Jules Kounde

Sindre

On 26/08/2021 at 12:39, evissy said:

I see Kounde as Silva replacement. With that kind of money he needs to be a bit special. 50m Euros for a 22 CB is still a lot although it looks we are doing a bit of good business here. 

As said before we are always looking to improve the squad. Keeping Zouma is not it and at this very moment promoting Chalobah isn't it either. Improving depth is one thing, improving quality is another. Kounde should improve the quality and our football. 

I read somewhere (maybe here) we've been tracking Kounde for a good time. If so we really have a plan going forward. We need to do business where the manager is not that important as we always sack them. 

Kounde is clearly more azpi replacement rather than Silva 

1 hour ago, Bob stark said:

What is Rudiger limitation? 

I think he has been our best cb since we move to back 3.

I think he is clumsy and a bit agricultural in defence and I constantly worry about him getting cards or giving away free kicks. . I’d agreee he’s been excellent overall  since Tuchel arrived. On the ball he is powerful and energetic and reasonable pace but uncultured. His shooting g and offensive heading is not that strong. I am glad we have him, we need a player like him. 

Presumably we're waiting to finalise the sale of Zouma.

Once that's completed then we'd be looking to push ahead complete the deal for Kounde. 

There may not be an official bid in place yet but you bet there's been plenty of talks between the two clubs. 

Chelsea typically complete a lot of business fairly late in the transfer window and this year is shaping up to be no different. 

I am from Seville and I was reading a lot of wrong beliefs. Sevilla is not going to sell Kounde for less than €70m, that´s impossible cause we rejected a few better bids and cause we have to pay a 15% fee to Girondins. I don´t think that Monchi sells Kounde last minute and maybe this weekend is the last oportunity to make this deal.

Sorry for my english.

5 minutes ago, trensa said:

I am from Seville and I was reading a lot of wrong beliefs. Sevilla is not going to sell Kounde for less than €70m, that´s impossible cause we rejected a few better bids and cause we have to pay a 15% fee to Girondins. I don´t think that Monchi sells Kounde last minute and maybe this weekend is the last oportunity to make this deal.

Sorry for my english.

What's your view on Koundé?

1 hour ago, trensa said:

Sorry for my english.

Is what I heard as well. Sevilla tend to operate as a more successful Dortmund and are firm on their prices.

1 hour ago, trensa said:

He is top 5 CB in Europe. He is very smart in the field.

What else are his outstanding qualities? 

He seems to be doing fine physically despite being rather small for a centre back. Do you think he could cope with the physicality of the premier league?

Some further rumour on this. Sevilla have supposedly been left quite unimpressed with how late in the window we have left this deal, and that we are trying to get him for, what they consider, a cheap amount of 50mill euros.

Monchi has told Marina Kounde is not for sale unless his minimum fee, said to be about 80mill euros, is met.

At the same time TT is said not to be panicking and happy enough to have his back 3 options be Silva, Christensen, Rudiger,  Chalobah, Dave and Reece.

12 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Some further rumour on this. Sevilla have supposedly been left quite unimpressed with how late in the window we have left this deal, and that we are trying to get him for, what they consider, a cheap amount of 50mill euros.

Monchi has told Marina Kounde is not for sale unless his minimum fee, said to be about 80mill euros, is met.

At the same time TT is said not to be panicking and happy enough to have his back 3 options be Silva, Christensen, Rudiger,  Chalobah, Dave and Reece.

Of course there's no need to panic but I got a feeling this deal would be special. Let's just pay up, read elsewhere 70m EUR would do the trick

And I'm not too convinced of this "unimpressed" rumour, I'd bet Chelsea and Seville have been in contact over the past weeks and discussed how to move forward. He even said publicly everything can happen within the 31st, and if he wants it to happen a few days earlier then I'm sure there's no issue achieving that

Edited by Luiz4Chelsea

8 hours ago, axman2526 said:

8 hours ago, Luiz4Chelsea said:

Of course there's no need to panic but I got a feeling this deal would be special. Let's just pay up, read elsewhere 70m EUR would do the trick

And I'm not too convinced of this "unimpressed" rumour, I'd bet Chelsea and Seville have been in contact over the past weeks and discussed how to move forward. He even said publicly everything can happen within the 31st, and if he wants it to happen a few days earlier then I'm sure there's no issue achieving that

Sky sports picking up on the theme too: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12392610/jules-kounde-chelsea-pursuit-of-sevilla-defender-hanging-in-the-balance

18 hours ago, True Blue23 said:

What else are his outstanding qualities? 

He seems to be doing fine physically despite being rather small for a centre back. Do you think he could cope with the physicality of the premier league?

He'll be facing the most physical CF in the league in training on a weekly basis. If he can manage that then the rest of the league should be a non-issue

25 minutes ago, Deino said:

He'll be facing the most physical CF in the league in training on a weekly basis. If he can manage that then the rest of the league should be a non-issue

He already defeated him in a UEL final. 

The situation is like that. Your bid is not enough, €50M is unacceptable for Sevilla and Sevilla has a deadlinr cause we would need to find another CB. 

Or you take risks selling Zouma and getting cash for a best bid or the deal is almost broken. 

1 hour ago, trensa said:

The situation is like that. Your bid is not enough, €50M is unacceptable for Sevilla and Sevilla has a deadlinr cause we would need to find another CB. 

Or you take risks selling Zouma and getting cash for a best bid or the deal is almost broken. 

Seems about right, but the question is how much more  than 50m will it take? Maybe add ons  can be the deal maker. It’s funny when I watched Seville last couple of games it was the other central defender who was calling the shots, Kounde was doing more first receiver work. 

2 hours ago, trensa said:

10m more won't buy Sevilla an extra day of the transfer window, just saying. This transfer is happening so Sevilla already looked and probably found a new CB.

But I agree that in the current climate that the offer of 50m is playing low ball.

I hope Marina manages to strike a good deal but ultimately I'd be happy with any fee. This would simply be a massive transfer.

The term generational talent is very popular these days but here I suspect one, I don't get how a CB can be so composed and well-rounded at only 22. Bayern Munich just bought another highly rated 22 y o french CB, but place him next to Kounde and he starts looking real rough around the edges

Make it happen Marina!

1 hour ago, ozboy said:

Seems about right, but the question is how much more  than 50m will it take? Maybe add ons  can be the deal maker. It’s funny when I watched Seville last couple of games it was the other central defender who was calling the shots, Kounde was doing more first receiver work. 

70-75M. Diego Carlos has been the best companion cause is the tough side of our defense and Kounde the smart one. 

59 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

10m more won't buy Sevilla an extra day of the transfer window, just saying. This transfer is happening so Sevilla already looked and probably found a new CB.

But I agree that in the current climate that the offer of 50m is playing low ball.

The transfer is happening if Chelsea makes a 70-75M bid, we don’t need to sell any player, we promised to the player a fair sell but with a fair amount too.

Less than one year ago we rejected 55M and Otamendi. 

26 minutes ago, STATS said:

Not going to lie, Sevilla would be stupid to sell him for £42m.

And this is impossible to acept. 

42 minutes ago, trensa said:

70-75M. Diego Carlos has been the best companion cause is the tough side of our defense and Kounde the smart one. 

The transfer is happening if Chelsea makes a 70-75M bid, we don’t need to sell any player, we promised to the player a fair sell but with a fair amount too.

Less than one year ago we rejected 55M and Otamendi. 

And this is impossible to acept. 

Of course you have to factor in a season less on his contract. Contract expires in 2024. The depreciation each year is high. And he wants to move. 

54 minutes ago, ozboy said:

Of course you have to factor in a season less on his contract. Contract expires in 2024. The depreciation each year is high. And he wants to move. 

We could renew his contract or maybe he could goes to PSG, Madrid or Barca next year. Chelsea already know what is requesting Sevilla and they could lost a great player. 

5 hours ago, trensa said:

Marina'll do her job right. If not this season then the next one. Kounde is still 23 by then and his game will either mature or fall off. 

We still have Trevoh to develop even if the transfer is not done in time. It's a win-win either way

15 minutes ago, Deino said:

Marina'll do her job right. If not this season then the next one. Kounde is still 23 by then and his game will either mature or fall off. 

We still have Trevoh to develop even if the transfer is not done in time. It's a win-win either way

Sevilla are a well run club like Dortmund. Like them they cover their money needs by selling Gil to Spurs as Dortmund did with Sancho.

Dortmund had there 200mill price for Haaland, we did not meet it, he does not come here. If we don't meet Sevillas price Kounde does not come.

Just as we had to meet Inters lo g quote price of 115mill euros for Lukaku. 

That is why I am expecting it falls through.