Following Our Nearest And Dearest Rivals 2021/22

34 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

If Newcastle spends a lot they will become a top 6 team in no time and from there they will just keep rising.  Teams like Wolves and West Ham have nothing to hope for in that scenario.

No PL or top end Championship team have the right to moan as they're also in a closed off league for all intents and purposes.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

not been linked but it would be pretty funny if Newcastle went all out to sign Salah.

would not be surprised if the Saudi prince is calling Mino right now to tell Haaland to pack his bags.

Newcastle aren’t going to be able to sign players of that Calibre yet..Salah and haaland’s camp might flirt with them in order to get more money from the big clubs that can help them challenge for titles. It’s going to take years for Newcastle to build a squad good enough

1 hour ago, Argo said:

No PL or top end Championship team have the right to moan as they're also in a closed off league for all intents and purposes.

I agree and the funny thing is, If this trend continues in a few years we will have mainly the Saudi owned teams competing for titles, both in domestic football and European football, with the odd Roman or the stable Bayern model trying to compete with them.

1 hour ago, The Brit said:

Newcastle aren’t going to be able to sign players of that Calibre yet..Salah and haaland’s camp might flirt with them in order to get more money from the big clubs that can help them challenge for titles. It’s going to take years for Newcastle to build a squad good enough

Haaland would go there for the right deal imo, no question.

They pay Dortmund 200 mill, mino 100 mill, Haaland senior 50mill and junior 50mill plus 600k new wages and a buyout clause of say 225mill redeemable from 2024 and he will be on his way.

He is young and his entourage are motivated by money. 2 and a half years there then can go to Real or Barca if they sort themselves out.

Salah I agree highly unlikely.

34 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

They pay Dortmund 200 mill, mino 100 mill, Haaland senior 50mill and junior 50mill plus 600k new wages and a buyout clause of say 225mill redeemable from 2024 and he will be on his way.

He is young and his entourage are motivated by money. 2 and a half years there then can go to Real or Barca if they sort themselves out.

Mino is targeting 47 million pounds a year for Haaland salary. Thats around 900K a week if i'm not making a mistake (oh and thats without bonus money). 🇸🇦🇶🇦

Edited by azpi28

24 minutes ago, azpi28 said:

Mino is targeting 47 million pounds a year for Haaland salary. Thats around 900K a week if i'm not making a mistake (oh and thats without bonus money). 🇸🇦🇶🇦

They can easily pay that.

59 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Wasn't it reported that he sees Chelsea as a small club? There is no way he goes to Newcastle with that same thinking.

It'll probably take a couple of seasons and they'll be challenging for top four. Even if they cant attract top talent now, they can attract the key players from the teams around them and also collect the deadwood from the current top teams. With a good manager, that would be enough for them to get to Europa and then its only upwards from there.

7 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

It'll probably take a couple of seasons and they'll be challenging for top four. Even if they cant attract top talent now, they can attract the key players from the teams around them and also collect the deadwood from the current top teams. With a good manager, that would be enough for them to get to Europa and then its only upwards from there.

If they get Conte and back him they will definitely challenge within a couple of seasons (especially if United and Arsenal dont get competent managers)

Edited by azpi28

Only loser out of the Newcastle take over is that Steve Bruce guy, expect good players jump on their bandwagon for double their pay, who cares about 1 or 2 seasons with no European football. If they do get Conte, could be a very competitive team after couple of transfer windows

I wonder how their current squad feel. I guess they can either think that they will all be replaced by better players on much larger salaries in the next year or two or possibly that they are the one that is good enough to remain part of it. If it’s more the former, could their firm get even worse? Can’t actually see them going down; a large cash deposit here or there or a summons to the Saudi embassy will make sure that doesn’t happen.

Agents play a massive role in nowadays football and we all know they are pricks of the highest order. The most influential ones are going to come around like the hungry vultures they are and unfortunately for NUFC fans, who probably have sky high expectations, the board will fall for their (agent's) shenanigans and build a team full of so called big names that have never lived up to their potential and have flopped massively.

With the endless amounts of money they have, a top manager and smart recruitment, they will be a force. But with signings that are way past their peak, looking for a last huge paycheck like Icardi, Coutinho, Dembele, Martial etc. they will probably hang around 6th-7th place and get knocked out of the Cup competitions everytime they face a top team.

5 hours ago, Snedger said:

I wonder how their current squad feel. I guess they can either think that they will all be replaced by better players on much larger salaries in the next year or two or possibly that they are the one that is good enough to remain part of it. If it’s more the former, could their firm get even worse? Can’t actually see them going down; a large cash deposit here or there or a summons to the Saudi embassy will make sure that doesn’t happen.

Unless they sign one or two good defenders in January I think relegation is a possibility. Attacking wise they are actually pretty good with Saint-Maximin, Willock and Wilson (when he's fit).

23 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58845043

When you say it out loud, 'I wanted the best player in the world and possibly of all time to play for my club for free' does sound like a bit of an unrealistic strategy...

It would have been impossible anyway. By law he couldn't have taken anymore than a 50% pay cut, Barcelona still couldn't afford that though, so he had to go.

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Steve Bruce is 6th on the list of most games managed in the Premier League behind Arsene Wenger, Alex Furguson, Harry Redknapp, David Moyes and Sam Allardyce.

He has overseen 475 Premier League games and has a win record of 28%. 

How? How has someone with such a terrible record been given so many top jobs? 

Cheap option maybe ?  

5 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Steve Bruce is 6th on the list of most games managed in the Premier League behind Arsene Wenger, Alex Furguson, Harry Redknapp, David Moyes and Sam Allardyce.

He has overseen 475 Premier League games and has a win record of 28%. 

How? How has someone with such a terrible record been given so many top jobs? 

Newcastle is possibly the biggest club he’s managed, I don’t know his salary but I’ve always seen him as a cheaper version of big Sam. He’s not remarkable but he’s solid and a smaller team stand a chance of staying up with him at the helm. A win rate of 28% on average gets 32 points a season without any draws boosting the points which will often keep a club up. In the premiership he’s managed Birmingham, Wigan, Sunderland, Hull and Newcastle. Out of those teams I think only Newcastle and Sunderland would want more than staying up so even though he’s not an elite manager he’s proven in giving  teams a fighting chance 

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

Three, four seasons with Conte, that's hilarious :laugh2:

It could happen if they give him all the money he wants everywhere else - what would he complain about instead?

9 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

They form the core of The British Managers Lunch Club, right @Ballack & Blu