Chelsea v Palace (PL) Sat 14th Aug 2021 15:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Mendy

Azpi - Silva - Zooma

Chillwell - Kante - Jorgi - James

Pulisic    -      Mount

Werner

Save for Mendy this lineup avoids starting anyone who played for the full 120 minutes on Wednesday.  

I am not sure Lukaku will start.  He hasn't yet been announced as a Chelsea player so he likely hasn't been training with the team.  Even if he's announced today I don't think sending him out there after having trained for 1 day with the team would be a good idea.  

Edited by Valpo

Complete & utter shambles by Chelsea. Beyond embarrassing. 

How they have got themselves into this situation honestly beggars belief.

The stadium has near enough been closed for 17 months now, and here we are less than 48 hours before the first home game kicks off and the club can't even guarantee that everyone who bought a ticket (and paid for it in May, in the case of ST holders) can attend. You honestly couldn't make it up. 

You do wonder what sort of morons are actually in charge of decision making at the club. How did they get themselves in this mess of a situation. 

Like so many people, I have waited patiently to return to Stamford Bridge after 17 months, and have been looking forward to this day passionately for that full term. There have been so many things that could have prevented me going on Saturday; from having Covid, to government restrictions, to all manner of family issues that modern day life represents...... but no, the issue that has put thousands of fans attendance in doubt, is that the multi million pound organisation that is Chelsea FC, didn't manage to fit all the new seats in time. After being closed for 17 months. 

They can try and blame the contractor all they like, but the buck stops with them. They placed the contract. It's their operation and responsibility.  It should have been finished months ago. They have left it to the last minute and it's gone tits up. They shouldn't have started it if they  weren't 100% sure they could finish it. 

An absolute balls up of epic proportions, and one the club should be thoroughly embarrassed and ashamed of. 

Edited by mclovin83

5 minutes ago, mclovin83 said:

Complete & utter shambles by Chelsea. Beyond embarrassing. 

How they have got themselves into this situation honestly beggars belief.

The stadium has near enough been closed for 17 months now, and here we are less than 48 hours before the first home game kicks off and the club can't even guarantee that everyone who bought a ticket (and paid for it in May, in the case of ST holders) can attend. You honestly couldn't make it up. 

You do wonder what sort of morons are actually in charge of decision making at the club. How did they get themselves in this mess of a situation. 

Like so many people, I have waited patiently to return to Stamford Bridge after 17 months, and have been looking forward to this day passionately for that full term. There have been so many things that could have prevented me going on Saturday; from having Covid, to government restrictions, to all manner of family issues that modern day life represents...... but no, the issue that has put thousands of fans attendance in doubt, is that the multi million pound organisation that is Chelsea FC, didn't manage to fit all the new seats in time. After being closed for 17 months. 

They can try and blame the contractor all they like, but the buck stops with them. They placed the contract. It's their operation and responsibility.  It should have been finished months ago. They have left it to the last minute and it's gone tits up. They shouldn't have started it if they  weren't 100% sure they could finish it. 

An absolute balls up of epic proportions, and one the club should be thoroughly embarrassed and ashamed of. 

Agreed. If they cannot accommodate the fans that have bought tickets then we should move to Wembely or the like until the ground work is done so all fans who bought tickets can attend.

1 minute ago, axman2526 said:

Agreed. If they cannot accommodate the fans that have bought tickets then we should move to Wembely or the like until the ground work is done so all fans who bought tickets can attend.

Furthermore, why did they proceed to sell tickets to members/general sale for the game when they must have known full well there was a risk that ST holders who had effectively already bought and paid for a ticket, would not be able to attend due to their balls up in the MHL. 

They should have held seats back in other areas of the stadium to accommodate those in the effected areas of the MHL. 

Utter shambles. 

Absolute livid. What a mess, why say they gonna work 24 hours this eve and tomorrow. Why not work 24 hours last week or last month, not the day before. Very poor to let it get this far and to only say a day before. A champions league home game that most will have gone to anyway won't cut it. £30 does not cover the disappointment of missing the first home game as European champions /post covid lockdown 

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2021/8/12/22612572/official-chelsea-sign-romelu-lukaku-from-inter-milan

Lukaku signed but cannot play this one. Him and Ziyech missing is a huge blow.

I expect TT now goes

Mendy

Christensen

Zouma

Rudiger

Dave

Jorgi

Kante

Chilwell

Mount

Havertz

Werner

To add to that I would prefer us more attack minded in a 3-5-2 with more aggressive wingbacks

Mendy

Chalobah

Zouma

Rudiger

CHO

Jorgi

Kante

Pulisic

Mount

Havertz

Werner

Edited by axman2526

As someone who has never been to Stamford Bridge (hopefully will make the pilgrimage someday soon), hearing of the news regarding the stands potentially not be ready for the season was a little shocking. As a fan that can't be match-going, it doesn't affect my match day experience, but if I was - and especially if my seat was in one of those stands - I would also be pretty goddamn peeved. Hopefully that crap gets resolved soon and they make the right concessions to the affected fans

2 hours ago, Night-T said:

Do we know when the press conference is?

I'm mostly interested for an update on Ziyech.  A youtube doctor said that depending on the severity of the dislocation he could be out anywhere from 10 days to 6 months. . . So a lot of his season rides on the severity of the dislocation and they should by now know how severe it was.  

Guest Sindre
2 hours ago, Night-T said:

Do we know when the press conference is?

The presser is over.

Ziyech is out and Kante is questionable as well. Otherwise there are plenty that's not up to full fitness but he's got some decisions to make he said if he could push those that should only have "60-70" minutes to the full 90.

20 minutes ago, Sindre said:

The presser is over.

Ziyech is out and Kante is questionable as well. Otherwise there are plenty that's not up to full fitness but he's got some decisions to make he said if he could push those that should only have "60-70" minutes to the full 90.

Well we should not risk Kante if he needs rest.

Just now, PraetorianGuard said:

Here's what I have for the lineup tomorrow. Factoring in the Super Cup game where some players played a full 120 mintues. Thoughts?

lineup (7).png

I think Rudiger will play and be the only one who played for the full Supercup to start. Also expect Zouma starts in in middle of the 3, with Dave on the left.

Tammy is in the squad and it would be wise to use him, however TT really does not rate him and I don't see him being used. Probably Werner flanked by Mount and Pulisic.

I doubt there is any way RLC starts. Better chance he picks Drinkwater imo.

On 12/08/2021 at 14:59, Boyne said:

Hi mate, hopefully the problem can be fixed by tomorrow. Bloody annoying that it's late in the day to let people know.

I'm in one of the seats affected mate,never even had the courtesy to send e mail,had to go on the official site to check it,on the bright side I've an 800 mile round trip on a Tuesday or Wednesday night to use my free Champions League ticket.😁

5 hours ago, junkymunky said:

Anyone got a Matt Harding lower ticket then....

Yes me and my lad . Absolutely gutted I can't go think it's 8 seats in my row not available . Would rather a guarantee on a ticket for Villa home game than a refund personally. 

We have a midfield problem. Kante is a risk to play and Kova is knackered after Wednesday. Based on today's presser Time to draft the tank in I think:

Mendy

Chalobah

Zouma

Rudiger

Dave

James

Jorginho 

Chilwell

Mount

Werner

Pulisic

Hopefully is enough to get the points. Would be my team. Not expecting TT to go with this 11.

52 minutes ago, Cone said:

Yes me and my lad . Absolutely gutted I can't go think it's 8 seats in my row not available . Would rather a guarantee on a ticket for Villa home game than a refund personally. 

Such a sh*t show tbh. 

Hopefully you're compensated more so than just a bog standard refund