15 years!

5 hours ago, Mod Stark said:

Remember when Loz came back and we hauled in a convoy of all the oldies to welcome him back, for every single one to f**k off again :biggrin:

No staying power, the old pricks.ūü§£

Well done to all the mods and contributors who have kept it going since CSR days. Great dedication and effort. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2021 at 02:55, Mod Stark said:

Only with The Shed End name, prior to that, the CSR was 1996 or thereabouts.

I'm curious, how many people are still active here from the CSR days? 

6 hours ago, ashwin said:

I'm curious, how many people are still active here from the CSR days? 

5 hours ago, Valerie said:

I count double at the very least.

Blimey Val, do you reckon that much. I think definitely that at some time over the years, and more, but I’m going to guess currently about 85% Shed End / 15% CSR.

On 09/08/2021 at 07:24, big blue said:

Graet site, and great community, happy to be part of it for last 10 odd years. When you dont live in London, and struggle to get to games, its great to come on here and talk Chelsea, for better or for worse!

100% agree.

As an Australian, I love this place and speaking with like-minded supporters. It's great to speak about all things Chelsea.

Just noticed this thread, I was about in the old CSR days (There was a version before that I believe?) , and I joined while I was living in Italy so I can date it accurately I would have joined the  start of  2001 so 20 years !  - I have given up my season ticket, become a father and got married and settled down in Bristol since that time, where on earth did it go so wrong !   

I joined as I was secondment from work in Italy¬†and I knew I would miss the match day banter.¬† It¬†wasn't for the feint hearted back then ūüôā I think the whole user base would have been banned compared to day ūüôā

Interesting I was just nosing around¬†a couple of days back and amazingly searched for Priesty's Chelsea refuge thinking about this forum and it is still up .....¬†not updated but who remembers¬†him ?¬† ¬†Still a cracking read but just a small browse through will give you the level¬†the forum was at, I used to love his match reports on the forum ūüôā¬† ¬† .... times have changed, probably for the better in all honesty but, nothing like a bit of nostalgia;¬†

• 2 weeks later...

I think I joined the old CSR back in the late 90's as a way to keep up with Chelsea news while living in the US.  Glad to say I've met a few folks at games and even for beers outside of games due to this forum.

I remember the old CSR you replied directly to someone and it popped up as a diagonal list to all the replies...and people we upset when that was taken away!

I remember calling Loz from America on 30 April 2005 just after the final whistle at Bolton  to share our joy with seeing our Chelsea crowned Champions of England. Both of us  pissed and just trying to soak it all in,  at that point I felt like I belonged to the best group of Chelsea Supporters ever.

There are still a few old guard around here and I love everyone of you you.

You know who you are.

Class of July 16 2006 

On 25/07/2021 at 19:33, goose said:

No staying power, the old pricks.ūü§£

Well done to all the mods and contributors who have kept it going since CSR days. Great dedication and effort. 

Loz - an old prick????  He's barely out of puberty compared to some of the decrepit old figure like moi and Yorkley?

Hi, everyone.  I do miss the CSR days,  with the old gang.  I also miss the Chat room.

But I see that there are still a bunch of people from back then still posting from time to time, like Val, Moi, Goose, Liam, Loz (seldom, sadly), Scott, Mad Mac, ModStark, even G4.7 (once in a blue moon).

Hope for another 15 years of posting on this forum, if I last that long!