Jump to content

Following Our Nearest And Dearest Rivals 2021/22


Recommended Posts

Well according to my friend who is a football journalist, the end of Euro 2020 means that 2020/21 is officially "last season". Thought I would take the opportunity to make the first one of these threads since the very first one.

Thought I would open with an observation which I spotted/stole from elsewhere:

On 11th July 2021, it had been 44,000 days since the death of Queen Victoria, and 22,000 days since the last time Tottenham won the league. Therefore, as of yesterday (Monday 12th July 2021), Tottenham's last title win was closer to the Victorian Age than the present day.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Not a rival nor does it have anything to do with the coming season but couldn't think of anywhere else to post this. 

https://football-italia.net/green-kits-banned-from-serie-a-after-2022/

From the 2022-23 season, Serie A clubs can no longer have outfield jerseys that are primarily green after a change in regulations.

Although it will only be valid from next season, the Lega Serie A decided to announce it a year early, therefore giving clubs time to incorporate the new rule into their future designs.

It’s reported this is primarily a change dictated by television companies, who worry the green kits are too similar to the colour of the pitch and could lead to players blending into the background.

There were some green kits in 2020-21, for example Atalanta’s Christmas Tree shirt and Lazio had a completely neon green away kit last term.

It’s not entirely clear how this will affect Sassuolo, whose first choice kits are green and black stripes.

The rule changes on kits also affect socks and shorts, so if more than three colours are used, one must be clearly dominant across the jersey, shorts and socks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good. I hate green kits, but to be fair, some players blend into the background no matter what they're wearing.

With socks it's a slippery slope. Before you know it, UEFA gets involved and bans blue socks. Something big is at stake here!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 13/07/2021 at 18:23, PloKoon13 said:

Well according to my friend who is a football journalist, the end of Euro 2020 means that 2020/21 is officially "last season". Thought I would take the opportunity to make the first one of these threads since the very first one.

Thought I would open with an observation which I spotted/stole from elsewhere:

On 11th July 2021, it had been 44,000 days since the death of Queen Victoria, and 22,000 days since the last time Tottenham won the league. Therefore, as of yesterday (Monday 12th July 2021), Tottenham's last title win was closer to the Victorian Age than the present day.

 

Brilliant.😀

Cheers for that😀🍻

Link to comment
Share on other sites


44 minutes ago, Jezz said:

Solskjaer extended until 2024, with an option of extending for a further year 😂

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-signs-new-contract-at-manchester-united-24-july-2021

Utd continue to reward failure. Good news for all the clubs competing at top of the pl and for the other cups rather than utd. Baffling decision. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Football is increasingly becoming about who's likeable as opposed to who's actually good at their job.

And the funniest thing of all, Glazers and Kroenke saw this coming hence appointing them in the first place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Well one would think that eventually Man Utd are going to sign enough £75m players that they might accidentally win something.

It's cute of Arsenal and Tottenham to believe that they're still relevant. "Big Six" my arse...

The guy who runs my local (Leicester fan) is convinced we're going to win the league this season. Even after I pointed out that Leicester (probably the third-best first XI in the country) have spent the summer directly addressing the squad issues which have seen them falter the past two years, and also that we have three centre mids in our squad (two of whom are sh*t) and no centre forwards (assuming Abraham will continue to be 'unfancied'), he still stuck to his guns. I don't know how anyone could look at us last season and not come to the conclusion that we're a cup team. We have an American in our squad for f**k's sake...

Edited by PloKoon13
Edit: added a slur against Americans
Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

The guy who runs my local (Leicester fan) is convinced we're going to win the league this season. Even after I pointed out that Leicester (probably the third-best first XI in the country) have spent the summer directly addressing the squad issues which have seen them falter the past two years, and also that we have three centre mids in our squad (two of whom are sh*t) and no centre forwards (assuming Abraham will continue to be 'unfancied'), he still stuck to his guns.

I've got the same feeling and can't seem to shake it off. I don't even know why.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Grealish to Manchester City is as good as done. 

How he fits in with Sterling, Torres, Foden, Mahrez, Silva is anyone's guess. Pressumably one of those players leaves? 

They're still front runners for Kane as well so with United having signed Sancho and Varane on the way it looks like the Manchester clubs are both going to be likely pushing for the title.

Going to be interesting to see if Liverpool stick their hand in their pocket this summer. 

Meanwhile transfer activity over at Stamford Bridge:

Season 3 Sleeping GIF by The Simpsons

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Grealish to Manchester City is as good as done. 

How he fits in with Sterling, Torres, Foden, Mahrez, Silva is anyone's guess. Pressumably one of those players leaves? 

They're still front runners for Kane as well so with United having signed Sancho and Varane on the way it looks like the Manchester clubs are both going to be likely pushing for the title.

Going to be interesting to see if Liverpool stick their hand in their pocket this summer. 

Meanwhile transfer activity over at Stamford Bridge:

Season 3 Sleeping GIF by The Simpsons

Silva looks like he's headed to Barcelona if they could magically resolve their wages issue. Maybe Mahrez or Sterling are swapped for Kane?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • coco pinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!