Sean Lock

bluehaze

So sad to hear this, a great comedy talent. 

When we won the title in 2004/05 we were to be crowned champions at our last home match against Charlton. We had finished the job early against Bolton the week before, away with 3 games to go. You may remember us winning by one penalty that was given to Makelele to take, who had never scored for us, he missed and scored from the rebound in the 92nd minute,  which prompted the biggest party I have ever seen in my lifetime at Stamford Bridge and down the Fulham and Kings Road. 

Sean had his season ticket in the Mathew Harding Upper like me although I wasn't aware of this at the time.  A couple of hours after the final whistle I was outside what was then the Chelsea Potter on the Kings Road, I hadn't gone inside but had had a few on route. When all of a sudden this horrendous noise and this staggering drunk came down the road way louder than the rest of the cheering crowd. I was killing myself laughing thinking "look at the state of him, hilarious" Only to realise as he got closer it was Sean Lock going completely mental. Singing all the wrong words to the Chelsea songs I may add  🙂 .. .we had a few laughs along with a few 100 others, we said hello a couple of times in passing over the next few season, he didn't know me by name but I have remained a great fan of all his work ever since.

As down to earth as you can get, started life as a builder and a  life long Chelsea fan and long term season ticket holder 

RIP Sean  

I dont usually cry when celebrities die, but this one is really tough. Ive been watching clips all day. 

One my favourite comedians, you really didnt know what his next sentence would be. Genius. 

Paul Ritter gone aswell this year, both legends gone far too soon.

23 hours ago, andy said:

So sad to hear this, a great comedy talent. 

When we won the title in 2004/05 we were to be crowned champions at our last home match against Charlton. We had finished the job early against Bolton the week before, away with 3 games to go. You may remember us winning by one penalty that was given to Makelele to take, who had never scored for us, he missed and scored from the rebound in the 92nd minute,  which prompted the biggest party I have ever seen in my lifetime at Stamford Bridge and down the Fulham and Kings Road. 

Sean had his season ticket in the Mathew Harding Upper like me although I wasn't aware of this at the time.  A couple of hours after the final whistle I was outside what was then the Chelsea Potter on the Kings Road, I hadn't gone inside but had had a few on route. When all of a sudden this horrendous noise and this staggering drunk came down the road way louder than the rest of the cheering crowd. I was killing myself laughing thinking "look at the state of him, hilarious" Only to realise as he got closer it was Sean Lock going completely mental. Singing all the wrong words to the Chelsea songs I may add  🙂 .. .we had a few laughs along with a few 100 others, we said hello a couple of times in passing over the next few season, he didn't know me by name but I have remained a great fan of all his work ever since.

As down to earth as you can get, started life as a builder and a  life long Chelsea fan and long term season ticket holder 

RIP Sean  

My one encounter with Sean Lock was in Munich. We didn't have tickets for the game, and a couple of hours before kick off were a bit worried about finding a place to watch it. I knew where one of Munich's best and biggest beer gardens was, so we walked over there, not that far from the main train station. It was packed and the doormen were doing a one-in one-out system. 

After queuing for a few minutes, out came a group of drunk Chelsea fans, no doubt heading to the stadium. One of them took a tumble right on front of us. At this his mates collapsed with laughter and broke into song, to the tune of 'i should be so lucky', singing 'Locky, Locky Locky'. 

I sincerely hope the group all made it to the ground for what must have been one of the highlights of his tragically-curtailed life. 

Such a sad loss. He will be hugely missed.

• 2 weeks later...