Jules Kounde

Sindre

Seems like there is something happening here. Tottenham already had a bid accepted for him earlier this summer so I would expect negotiations to go ok.

Bonus points for Kounde rejecting Tottenham as a "small club" just a few weeks ago,

22 and a French international. I know next to nothing about this player. Anyway he looks like Prem clubs rate him. 

Probably ends one Chelsea career then. Rudiger or Zouma I presume. Probably Zouma. I would think we can strike a deal with Rudiger. Christensen should be safe. 

24 minutes ago, evissy said:

22 and a French international. I know next to nothing about this player. Anyway he looks like Prem clubs rate him. 

Probably ends one Chelsea career then. Rudiger or Zouma I presume. Probably Zouma. I would think we can strike a deal with Rudiger. Christensen should be safe. 

Good question for @BordeauxBlue

Very good defender, he's short for a center back ,1,78m, but he's good in the air sort of like Kanté who you don't expect him to win so many duels. Very physical player, fast and strong. Very good with the ball at his feet and can make good passes. He's also from what ive seen in a couple of games someone who wants to win and his very commanding for someone is young age, he likes to go foward as well, i don't remember a lot of defenders who  go fowards as much as him.

Edited by DidierDrogbalala

17 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Sell 23 year old promising centre back Fikayo Tomori

Sell 21 year old promising centre back Marc Guéhi

Buy 22 year old promising centre back Jules Kounde

Heiitse Cfc GIF - Heiitse Cfc ChelseaFc - Discover & Share GIFs

its not a good look of course but u have to put things in context, Tomori plays on the left side of a back three where Rudiger is a lock (well under Tuchel) and wanted to be a sure starter for the good of his career, Guehi hasnt played one single minute in the first division and maybe Chelsea were unsure about if he was good enough to challenge Silva Christensen Azpi and Zouma for the starting places and maybe like Tomori, Guehi wanted to have the best chances to start games and asked for a move. Koundé has been playing in the first division for the last 4 seasons if i remember correctly and the last 2 in the CL, he's been rated very highly for the past couple of years by everyone if La Liga.

We still have some sort of Clause, Deal or whatever you wanna call it with Guehi and Tomori and im sure both players asked to leave for playing time so if they reach the same level where Koundé is right now and Chelsea guarentee some sort of playing time im sure they would come back

Edited by DidierDrogbalala

18 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

This shouldn’t surprise anyone, at this point.

Also, Kounde is a full international. I’m not sure it’s fair to compare the 3 of them at this point. It’s reasonable to say that Kounde is the best of the 3 right now.

36 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Very good defender, he's short for a center back ,1,78m, but he's good in the air sort of like Kanté who you don't expect him to win so many duels. Very physical player, fast and strong. Very good with the ball at his feet and can make good passes. He's also from what ive seen in a couple of games someone who wants to win and his very commanding for someone is young age, he likes to go foward as well, i don't remember a lot of defenders who  go fowards as much as him.

I assume he's going to be our RCB so his height shouldn't be a big issue in that case. He's as tall as Azpi and he's managed just fine.

55 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Good point. Makes zero sense. 

52 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Maybe you're confused, two players may be age mates but one may be better than the other. You don't know more than the Chelsea board. Go and watch the clips of this Kounde on YouTube so that you can know more about him.

16 minutes ago, Sindre said:

I assume he's going to be our RCB so his height shouldn't be a big issue in that case. He's as tall as Azpi and he's managed just fine.

He's definitely top class in that RCB role but I worry we are amassing players best suited to a 3atb formation.

Given that Tuchel historically puts Ranieri to shame for tinkering, is it wise to lock him into a squad suited to just one formation?

39 minutes ago, acidicleo said:

Please go to spurs..

I dont like him at all and he is only 1.78 in height compared to.1.91 of Varane and Torres..

So what you’re saying is we should bring Peter Crouch out of retirement and have link up with Rudiger and Silva?

32 minutes ago, SydneyChelsea said:

He's definitely top class in that RCB role but I worry we are amassing players best suited to a 3atb formation.

Given that Tuchel historically puts Ranieri to shame for tinkering, is it wise to lock him into a squad suited to just one formation?

Did Sevilla play 3 at the back? If not, then it doesn’t matter - would mean he’s just fine in a back 4. Players can be good at both. We just happen to have a couple that are much better in a 3 (Christensen, Rüdiger)

Know pretty much zero about him, and don't want to fixate on his height too much, but I did tell myself that maybe the reason we were okay with moving on Guehi was his height...  but so much for that.  I guess it depends on the price and expectations of how he adapts?