that the rest of the world still f**king hates us 🤣

Bitter f**kers, I bet half of them support an English team as well.

So basically you are calling all the fans on here who don't support the English National team "bitter f**kers". With fans like this, it's no wonder most people dislike this team 😂

What a bizarre statement by someone who supports a club currently owned by a Russian who now has problems entering the country.

A club that has 3 starting English footballers out of which 2 have been completely sidelined by the National team.

The world dislikes the English National team because of the cringeworthy sense of entitlement that supporters and commentators seem to have. 

And all the Grealish worship is truly nauseating... the media and commentators speak as if he is some supernatural force but in reality, he is not good enough (yet) to even be a starter at a top club.

Otherwise, the team is quite likeable. And Southgate is a limited but likeable manager, and I admire the way they have dealt with the idiots who boo the kneeling.

8 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I am not impressed with how Walker can be Sh*t and keep playing and James does not even make the bench

James was on the bench yesterday ... it was Chilwell, Calvert-Lewin and Ben White who were the three left out

The annoying thing is, there is now controversy around our match, which I don't like. The laser apparently shone in Schmeichel's face and then the penalty issue. All we'll hear now is how England cheated Vs Denmark. We already heard the stuff about England being at home at Wembley as an advantage.

If we'd have taken our chances and converted properly, rather than fluff chances and give Denmark the emphasis, it would have shut a lot of people up. I can't stand controversy when going advancing in cup competitions, whether it be club or country. 

24 minutes ago, enigma said:

The annoying thing is, there is now controversy around our match, which I don't like. The laser apparently shone in Schmeichel's face and then the penalty issue. All we'll hear now is how England cheated Vs Denmark. We already heard the stuff about England being at home at Wembley as an advantage.

If we'd have taken our chances and converted properly, rather than fluff chances and give Denmark the emphasis, it would have shut a lot of people up. I can't stand controversy when going advancing in cup competitions, whether it be club or country. 

It is a pity that the match will be remembered for the dodgy penalty as we were clearly the better side on the night, bar a 15 minute spell in the first half.

On saying that:-  After 'The Hand of God' , 'Deflected Free Kick' ,'The Beckham sending off and Campbell Disallowed Goal' 'Ronaldinho fluke' 'Lampard disallowed goal' 'Penalties' who gives a f*ck? We're in the final at last.

1 hour ago, ashwin said:

The world dislikes the English National team because of the cringeworthy sense of entitlement that supporters and commentators seem to have. 

English nation in supporting England shocker!

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

English nation in supporting England shocker!

I think most other nations have a cringe worthy element in their media too yet we have the misfortune of having the 'global language' (China excepted) so every other nation can pick up on the media over-hyping the National team.

I also pick up on the Grealish media hype and find it strange, the kid is not like Ronaldo, he can win free-kicks and puts in decent crosses. He does not score many goals.............

I thought the game was quite physical and English players were getting fouled a lot, the BBC match stats seem to back that up with Denmark's high foul count at 21 compared to England's 10.

Home - Team England  / Away - Team Denmark
Possession
Home 58%
Away 42%
Shots
Home 20
Away 6
Shots on Target
Home 10
Away 3
Corners
Home 6
Away 
Fouls
Home 10
Away 21

37 minutes ago, coco said:

I'm pretty sure you don't speak for everyone on the planet.:laugh2:

Haha of course not, I picked on what was said in Scott Harris's post. 

"Rest of the world" was what he said 🙂

In India, the current English team is pretty well liked.