Chelsea v Palace (PL) Sat 14th Aug 2021 15:00 GMT

coco

I am guessing that Chilwell (what a waste it was him going to the euros) Mount, James, Emerson and Jorgi wont be in contention to start though some may make the bench, and maybe we wont see Christensen, Silva or Dave. Long season, cannot rush them back.

With that in mind leaves us with only a few options for a back 3, though in attack we have some choices.

Mendy

Chalobah

Zouma

Rudiger

CHO

Kante

Kovacic

Alonso

Zyiech 

Havertz

Werner

3 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Have we gone back to the dark days of not showing every game live? I can’t be dealing with dodgy streams :JC_doubledown:

You made me panic, but thankfully for me it's live on tv.

Looking forward to going back to the Bridge on Saturday. Can't believe it was March 2020 when I was last in the hallowed place. Will meet up in the pub before the match with the rest of the punters I go to the games with. I mentioned in another thread a few weeks ago that one of the guys I went to the matches with passed away recently. On Saturday we will raise a glass to him. On Friday most of the gang will be going to his funeral and his widow has asked that we wear blue so we will be wearing Chelsea shirts in memory of one of our own.

To use a phrase popular among Rangers fans:

We Are The People.

Extra time did us no favours and makes this one even more difficult than it was before.

Not just in the CL, but every team wants to beat the champions of Europe.

Think there is a good chance we see Zouma, Kante and Werner start after they were subbed on Wednesday. The match fitness gained by Pulisic, Christensen, Dave, Jorgi and Mount might be enough for them to start here and the ones that played 120 minutes may drop out.

Our biggest issue here will be wingback imo. I don't think Alonso will be asked to play after 120 minutes, Chilwell and Emerson have 0 pre season minutes between them. No minutes so far for James too. I expect Silva to be given an extended break.

Maybe TT asks one player who played 120 to start, either Rudi or Chalobah.

With that in mind and Ziyech injured I think Lukaku starts. Toss up between Chilwell back to start or CP at LWB.

Mendy

Christensen

Zouma 

Rudiger/Chalobah

Dave

Kante

Jorginho 

Pulisic/Chilwell

Mount

Lukaku

Werner 

4 hours ago, Argo said:

Just typical that the one game in the first two months that's tailor made for Lukaku he most likely won't be ready for.

If we don't have Lukaku nor Ziyech for this game we will struggle to score imo.

Chelsea just announced that rail seating in Matthew Harding Lower are not going to be ready in time and will refund those affected along with travel expenses,Blocks 8 9 14 15 and 16 are the ones causing concern ,e mails will be sent out at 3 pm on Friday to inform those affected .Just my luck ,I'm Block 16,travelling down on 7 o' clock train on Saturday morning.😒 Any spare tickets will be appreciated.

1 minute ago, Larky Blue said:

Just my luck mate,I'm Matthew Harding Lower Block 16,picked the Palace game instead of Belfast.

Hi mate, hopefully the problem can be fixed by tomorrow. Bloody annoying that it's late in the day to let people know.