Euro 2020 (played in 2021)

on 90 mins italy deserved it.. England played hoofball and for all the talent in their front 3 the fullbacks and midfield couldnt break the Italy press.. some 90th century fullback,, and then t make subs so late beggars belief.. Infact to take off henderson for rashford when he is penalty taker but to keep sterling on!! Southgate is a poor poor coach.. 

2 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

I'm still stunned by Southgate tonight. He choked up bigger when managing than he did in pens at Euro96 all those years ago. 

Let Italy play their way for 120mins and then totally muffed the choice of takers.

yup.. he had Mace and sterling and Kane whose clubs teams are all about pressing the opponent yet england sat and sat and sat and when they had the ball just hoofed it in hope... Italy deserved to win in normal time for me.

Just when you thought England just might have a coach who knows what he’s doing, he sh*ts the bed T the final hurdle. 

got no issues with losing tonight, Italy were the much better team and the best team of the competition - Chiesa was a complete menace, but England looked lost tactically tonight, some poor sub decisions too - Henderson who offered f**k all and Saka was terrible. 

congratulations to Italy.

I am sure some fools will also claim England lost because Grealish didnt start.. but i am just soo disappointed in the tactics and technical quality of the play on display..especially with Mace and sterling who arent the biggest... not a single ball was played into their feet.

7 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

I'm still stunned by Southgate tonight. He choked up bigger when managing than he did in pens at Euro96 all those years ago. 

Let Italy play their way for 120mins and then totally muffed the choice of takers.

Southgate is going to be another nearly man with a group of talented players. Same old, same old. 

I think Italy probably deserved it overall. England dominated the first half. Italy dominated the second. Extra-time England had a spell of pressure but Italy looked stronger overall I feel.

Southgate huge mistakes with the subs, particularly Henderson for Rice IMO.

Have enjoyed watching Itay in every game they've played in the tournament. Fair play to them and totally deserved. Nice to Spinazzola going up to get his medal.

2 minutes ago, just said:

I think Italy probably deserved it overall. England dominated the first half. Italy dominated the second. Extra-time England had a spell of pressure but Italy looked stronger overall I feel.

Southgate huge mistakes with the subs, particularly Henderson for Rice IMO.

Have enjoyed watching Itay in every game they've played in the tournament. Fair play to them and totally deserved. Nice to Spinazzola going up to get his medal.

Good assessment. Taking Rice off was just plain stupid, he was the best midfield player on the night. 

7 minutes ago, charierre said:

Good assessment. Taking Rice off was just plain stupid, he was the best midfield player on the night. 

Rice looked ballbagged though. Worked his arse off since the first minute. 

There’s a Scottish bloke on a Facebook group I’m part of being a complete bellend because ‘all English people are intolerable’ apparently. Bloke needs to look in the mirror. 

Really sorry lads. Unfortunately, Southgate got the first subs all wrong in my opinion. Bringing on Saka for Trppier meant that Mount had to drop deeper where he is less effective, as we know. The press up front stopped and that gave Italy the control. But England has a group of young, talented players that will make you enjoy.

Also, though Rashford’s penalty was dogsh*t, he had just come on and had not had time to get into the game. Also I feel for Saka taking the last penalty. Again, I think Southgate got it wrong.

It was like a replay of the game we lost to Italy at the Euros in 2012. Sat back, couldn't keep the ball and hopeless at penalties. They missed 2 and we still bottled it. 

We're basically the Tottenham of international football. Good on black and white tv and f**k all since. 

Yes we beat a transitional Germany side (at home), that lost to North Macedonia in March, and thrashed sh*te Ukraine but we are not a great side. 

Sorry to be all doom and gloom but it's reality - we bottled it despite a favourable draw and being at home for 6/7 games. We will never get a better chance.

So gutted. 😔 I think Southgate has made huge progress in his time but there's still a distinct lack of bottle at times with us that has been a problem for decades. No real leaders in this team to help calm things down when the game is going against us.

Work can f**k off if they think they're getting anything out of me tomorrow now😅

I wanted Italy to win (gross I know), so other than our boys I really didn't have a dog in the fight. 

Scoring so early was, in the end,  more of a hindrance than anything else. That said, Southgate is an absolute clown. The Rice substitution was weird enough. Putting Grealish on about 40 mins too late another. Putting on two players who have played sod all for the entire tournament, with a few minutes to get into the game and get their heads right reeks of a bottle job manager who's never been to a final, as a player let alone a manager. Nowhere near elite, never will be. Easiest run ever-again, this time at home! Nothing to show for it. 

Rashfords miss was especially egregious, BTW. 

Disgraceful scenes in the previous game and before kickoff. Another booing of the national anthem to boot. This is how England is viewed, this is their image. Just wonderful... 

Bravo Italy, totally deserved over the game. 

- signed, a bemused Frenchman