Liverpool v Chelsea (PL) Sat 28th Aug 2021 17:30 GMT

coco

As I have mentioned before I really hate this fixture, not expecting to enjoy this at all. Always horrible to not win heading in to another international break as well...

On a side note our win at Arsenal seems about as much as an achievement as beating Palace given what City are doing to them.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

As I have mentioned before I really hate this fixture, not expecting to enjoy this at all. Always horrible to not win heading in to another international break as well...

On a side note our win at Arsenal seems about as much as an achievement as beating Palace given what City are doing to them.

The win against Palace was the bigger of the two results. 

Starting XI: Mendy, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger, James, Jorginho, Kante, Alonso, Mount, Havertz, Lukaku.

Subs: Kepa, Thaigo Silva, Kovacic, Werner, Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah, Hudson-Odoi, Chilwell, Ziyech. 

1 minute ago, The Don Antonio said:

Only change is Kante for Kova. I hope Alonso exposes TAA and not the other way around

That's my fear, Alonso has more than a tendency to get carried away in his attacking role and totally forgets to defend...Chillwell should have been brought in for this game as at least he's more than capable of defending again TAA.   Can definitely see Klopp exploiting our left side today.

1 minute ago, Bob stark said:

Liverpool is playing firmino over Jota and that is not a surprised, we have a clear weakness in the team. Hopefully Kante is healthy and firing. 

Firmino will occupy Jorgi 

6 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

Only change is Kante for Kova. I hope Alonso exposes TAA and not the other way around

Is my fear, and the lack of Werners pace who really gave them a good going over last time around.

The 11 poor souls and subs subjected to being screwed over by Anthony Taylor...

9 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

That's my fear, Alonso has more than a tendency to get carried away in his attacking role and totally forgets to defend...Chillwell should have been brought in for this game as at least he's more than capable of defending again TAA.   Can definitely see Klopp exploiting our left side today.

Lukaku is also fast but he doesn't make those stretching off the ball  runs that werner makes but rather pins his defenders down. If there is space on the counter i expect Lukakau to exploit it