Jules Kounde

Sindre

16 minutes ago, ozboy said:

Well good luck to Seville. I find it a bit hard to believe a deal was verbally agreed at one price 2-3 weeks ago, but now the price has changed because Seville can’t find an alternative. surely they must had one lined up.  Look at Juventus picked up Kean in 24 hours. Trensa  states Kounde  was never going for the price speculated because of  amounts owing, but those amounts owing haven’t changed, yet a deal that was on now isn’t. To me it looks like Seville changed its mind. That’s ok I guess, there are always more players out there. Seville may have done good business, time will tell, but in any case they will have a good player who will help their team. It’s not all about money. Trensa was well informed, thanks from me for sharing. 

Our alternatives are pretty tough right now. Lille won´t let go his best defender just right before the deadline and we don´t want to overpay a player cause the bid is so late. Sevilla wanted to make the deal but we waited for the zouma´s transfer all the summer and the first bid of 50M was ridiculous.

Edited by trensa

Chelsea remain open to completing the Kounde transfer at the price they had previously agreed, thought to be around £43m plus add-ons, but negotiations stalled over the weekend.

That could also be the case with Saul should he get the green light on a loan.

- @Matt_Law_DT

1 hour ago, weetee said:

It would have been ridiculous to loan Billy then though. We would have weakened our most crucial position considerably - not sure what the plan was but there must have been one and it couldn't have been just "Saul on loan".

Isn’t that on Tuchel though? If he had a guarantee of mins he won’t have gone on loan.

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

It's a long, long season for us.

Two injuries and we are in the sh*t. And T.Silva is old and injury prone at this point in his career so I think we are thin. Chalobah is also an unknown entity still in a defence despite being good against Crystal Palace that didn't test us.

As it stands we probably need Chalobah for midfield cover more than anything as well considering we are extremely thin there too.

We aren’t though; Zouma was 4th choice last season, and Chalobah takes his place. We are fully stacked at RCB with Azpi, Christensen, Chalobah and James all capable of playing there. Christensen is 1st choice in the middle with T. Solca’s mins been managed. Not overly bothered if we sign him Kounde or not, especially not at a £15m premium. If he comes in you either Christensen who has looked brilliant in the middle not signing a new contract, as he will be sidelined or Chalobah not signing a new contract as his mins gets reduced. Getting those 2 signed on for the long term is more important than Kounde who will upset the balance in the team. We can revisit the deal in the summer or decide not to if Chalobah keeps improving.

LCB is more of a worry for me; we have no cover for Rudiger unless Tuchel decides to give Ampadu a proper chance. Zouma and to an extent Emerson were his cover, and I’d rather have us spend on a LCB now because I don’t think Rudiger will sign a new contract.

2 hours ago, weetee said:

Surely they should have some sort of back-up plan since his clause could activated during the very last minute, right? It's a gamble on both sides.

Isnt there a thing in Spain where by the buy out clause is very rarely activated because it actuallys adds tax on top of the clause? So clubs usually accept a bid of equivalent amount to save buying club paying the tax. So sevilla could dig there heels in and make any club pay the extra tax, making last minute deals more difficult.

36 minutes ago, ducavis said:

We aren’t though; Zouma was 4th choice last season, and Chalobah takes his place. We are fully stacked at RCB with Azpi, Christensen, Chalobah and James all capable of playing there. Christensen is 1st choice in the middle with T. Solca’s mins been managed. Not overly bothered if we sign him Kounde or not, especially not at a £15m premium. If he comes in you either Christensen who has looked brilliant in the middle not signing a new contract, as he will be sidelined or Chalobah not signing a new contract as his mins gets reduced. Getting those 2 signed on for the long term is more important than Kounde who will upset the balance in the team. We can revisit the deal in the summer or decide not to if Chalobah keeps improving.

LCB is more of a worry for me; we have no cover for Rudiger unless Tuchel decides to give Ampadu a proper chance. Zouma and to an extent Emerson were his cover, and I’d rather have us spend on a LCB now because I don’t think Rudiger will sign a new contract.

You basically just confirmed we need a defender. If Silva leaves at the end of the season and you think Rudiger is off we are going to be desperate for centre backs. No guarantee we get Kounde next summer, we will be desperate and buy defenders who aren't as good for stupid prices.

2 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

We can't allow ourselves to be taken advantage of or we will become the next Man Utd where every transfer gets negotiated an extra £10-20m because clubs know they are weak and desperate.

We could be desperate next summer though.

21 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

You basically just confirmed we need a defender. If Silva leaves at the end of the season and you think Rudiger is off we are going to be desperate for centre backs. No guarantee we get Kounde next summer, we will be desperate and buy defenders who aren't as good for stupid prices.

No.. desperate will be a paying a £15m premium out of panic. He will still be on the market next season, so will Pau Torres, Tapsoba, Botman etc. You pay over the top now, next season other clubs will be out to rip us off. We should be shopping at a discount in a pandemic but have ended up paying over the top for Lukaku already.

9 minutes ago, ducavis said:

No.. desperate will be a paying a £15m premium out of panic. He will still be on the market next season, so will Pau Torres, Tapsoba, Botman etc. You pay over the top now, next season other clubs will be out to rip us off. We should be shopping at a discount in a pandemic but have ended up paying over the top for Lukaku already.

Clubs would really fleece us if we show up in June with one proper CB + perhaps Azpi (if he renews). Then we'd certainly be in desperation mode.

It’s a matter of working out what Kounde is worth. Seville are asking the similar to what city paid for Dias. Is he that good? If he is that’s the market. 

33 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Kounde is worth the extra £15M though. Pau Torres looks like he might struggle with the physicality of the premier league. I dont think we are paying over the odds for a player of this quality.

2 hours ago, JM7 said:

Chelsea remain open to completing the Kounde transfer at the price they had previously agreed, thought to be around £43m plus add-ons, but negotiations stalled over the weekend.

That could also be the case with Saul should he get the green light on a loan.

- @Matt_Law_DT

It is very simple and what @trensa and I have stated about this. Weeks back Zouma to Weat ham was on and we verbally agreed that deal with Sevilla. The add ons would have taken the price to somewhere in region of 60mill euros.

However we decided not to go ahead with the deal in case Zouma did not leave as we already added Trev primarily as a CB and TT did not want more than this number at CB ( Ruidger, Silva, Christensen, Zouma, Dave, Trev). 

So we did not trust West ham would cough up the cash and did not make the move for Kounde until the deal was done. Problem became that Sevilla now face increased cost to replace Kounde due to it being late in the window. The replace would cost them 15mill euros more than before, so they want us to cover the cost of that so they still make a profit after paying for the new player and Koundes sell on fee. We don't want to do so, so the deal is off.

If you remember way back Liverpool did the same thing with Torres late in the winter window. 15mill on top of whatever his replacement, Carroll, costs.

6 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

It is very simple and what @trensa and I have stated about this. Weeks back Zouma to Weat ham was on and we verbally agreed that deal with Sevilla. The add ons would have taken the price to somewhere in region of 60mill euros.

However we decided not to go ahead with the deal in case Zouma did not leave as we already added Trev primarily as a CB and TT did not want more than this number at CB ( Ruidger, Silva, Christensen, Zouma, Dave, Trev). 

So we did not trust West ham would cough up the cash and did not make the move for Kounde until the deal was done. Problem became that Sevilla now face increased cost to replace Kounde due to it being late in the window. The replace would cost them 15mill euros more than before, so they want us to cover the cost of that so they still make a profit after paying for the new player and Koundes sell on fee. We don't want to do so, so the deal is off.

If you remember way back Liverpool did the same thing with Torres late in the winter window. 15mill on top of whatever his replacement, Carroll, costs.

Sounds like that is what happened. But we have been stung by this kind of thing in the past. Why do we let players leave before we have signed their replacements? Even if Zouma deal to West hame had fallen through there would have been plenty of takers for him late in the window. Now we will either have to pay over the odds for Kounde, find an alternative, or hope that our existing squad options are enough for a long season. 

11 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Hope you are right. Sounds he would be a fine addition. It just sounds like we left it too late and Sevilla won't let him go unless we Pay his clause.

Sounds like Sevilla are trying to f**k us now. Talk about operating in bad faith. I still expect Marina to bend them to her will today.

8 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

No need to worry . The window re opens in January and we can buy him then, besides he won't be cup tied in the UCL due to Uefa changing their laws. We should put our focus on a 4th midfielder or we might have what liverpool had with VAN DIJK last season

Chalobah is an option to cover midfield too, but assuming we don't sign Kounde I agree it might be better to bring somebody like Saul in, and use Chalobah in defense.

14 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Sounds like that is what happened. But we have been stung by this kind of thing in the past. Why do we let players leave before we have signed their replacements? Even if Zouma deal to West hame had fallen through there would have been plenty of takers for him late in the window. Now we will either have to pay over the odds for Kounde, find an alternative, or hope that our existing squad options are enough for a long season. 

I believe we would have pulled the plug on Zoumas deal had he not been a long standing and popular member of the squad. Like Cech we allowed him to decide what he wanted. He took his time as did West ham. In this case it may sting us but we did not want to pull that move on him.

4 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Sounds like Sevilla are trying to f**k us now. Talk about operating in bad faith. I still expect Marina to bend them to her will today.

Not gonna happen. Sevilla operate like Dortmund. 

2 hours ago, ducavis said:

Isn’t that on Tuchel though? If he had a guarantee of mins he won’t have gone on loan.

Who knows but I seriously doubt that Tuchel has the major say in Chelsea's transfer business. I also doubt that he's giving out any "guarantees" of minutes. But since TT trusted Billy in some important games already last season (with Billy doing very well in those too) I highly doubt he'd advocate for a loan without knowing that there would be a proper replacement.

Maybe he sees Trev as a good enough back-up, who knows. Going out on a limb I'd say if the squad stays as is one possible scenario could be Trev as a Jorgi replacement if one of Kanté and Kova is also unavailable and eventually Mount as a Kova replacement if one of Jorgi/Kanté isn't available with Ziyech taking Mounts position in the front three. Maybe even James gets thrown into the mix but I don't like all that shifting around if the needed shifting around of players is likely not only the occasional here/there but quite likely to be the case rather often We'll see...but anyway, it's true that the next transfer window is close already and till January it'll suffice that way or another. Whether prices are going down then or not though..we'll see I guess 

1 hour ago, sonic90 said:

We can't allow ourselves to be taken advantage of or we will become the next Man Utd where every transfer gets negotiated an extra £10-20m because clubs know they are weak and desperate.

Agreed, but we already have this window with Lukaku. Inter knew we were desperate and stuck to their 115mill euro price and got it.