Liverpool v Chelsea (PL) Sat 28th Aug 2021 17:30 GMT

coco

For what it’s worth we did not do well the last time we had to play an extended period of time with ten men under Tuchel. This may be painful.

Presumably we’ll see one of Silva, Chalobah and Hudson-Odoi on for Havertz. 

3 minutes ago, Vagabond said:

Imo it's not because he touched the ball, but because he moved the ball with his arm after it touched him. Plus, he's on the goal line. Unlucky, but I can see how you can give a red card there. Even worse when you see Mendy would've caught the ball the moment before but Alonso headed it out of his hands basically.

Spot on. It was still going in after hitting his thigh. Regarding Alonso, Mendy should have called for it. 

5 minutes ago, evissy said:

Psychologically we have lost this game. Not necessarily because we went down to 10 men but because our lads think they were f**ked over. Next thing goes against us and things boil over. Jorginho and Azpilicueta both yelling to Taylor is not good. Fair or not players need to calm down and concentrate on football. 

Really? 

I am sorry people who think this way. Nobody can stayl calm after that decision. 

4 minutes ago, Vagabond said:

Imo it's not because he touched the ball, but because he moved the ball with his arm after it touched him. Plus, he's on the goal line. Unlucky, but I can see how you can give a red card there. Even worse when you see Mendy would've caught the ball the moment before but Alonso headed it out of his hands basically.

Yeah all that but the f**king twat didnt even see the replay properly. He just saw 1 frame from 10 yards away and decided everything in a split second. Seems like his mind was made up even before he reached the monitor.

At this point I'll take the point, it's imperative we don't fall apart like last season when we've gone a man down. We should have killed the game earlier and this is what happens at this level. We were within seconds of the half time whistle. Alonso should leave the ball for Mendy there but, you can't take chances against Liverpool so I understand why he jumped for he ball I just wish it hadn't happened.

Never a red, a penalty fine but, the ball hits the thigh first it's just a ridiculous decision the ref looked once had he had a second glance he would have seen what we all saw.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

It's always the game changing decisions too. I have never seen anything like it from any other ref in my life watching football. 

he is the most inconsistent ref one can get in a game.. he uses his gut feeling only and whichever side of the bed he wakes or basically enjoys screwing chelsea.