Jules Kounde

Sindre

Another interesting thing Monchi said is that the clause didn't rise to 90 million euros, but is still at 80. So still a chance this might happen I think. Especially if we get a decent fee for CHO who would probably be allowed to leave if Kounde comes.

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Would be funny if Marina offered the 70m pounds buyout clause in the last hours just to show off. 

hours? a minute before curtain closes would be just about enough for me.

16 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Would be funny if Marina offered the 70m pounds buyout clause in the last hours just to show off. 

Would be, but it won't happen. If Marina though she had a deal at 50mill she is not going to up it by 20mill as it looks bad for her for future deals.

Already had to give Inter everything they wanted as they knew we were desperate, won't want to look weak in another deal.

I'd be extremely shocked if Chelsea agreed to pay the release clause of Jules Kounde at this stage. They want him....but not at any price #cfc

Matt Law

16 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Reports say TT has failed in his attempt to convince the board Kounde is worth his buyout clause. However Marina remains in contact with Atletico over Saul, a deal all parties want but is a case of who blinks first.

Looks increasingly unlikely at this point. For both Kounde and Saul

14 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Happy to spend £100M on Drinkwater, Bakayako and Zappacosta but the clubs main target for centre back at £68M is a no even though we have sold players to help purchase him. I dont get it.

Especially since he is young and will have a high resale value. The fact that city were in for him last season before they bough Diaz should let you know of this mans class

I think Marina was pretty naive in letting Zouma go without buying Kounde first. I totally agree with Sevilla though we have to pay high because we haven't given them time to even buy a replacement for Kounde and who ever they buy will be expensive because of the late transfer. 

I have never been a fan of deadline day transfers. You have the whole f**king summer to buy but wait till the last day. Look at our transfers last summer. Havertz , Ziyech , Silva , Werner and Chilwell were bought early and i think Mendy was late but not last day bullsh*t

Edited by The Don Antonio

15 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Happy to spend £100M on Drinkwater, Bakayako and Zappacosta but the clubs main target for centre back at £68M is a no even though we have sold players to help purchase him. I dont get it.

Is simple, Marina has a large ego and is know as a tough negotiator. She wants to keep that, if she gives in to Sevilla she risks that.

Ignoring the garbage she bought and the panic of paying Kepas release clause of course.

We are not paying because of Ego, nothing else.

9 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

Especially since he is young and will have a high resale value.

I think Marina was pretty naive in letting Zouma go without buying Kounde first. I totally agree with Sevilla though we have to pay high because we haven't given them time to even buy a replacement for Kounde and who ever they buy will be expensive because of the late transfer. 

I have never been a fan of deadline day transfers. You have the whole f**king summer to buy but wait till the last day. Look at our transfers last summer. Havertz , Ziyech , Silva , Werner and Chilwell were bought early and i think Mendy was late but not last day bullsh*t

First steps in TT leaving imo. Now he has a reason as to why we don't win top honors, not been backed properly, club point out he got Lukaku and already had Kante, Havertz, Dave etc, he says was not enough, bye bye TT end of season.

6 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Is simple, Marina has a large ego and is know as a tough negotiator. She wants to keep that, if she gives in to Sevilla she risks that.

Ignoring the garbage she bought and the panic of paying Kepas release clause of course.

We are not paying because of Ego, nothing else.

I will wait till midnight but if Kounde isn't official i will go tear down that imaginary Marina statue i built in front of the Bridge

22 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

Especially since he is young and will have a high resale value. The fact that city were in for him last season before they bough Diaz should let you know of this mans class

still think a midfielder would be more important for this season. Kounde seems like a long term prospect to replace Dave and with the unexpected rise of Trev I can live with Zouma gone - if Kounde would arrive here next season or even during winter (unlikely probably but possible) not a lot would have been risked - although I doubt that we will save that much since we eventually have to pay up since we're more in desparate need.

Granted I have no idea how Rüdiger would be replaced if he gets injured / out of form but there would be at least a couple of possibilities.

But with a missing midfielder I think it's just crazy business.

14 minutes ago, weetee said:

still think a midfielder would be more important for this season. Kounde seems like a long term prospect to replace Dave and with the unexpected rise of Trev I can live with Zouma gone - if Kounde would arrive here next season or even during winter (unlikely probably but possible) not a lot would have been risked - although I doubt that we will save that much since we eventually have to pay up since we're more in desparate need.

Granted I have no idea how Rüdiger would be replaced if he gets injured / out of form but there would be at least a couple of possibilities.

But with a missing midfielder I think it's just crazy business.

We have Loftus cheek and Ampadu who can do the job in midfield. Our defense on the other hand is a sticky situation if we get injuries and lets not forget Silva's age

4 hours ago, JM7 said:

Could we do a deal with them to sign the player but loan him back out like we did with Pulisic? That way, we secure the player but th keep him. We should have enough in defence for this year surely?

I think this could happen in January, with a 6 month loan back to Sevilla. That is how the Pulisic deal was structured.

In terms of this window I would score a club at 8 out of 10 for player sales, permanent moves for Zappacosta and Moses along with getting the fees we wanted for Guheri, Tomori and Zouma is pretty good.

For ins I would give us a 4. Lukaku bumps it up from a 1 but only by 3 points due to his high costs and our failure to land a defender and midfielder which TT made clear he needs is a massive failure.

So 6 out of 10 thanks to decent sales, but we have screwed our manager over.