Following Our Nearest And Dearest Rivals 2021/22

The offside flag has spared Leeds' blushes there... I know they have issues with conceding headed goals, but conceding one to Thiago Alcantara would be drifting into the realm of self-parody.

Looking like this match is going to fit the standard 'Leeds against a quality attacking side' template - a spirited early performance which inevitably ends up with them conceding about fifteen clear-cut chances and getting battered.

Also... after all this... is Bamford sh*t?

41 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Leeds look like they are going to get another thrashing here. They are way too open and they look like they have been found out.

Another blow for them as Llorente gets injured again. Their defence just isn't good enough without him.

Not to mention the way they attack is becoming more and more predictable and they don't seem to have plan B.

Second season syndrome incoming?

5 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

That was never a red card. Refs need to be more professional in these situations. A bad injury doesn't always mean red card. The tackle was excellent, Harvey Elliot was just unfortunate.

Not a red card challenge but a broken leg's not exactly easy to overlook. Not to mention Klopp's yelling about it will get some sort of reaction

9 minutes ago, Deino said:

Not a red card challenge but a broken leg's not exactly easy to overlook. Not to mention Klopp's yelling about it will get some sort of reaction

It's the refs job to remain professional. If they are going to let their emotions control their decision making, then maybe this isn't the job for them.

Feel for the young lad but that was never a sending off ,referee reacting to the injury. As for Pawson always going to produce a red, he hasn’t even given a foul. Also why wasn’t Klopp booked for entering field of play?

46 minutes ago, charierre said:

Feel for the young lad but that was never a sending off ,referee reacting to the injury. As for Pawson always going to produce a red, he hasn’t even given a foul. Also why wasn’t Klopp booked for entering field of play?

Klopp has no business entering the field of play, but of course that will be overlooked. Another sh*t display from a ref involving Liverpool.

I'm usually able to see when a player really hurt the other one but in this tackle I can only see a player protecting the ball while the other one slides and injures himself, was there any contact with the injured leg there?

11 hours ago, Gol15 said:

I'm usually able to see when a player really hurt the other one but in this tackle I can only see a player protecting the ball while the other one slides and injures himself, was there any contact with the injured leg there?

Struijk's trailing leg, not the one he is making the tackle with, gets caught on top of Barnes' ankle. It was unfortunate rather than reckless.  

Thinking out loud...

Do you think that 'top six' era in the PL has finished or it is slowly but steadily coming to an end? 

I personally think we are witnessing a transition from 'top six' back to 'top four'.

We are the champions of Europe, City have won three league titles in the last four seasons, Liverpool have won the league, played two CL finals and won one in the space of couple of years, United have finally achieved some consistency in terms of top 4 finishes recently and they are again able to attract the world's best players.

Arsenal don't even play European football this season, not to mention the CL which is too far out of reach for years. And for Spurs it all went downhill after that lost CL final, that was the chance for their 'golden generation' which is no more.

The point is, when you look at their squads solely, they probably are the fifth and sixth strongest team in the league. But at this moment the gap between 'top four' and them is enormous and I am pretty much certain the table will show it at the end of this season. They might even be closer to the levels of Leicester or West Ham right now.

Edited by wizardous

I have just watched Gary Neville w*** o** Ronaldo on YouTube. I personally agree that Ronaldo is better scorer than Messi 

20210914_151310.thumb.jpg.205e108dc27c471716d8f42032283149.jpg

but he kept refering to stats that show Messi is the better scorer. Messi has scored the same amount of goals with 100 less matches. It is like you are trying to convice people that  car A is faster than B, while showing car B has more horse power

33 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

Taking off Sancho and leaving both Pogba and Ronaldo on the pitch when you are down to ten men with more than half the game left to play seems a bit nuts...

not so sure about Ronaldo. expect FA refs to give pen in such cases 11/10

despicable

jdsalsdk.gif