Euro 2020 (played in 2021)

4 minutes ago, Jangz said:

i think Southgate had a Ferrari but drove it like a 4x4 truck.. with Sancho/Kane/Mount/Radford/Foden england should have played better than this.

The performances have been abysmal for the supposed level of the players. 

5 hours ago, Zeta said:

In 2012, Chelsea won the Champions League and England were knocked out of the euros by Italy on penalties.

In 2021, Chelsea won the Champions League and England are about to play Italy in the euros.

Wonder if history will repeat itself.

Ah, so it's our fault then LOL

1 minute ago, Zeta said:

Where was the nations sweetheart Grealish when they needed him to step up and take a pen? 

He wasn't there to take pens he was there to get his arse kicked

3 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Where was the nations sweetheart Grealish when they needed him to step up and take a pen? 

Letting a centre half (who took the best one, actually) two players who've played about twenty minutes total all tournament and a 19 year old take em. 

47 minutes ago, Jangz said:

on 90 mins italy deserved it.. England played hoofball and for all the talent in their front 3 the fullbacks and midfield couldnt break the Italy press.. some 90th century fullback,, and then t make subs so late beggars belief.. Infact to take off henderson for rashford when he is penalty taker but to keep sterling on!! Southgate is a poor poor coach.. 

Don't agree with that Jangz. England dominated the majority of the first 45 minutes and probably should have had more than a one goal lead at the break. Second half was a complete turnaround with Italy absolutely bossing it. England sat 10 yards deeper and surrendered the tempo and initiative to Italy who took full advantage and thoroughly deserved the equaliser.

Agree about Southgate though. Management by numbers rarely works and Henderson should be nowhere near the England squad.

Henderson and Rashford being there is wtf. Both crocked and out of form. 

England never learn. 

Shocking subs, baffling decisions. 

Didier Deschamps is bad, but oh my god at least he isn't Southgate, total PE teacher. 

7 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Southgate reveals he was the one who decided the penalty kick takers. That is terrible management. You can't plan ahead when it comes to penalty kicks. You never know how the player will feel at that moment. 

Yeah he f**ked it up, selected them based on what he saw in training ffs. The players who are confident should volunteer, Saka should have probably been dead last to take it not 5th

Talk about subs backfired, Rashford and Sancho barely had a kick since they came on, then took the penalties and mucked them up. Let's be honest, how the hell you let your best taker has the easiest option, and 3 young kids to face the pressure cooker? A huge miss for England, this is the perfect one to win, the WC will be a hell lot harder.

This reminds me of our match against Scotland yet with penalties.

Shaw took his goal well.

Yet taking off Mount just after he threatens to open up the Italians seem so short-sighted.

Kane only won one header all match and Sterling was poor.

Defenders and Phillips played well.

Rice was good at times too. 

Pickford played well and was also strong for the penalties yet Rashford and Sancho was bad judgement.

Still a small win at the bookies as I bet on Italy after Portugal went out.

There is some irony in a man who did not know how to score penalties selecting players for penalties. On the manager for me.

As I have said he has been lucky all tournament and his luck ran it. Shame Roman does not run the FA as Southgate would be out on his behind and a good manager would be brought in.

Players did their very best, let down by a poor manager and let down even more by the disrespectful fans who boo national anthems.

Sigh serves me right for actually believing and having confidence in them.

Edited by axman2526

That was a tough loss.  Full credit to Italy.  While they started slow, they were the better side on the day.

Disappointed with England tactics.  Mount, Sterling, Kane all very quiet, and no change in fortunes when Saka or Grealish were introduced.  The problem for me is lack of passing quality through midfield and inability to break the lines.  The forwards were starved of any decent service.  This is why I have all the more respect for Jorginho.  He always looks for the forward pass, but will recycle possession if not on.

While I would say Pickford made a good save in the game and did well on the penalties, his distribution or clearances infuriate me.  He has one gear - kick it as far as he can as quickly as he can.  Do they never learn it just comes straight back.  Not impressed with that type of football at all, and no wonder the forwards fed on scraps.

Also never like the idea of putting players on that barely have a kick or feel for the game and have them take penalties.  Had it of gone Southgates way he'd be labeled a genius for doing so, but you only have to take half a step back and evaluate the circumstance and pressure to understand how tough that is.

Anyway, lots of potential in the England side and looking forward to the WC.  Better days ahead.

21 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Players did their very best, let down by a poor manager and let down even more by the disrespectful fans who boo national anthems.

they did a lot more than that tonight mate, not to mention the vile racist abuse the three boys who missed are copping on social media disgusting!

26 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

So who does Cheisa play for and how much will he cost Roman?

He plays for Juventus and the big teams will be after him, if not they are fools.

He might be a one tournament wonder,but I doubt it.He is the best player I have seen in a long time and will adapt to the epl very easily imo.

If we can get him for the price of havertz it will be a steal.

4 minutes ago, kennypaul said:

they did a lot more than that tonight mate, not to mention the vile racist abuse the three boys who missed are copping on social media disgusting!

Ah why does that not surprise me. No longer we have such a reputation...shesh.

The racist abuse is also sadly expected, as someone posted earlier when predicting Saka would miss.

3 minutes ago, jt61 said:

He plays for Juventus and the big teams will be after him, if not they are fools.

He might be a one tournament wonder,but I doubt it.He is the best player I have seen in a long time and will adapt to the epl very easily imo.

If we can get him for the price of havertz it will be a steal.

Ah why did it have to be Juve...any other Italian side would be easier to deal with.

The dilemma  England have is to have a winning mentality whilst not winning anything.

I like Southgate,but he is too nice.England have some of the best players in the world,but fail  at the last hurdle.

Southgate is not the way forward but who is?.

11 minutes ago, jt61 said:

The dilemma  England have is to have a winning mentality whilst not winning anything.

I like Southgate,but he is too nice.England have some of the best players in the world,but fail  at the last hurdle.

Southgate is not the way forward but who is?.

Jurgen Klopp?

Media blame game is on. Mase a 4 out of 10 on skysports and being blasted.

Agree with Roy Keane on one thing though, how do the likes of Sterling, Grealish and Shaw let Saka take that last pen?

7 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Jurgen Klopp?

Media blame game is on. Mase a 4 out of 10 on skysports and being blasted.

Agree with Roy Keane on one thing though, how do the likes of Sterling, Grealish and Shaw let Saka take that last pen?

Well, Roy Keane... likes himself.He abandoned  the Irish team because of his pig headedness - so I would take his opinion with a pinch of salt.

1 minute ago, jt61 said:

Well, Roy Keane... likes himself.He abandoned  the Irish team because of his pig headedness - so I would take his opinion with a pinch of salt.

He is not wrong here though. Imagine us letting Gilmour take pen 5 when Dave, Werner or Kante has not stepped up?

5 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

He is not wrong here though. Imagine us letting Gilmour take pen 5 when Dave, Werner or Kante has not stepped up?

I agree,of course he will make good points,after all he was a top class footballer but I just don't like him.

4 minutes ago, jt61 said:

I agree,of course he will make good points,after all he was a top class footballer but I just don't like him.

Oh on that we agree. Far too many ex United and Liverpool on the tv.