Liverpool v Chelsea (PL) Sat 28th Aug 2021 17:30 GMT

coco

5 minutes ago, Argo said:

I agree the win would be absolutely massive but that also shows why we have to be mindful that a point wouldn't be the worse thing because everything you have said would apply to Liverpool also if they are the winners.

Yes it would give them some momentum if they win, but i don't think it will knock us back too much, BUT if we win that's another brilliant result for Tuchel, when was the last game he lost to a big team ?

1 hour ago, Argo said:

I agree the win would be absolutely massive but that also shows why we have to be mindful that a point wouldn't be the worse thing because everything you have said would apply to Liverpool also if they are the winners.

We also have to keep in mind we have 2 months of Kepa in goal this season minimum. So that is a lot of dropped points.

I'm going to go against the curve and predict we use the front 3 we finished with against Arsenal. Mount is a superstar but, I've got him and Havertz on the bench for this one. I think Ziyech now that it appears he's fit could find himself pushing for a start in the league. I think we will see lots of rotation this season in every position. 

Mendy

Azpil               Chris           Rudi

James       Kante     Jorgehh      Chilly

Hakim           Timo

Rom

With VVD Liverpool's high line has much better structure but, is still vunerable to pin point passes through the lines and over the top. Ziyech provides the killer ball, Timo provides the pace and movement. Ziyech has also shown himself to turn up in big games.

I could see these three being a devastating trio. Mount could very well start over Hakim and Kai even over Timo purely going of their excellent performances so far. I just think Hakim will offer better chances to Lukaku and Timo, whilst also being a goalscorer himself.

The only other decision is Chillwell over Alonso with the latter performing excellent so far, I just feel with the pace of Liverpool's front 3 especially Salah and overlapping fullbacks Ben may be better placed to deal with the defensive side of being a wingback in this specific game.

Lukaku 

Werner         Havertz

Chilly - Kante - Mount - James

Rudi  -   Christianson -  Azpi

Mendy 

High line so I think Tuchel wants to get both Havertz and Werner on the pitch for their speed.  So he moves Mount back to play central midfield.  

If Pulisic is available he likely subs in for either Werner or Havertz to try to take advantage of the tired legs of the defenders.  

Edited by Valpo

2 hours ago, Valpo said:

Lukaku 

Werner         Havertz

Mendy 

High line so I think Tuchel wants to get both Havertz and Werner on the pitch for their speed.  So he moves Mount back to play central midfield.  

If Pulisic is available he likely subs in for either Werner or Havertz to try to take advantage of the tired legs of the defenders.  

No way in a million years our midfield 2 will be Mount and Kante lol

3 hours ago, Valpo said:

Lukaku 

Werner         Havertz

Mendy 

Jorginho will be nailed on bud 

5 hours ago, thebluekid said:

We will lose this one but in the grand scheme of the league this year, it will mean f**k all. 2-1/1-0 Liverpool.

It wouldn't be nice losing to a big rival at this point in time, if there ever is such a time when it's ok to begin with. 

So many on social media can't wait to come out of their caves and start talking negative about our club. And possibly some pundits wish they could say after tomorrow that Liverpool is still the top team while we aren't and so on and so on...

It's a hard match to predict, I hope someone from Liverpool slips or something and gives Lukaku an easy chance or a penalty.

5 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I've joined a general football forum and mentioned a lot of CFC fans don't like tomorrows ref.

A Liverpool fan replied and said Anthony Taylor is an awful referee, make of it what you will. 

Liverpool fans actually hate Anthony Taylor just like us. They have a bad record with him in charge and it doesn't help that he is from Manchester. He was the ref when we beat Liverpool 1-0 in Contes second season. I think Giroud scored the winning goal

Going to be a tough encounter at anfield, it’s early in the season so I don’t think this will have too much of a bearing. Thus, I would happily settle for a draw here.

team I would set out 

mendy 

azbi Andreas  rudiger 

james kante jorginho alonso

mount werner 

lukaku 

Later we can bring havertz, for Werner if we need to hold the ball more 

1 hour ago, Jezq8 said:

Going to be a tough encounter at anfield, it’s early in the season so I don’t think this will have too much of a bearing. Thus, I would happily settle for a draw here.

team I would set out 

mendy 

azbi Andreas  rudiger 

james kante jorginho alonso

mount werner 

lukaku 

Later we can bring havertz, for Werner if we need to hold the ball more 

Don't ever settle in your life, maybe for a draw or a loss. For those people who are afraid of Liverpool, I'll like to help them. Do they know the owner we have, is he a pauper? Very clearly we can rub shoulders with Liverpool in any way in football. Financially as a club, Liverpool cannot oppress us in anyway, so why should we be afraid of playing them? I ask people that.

If they are stronger in any department of the pitch than us, then we should go to the market and strengthen our team and not serve Liverpool all our lives. I mean, how will we settle for a draw in a match against Liverpool? no.

So when we are going to play against Liverpool, we are going there to win them. Simple as that. I do not watch football to waste my time, I watch to win titles.

Now, I don't know what is wrong with our team at the moment, and I don't know why u think we can only play draw with them, and it is to prevent things like this that we tell the team to prioritise buying proper players in every position. When you still have a player like Jorginho in a defensive midfield position, how will you not be afraid that Liverpool may win us. 

We were saying let us get a proper player like Declan Rice in that position, so that we can face these teams. I mean what is wrong in winning the premier league? Won't we be happy if we do? shouldn't we try to may it happen, so that all of us can be happy?

Then again let's get this Kounde now, it is for our good.

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

Big game for Lukaku. He has an unwanted reputation of going missing in big games, today is the day to put it right. Bully Van Dijk all game and show him you mean business.

You don’t count Arsenal as a big game?!?! Yeah, me neither :laugh2:

I'd pick Chilwell for this game, worrying about Alonso if he's 1 on 1 defending against TAA. Mount will play, he's the core of the Chelsea team. The 3 subs will play a huge part this game for both sides, to be able to bring on a Ziyech, Havetz ,  Kovocic etc is a a slight advantage to us.

Fun stat:

2 - Anthony Taylor has 2 FA Cup winner's medals, the same number as Preston North End, Old Etonians, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Nottingham Forest and Bury. This is more than 9 of the sides currently in the Premier League. Source: @OptaEnrique