Euro 2020 (played in 2021)

Do we reckon Southgate will spring a surprise today or go with the expect 11?

I think he will go for a back 3 like against Germany.

Pickford

Walker

Stones

McGuire

Tripper

Rice

Phillips 

Shaw

Sterling

Kane

Saka

Hah I was right on formation, just mount in rather than Saka.

Shesh even Trippier picked ahead of James. How can you leave James out for him? Why bother to select Reece and Chilwell at all, has just screwed us over for preseason.

The best of luck to England. Italy has been more entertaining, but your team is so extremely talented with incredible depth, and combined with Southgates man management I think they are small favourites

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Nations league is like the Europa league Conference, recently made up to add more games and make more money. Nothing trophy.

Clearly you still feel far more for the national side than I do so will take your opinion on the level of the Euros.

Nations League is like another Euro just with a slightly different format and let's be honest, the last few World Cups featured mainly European teams in semi finals part from Argentina in 2014 but 2006,2010,2018 all semi finalists have been from Europe so it's pretty hard to win the Nations League given that only top teams qualify to the final tournament.

You could then argue that Portugal in that short time span between 2016-2018 managed to win 2 top European tournaments.

Whoever wins the Euro it will be huge for them, this is why I can't help but to be neutral and just be happy for whoever wins.

45 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I really don’t get the neutrals, if you’re English you back the national team. Same with rest of the world.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!! 

It’s simple. We don’t give a sh*t about international football. Five Chelsea players in the final is a good thing though. 

In 2012, Chelsea won the Champions League and England were knocked out of the euros by Italy on penalties.

In 2021, Chelsea won the Champions League and England are about to play Italy in the euros.

Wonder if history will repeat itself.

20 minutes ago, Zeta said:

In 2012, Chelsea won the Champions League and England were knocked out of the euros by Italy on penalties.

In 2021, Chelsea won the Champions League and England are about to play Italy in the euros.

Wonder if history will repeat itself.

Oh my God yeah! Didn't Ashley miss one of the penalties for England?