Jump to content

Chelsea V Villarreal UEFA Super Cup 11/8/21


Recommended Posts


Posted this in the ticket thread, but hey ho

Cant wait for this tonight!! Got two tickets in the end! 

It is absolutely surreal to see my beloved blues in my home city!!! Never did I ever think this would happen. The last time I saw Chelsea in NI was in 1999, in a charity match against Omagh Town, a fundraiser after the Omagh bomb, how times have changed!!!

The stars have truly aligned. 

Enjoy the game everybody!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Zola said:

Posted this in the ticket thread, but hey ho

Cant wait for this tonight!! Got two tickets in the end! 

It is absolutely surreal to see my beloved blues in my home city!!! Never did I ever think this would happen. The last time I saw Chelsea in NI was in 1999, in a charity match against Omagh Town, a fundraiser after the Omagh bomb, how times have changed!!!

The stars have truly aligned. 

Enjoy the game everybody!!

Good for you. Hopefully you see us winning.😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Cup final! Woohoo! We earned this. Let's win tonight.

I remember the first one against Real and that win really felt good. In those times it was a rarity to see Chelsea play on TV. 

Just look at Zola's perfect little 'cut back' pass to Poyet who smashes it to bottom corner. If that pass wasn't as silky we'd never score. Those little things made him truly special. This is why I love Messi more than Ronaldo. Intelligence and skill before raw power. Although I don't mind that either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zola said:

Posted this in the ticket thread, but hey ho

Cant wait for this tonight!! Got two tickets in the end! 

It is absolutely surreal to see my beloved blues in my home city!!! Never did I ever think this would happen. The last time I saw Chelsea in NI was in 1999, in a charity match against Omagh Town, a fundraiser after the Omagh bomb, how times have changed!!!

The stars have truly aligned. 

Enjoy the game everybody!!

Enjoy yourself @Zola ! We do demand a blow-by-blow account from events on the pitch and in the stands. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


48 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Be good to see  the................Pulisic- Werner- Havertz Tri-Axis in tandem, may not get to see it to often after tonight.....

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Havertz-Werner-Ziyech. I have a feeling that Pulisc is going to find starts really hard to come by this season...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sindre said:

Looking forward to this. It's a pretty prestigious trophy in my view and it would be fantastic to win it after losing our last three.

98' sure was a wonderful memory.

Same. Have great memories of us winning it in 1998.

Was disappointed we fell short in 2012, 2013 and 2019.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Boyne said:

The current European trophy cabinet. Here's to adding to it tonight and having a pair of each trophy.

No photo description available.

I see

2 Uefa Champions League trophies

2 Europa League trophies

2 Europa league trophies 

and 1 Super cup trophy

Its only right that we win today to make it 2 Supercup Trophies and then win the World club Championship so it can replace the Super cup in the middle of the Picture

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, dkw said:

Yes, lots of links between the clubs fans going back quite a long time to the 60's. It's a sort of triumvirate with Linfield also, known as The Blues Brothers.

Best friendlies I've ever been too were at Ibrox, the atmosphere at the game and in the pubs before and after was superb, couldn't buy a pint as they were bought for us by Rangers fans.

I was at the friendlies at Ibrox. Agree the atmosphere was superb. I travelled to both of the games in a Rangers Supporters bus. I come from a Rangers supporting family and have followed them as long as I've followed Chelsea. Which is a long time! Would love to play Rangers at Stamford Bridge in a friendly. I would be inundated with requests from family and friends to buy tickets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, evissy said:

Cup final! Woohoo! We earned this. Let's win tonight.

I remember the first one against Real and that win really felt good. In those times it was a rarity to see Chelsea play on TV. 

Just look at Zola's perfect little 'cut back' pass to Poyet who smashes it to bottom corner. If that pass wasn't as silky we'd never score. Those little things made him truly special. This is why I love Messi more than Ronaldo. Intelligence and skill before raw power. Although I don't mind that either. 

I honestly don't know how that one is even a debate.

I respect CR7's dedication and sacrafises he made to get to the top but Messi is obscene, totally different animal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Boyne said:

I was at the friendlies at Ibrox. Agree the atmosphere was superb. I travelled to both of the games in a Rangers Supporters bus. I come from a Rangers supporting family and have followed them as long as I've followed Chelsea. Which is a long time! Would love to play Rangers at Stamford Bridge in a friendly. I would be inundated with requests from family and friends to buy tickets.

Was brilliant in the boozers, though my catholic wife wasnt quite enjoying the songs as much as I did ha ha....

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!