Trevoh Chalobah

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Was good today, but definitely showed that hes still quite raw with some of the mistakes he made. He's still very young, still has time to turn into a quality player for us.

Definitely one for the current loan army and not one of the selling bunch like Peart-Harris and Simeu

Edited by junkymunky

6 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I actually thought he struggled for the most part. Got much better after they scored though.

I agree with you. I thought he had a good first half but, in the second half up until their goal, I thought he had some dodgy moments when he made some mistakes. I think that having CHO (whom I thought had a bad game) playing at his side did not help him much and he improved a lot after Azpi came on. It is expected as he is young and inexperienced at this level, but he can become a very good player and hope he stays around or goes to a good team on loan where he can play regularly.

I thought he did well. We probably need to see more of him to be sure but Tuchel seems impressed with him. He took his chance - which youth players need to do. 

The difficulty whether to send him on loan or not. Minutes are important at his age but then  who knows what will happen. Could he miss his opportunity? What happens if Tuchel leaves? What happens if it’s a bad loan? If Tuchel will give him minutes, then I think he should stay and fight it out. 

I shared these in the match chat but will put them in here, it’s such a great feeling to see how much playing, scoring and being part of the club means to our academy players. I really don’t understand those who don’t have a special affinity for them. I’m not even English but I love these kids.

C3CD5007-F429-4CED-9E04-6D4CE4A53774.thumb.jpeg.c34805c0ff2a924e1655938686df7381.jpegB317027D-13EE-4EFD-B38D-2ED4B7BF1705.thumb.jpeg.ebdfdee5f3b768e39d4ad8385af37fc9.jpeg

Just now, Valerie said:

Chalobah is inexperienced at this level, it's likely he'll have plenty of struggles. So I'd say yes.

We also have Silva, Azpi who are aging and Rudi who is apparently unsure on signing a new contract, the problem it would create is we’d be stacked this season. I think we really need someone to leave (Zouma) to justify it, or we could go back in next summer and use those funds for a Kante alternative (Rice or Touchami (sp))