Jules Kounde

Sindre

I only saw him playing a few minutes for France in the Euros so not enough time to really make much assessment there. However he was regarded as one of the best defenders in La Liga last season.

Looks like Zouma would be included as part of the deal.

2 hours ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Very good defender, he's short for a center back ,1,78m, but he's good in the air sort of like Kanté who you don't expect him to win so many duels. Very physical player, fast and strong. Very good with the ball at his feet and can make good passes. He's also from what ive seen in a couple of games someone who wants to win and his very commanding for someone is young age, he likes to go foward as well, i don't remember a lot of defenders who  go fowards as much as him.

Interesting. Sounds very suited to the RCB position (in a 3) then linking with Reece and eventually phasing out Azpi?

Hearing a fair bit of chatter we will be including a player to directly replace him just as Spurs did when they signed Gill and sent over Lamela. 

Emerson has been linked but he is not a like for like. Zouma also possible, Dave and Christensen have been mentioned as well.

Looks like it's Zouma + cash.

Tottenham's bid that was accepted was 30 million euros + Sanchez so I assume we are paying 30 million euros at a maximum as well. Which I would consider a good deal for a young and very talented defender that will suit Tuchels style.

Given our two ‘major’ links this summer have been Kounde and Hakimi, it seems TT clearly wanted extra attacking output from ride side of defence?

Either James at RCB and Hakimi at wingback or Kounde RCB and James at wingback

Edited by Adamrb

38 minutes ago, Adamrb said:

Zouma I’m ok with. Surely not Christensen though

Looks like it wont be, bit given he had a year left on his deal made sense.

Zouma does not seem to fit in to TT plans and it does seem Sevilla now like these deals where they get money and a replacement.

4 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

There's rumours that it could be Alonso as part of the deal not Zouma...

That would be the forth option they have but Alonsos huge wages would be a big problem for them. 

He is also not a CB

2 hours ago, TomCFC85 said:

So what you’re saying is we should bring Peter Crouch out of retirement and have link up with Rudiger and Silva?

Oh is Crouchy retired?

So no chance of last minute fight with Spurs for him ala Llorente..

On a serious note Kounde was closely linked to a team of spurs level..that says all..

I don't think we need another CB with Silva, Christensen, Rüdiger, Azpi and Zouma and maybe James becoming a RCB in the longterm, but would have preferred us to try and go for Varane than Kounde if we bought one.

The few times I saw Kounde play he didn't impress me, but he seems to be highly regarded so there's certainly worse signings we could make. Anyways, I wish him all the best if we sign him, but won't be gutted if we don't...

Watching him on YouTube highlight clips, that most reliable of sources, he looks  good  on the ball as well as in defence. Like whatTomori mighthabebeen but maybe better and without the errors. At the start of the transfer window I looked for a defender and a midfielder and Kounde does look good on YouTube. So that’s ok, and he wants to come apparently. Of course it’s not haaland so somehow that’s become a problem. 

Edited by ozboy

In games I watched him, he was looking good. He has a promising reputation in European football, only 22 years old and highly rated defender.

I very hope that our scouts put a good report on him because La Liga and PL are different worlds in physical game. 

All reports are leading towards the signing, so I guess we might get here a promising defender that can improve and become a world class level defender.

My favourite part about these signings is that all the Twitter ITKs etc were completely blindsided, especially hilarious as most of them are trying to monetise their glorified gossip columns. They are fed information from the club and only know what the club wants them to know.

If you're paying for this nonsense please re-examine your life choices

Btw, if anyone's a bit disappointed and wanted Varane, this Kounde news appeared on the same day that United pretty much confirmed their deal, so it's possible that we were trying to negotiate with him but maybe we're unwilling to double his 170k/week wages like Utd is rumoured to do. 

I would love to give them Alonso or Emerson... Lets us keep Happy, please... 

37 minutes ago, Brigadeiro said:

Btw, if anyone's a bit disappointed and wanted Varane, this Kounde news appeared on the same day that United pretty much confirmed their deal, so it's possible that we were trying to negotiate with him but maybe we're unwilling to double his 170k/week wages like Utd is rumoured to do. 

I would love to give them Alonso or Emerson... Lets us keep Happy, please... 

I have seen a few people mention they would have rather had Varane. I’m not sure. By all accounts, Kounde was loads better in La Liga this past season. To me, Kounde seems to be a more exciting signing with much more upside.

6 hours ago, True Blue23 said:

I don't think we need another CB with Silva, Christensen, Rüdiger, Azpi and Zouma and maybe James becoming a RCB in the longterm, but would have preferred us to try and go for Varane than Kounde if we bought one.

The few times I saw Kounde play he didn't impress me, but he seems to be highly regarded so there's certainly worse signings we could make. Anyways, I wish him all the best if we sign him, but won't be gutted if we don't...

Not, if you're playing a back 4. 

LB. Chillwell, Alonso, Emerson. One of these will probably get sold.

RB: James, Azpi

CB. Silva, Rudiger, Christensen, Zouma, NEW CB. That's a healthy back up list for CB. Silva is injury prone, and will provide maybe 1 more season at best.

Seems that this is our alternative to Hakimi despite them playing in different positions. For what was going to be a long term axis of Hakimi wing back and Reece RCB will now be Reece wingback and Kounde RCB. With CHO, Azpi and possibly Sterling providing the competition/cover.

Not totally sure what to feel about that, I'm happy with signing Kounde but Reece's talents are wasted as a wingback.