Arsenal v Chelsea (PL) Sun 22nd Aug 2021 16:30 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

There's a bit of Dejavfu feeling about this game. Last year there was the game if Arsenal lost, Arteta be sacked, and we didn't show up and saved his job. Although it's only second game in the season, if we win all the Arsenal fans and former players will call for his sacking. We need a strong start , otherwise it could be a tricky game if we let them survive the first quarter or even gift them a lead.

12 hours ago, Deino said:

I think most teams in the pl tweak formations all the time. Most just go 622 (bus parking) when they know they can't beat the other team. City and Pool is quite fluid

Nah in general team play the same system with subtle tweak here and there. 

City is not a fluid team, they are extremely structured. 

Gonna be great hearing our away fans for the first time in absolutely ages, expecting a few to turn up and remind Arsenal who we are, undisputed Kings of London, Champions of Europe, Supercup holders, best defence in Europe, best manager on the planet,.......... yes we know what we are, and we also know we owe them a right good thrashing.

I’m cautious today. We’re far better than them, but we’re capable of the best and the worst. The team can’t be complacent and needs to show up. These are the games that we need to win to have a go at the title, lose/draw against the top 4 happens but we need to beat these teams below us.

It absolutely baffles me when fans say Lukaku must start because we paid 97 Million for him. If i recall we did the same thing with Torres. We bought him on Sunday and started him in our next league match on saturday  against liverpool at the bridge and to no suprise we lost that game. Lukaku is obviously a beast but the chemistry and understanding with his team mates is miniscule. It will make more sense to start with our UCL Final winning attack and bring on Lukaku to bully the tired Arsenal defenders.

2 hours ago, coco said:

Gonna be great hearing our away fans for the first time in absolutely ages, expecting a few to turn up and remind Arsenal who we are, undisputed Kings of London, Champions of Europe, Supercup holders, best defence in Europe, best manager on the planet,.......... yes we know what we are, and we also know we owe them a right good thrashing.

Be nice if the home fans could be bothered to turn up - plenty of away fans dotted around the stadium from the sounds of things!

13 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

It absolutely baffles me when fans say Lukaku must start because we paid 97 Million for him. If i recall we did the same thing with Torres. We bought him on Sunday and started him in our next league match on saturday  against liverpool at the bridge and to no suprise we lost that game. Lukaku is obviously a beast but the chemistry and understanding with his team mates is miniscule. It will make more sense to start with our UCL Final winning attack and bring on Lukaku to bully the tired Arsenal defenders.

Price tag should not be considered when picking the team, Tuchel will have one thing on his mind, 3 points. If that involves Lukaku starting or not, only Tuchel knows, but he is best placed to make the call and i trust him to make the right one.

On 21/08/2021 at 10:26, dansubrosa said:

What goal against Arsenal was your favourite?

There were some beauties such as Essien, one of Drogba’s 1865 goals, Eden magic but absolutely nothing tops Wayne Bridge for me!!!

That goal was so special, it was the first time we had beaten Arsenal in 5 years!!!

image.jpeg.86539793da46d9727ca514111f1653fb.jpeg

Kerry Dixon 1984

ZGZDTVVh7Nqpy_PIdPzaWkcQBrQZn2_7ZgRP-nYE

1 hour ago, The Don Antonio said:

Cant say I can see the comparison. Torres was finished whether we started him the second game or waited 6 games. Lukaku is ready. Start him.

12 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Cant say I can see the comparison. Torres was finished whether we started him the second game or waited 6 games. Lukaku is ready. Start him.

I don't agree that Torres was finished. I just don't think he was adapted to our direct play and the longer he went without scoring the more the pressure from the media increased.

If Tuchel feels Lukaku is ready then I am in support.