Chelsea v Aston Villa (PL) Sat 11th Sep 2021 17:30 GMT

coco

10 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Phew, birthday party is postponed, due to it being pretty late in the day to get people to attend. Relief!

No doubt it will be planned on some other inconvenient moment, though.

Passive aggressively send a fixture list over…

So assuming that is accurate and based on players like Mount and Dave having heavy international workloads and travel we could go with:

Mendy

Chalobah

Christensen

Alonso

CHO

Kovacic

Saul

Chilwell

Ziyech

Havertz

Werner

Would mean only Werner, Havertz, Kovacic, Christensen and Mendy were involved with their national sides and for a keeper that is no big strain. Possibly and most fit lineup. Would prefer Silva in to rest Christensen as he played all 3 full Denmark games, and I doubt Mbuyamba is ready for that unless he REALLY impressed TT.

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

Phew, birthday party is postponed, due to it being pretty late in the day to get people to attend. Relief!

No doubt it will be planned on some other inconvenient moment, though.

Result: 👍. Will be planned for a European night now no doubt.

I'm hoping to see Saul in action but not sure if he will automatically start. Tuchel has been very pragmatic with giving all the possible time to players before they really get involved so my guess is that he will come in as a sub first.

20 hours ago, Valerie said:

Great. My sister has suddenly decided to have a birthday party Saturday. Why don't people consult our fixtures list before they plan events I can't avoid :mad: 

No problem just put the TV on during party. I had either  world cup soccer or olympics on during birth of my first 3 kids. I remember discussing the football with one of the nurses but I don't think the wifey was best pleased.

17 hours ago, axman2526 said:

So assuming that is accurate and based on players like Mount and Dave having heavy international workloads and travel we could go with:

Mendy

Chalobah

Christensen

Alonso

CHO

Kovacic

Saul

Chilwell

Ziyech

Havertz

Werner

Would mean only Werner, Havertz, Kovacic, Christensen and Mendy were involved with their national sides and for a keeper that is no big strain. Possibly and most fit lineup. Would prefer Silva in to rest Christensen as he played all 3 full Denmark games, and I doubt Mbuyamba is ready for that unless he REALLY impressed TT.

I am not a fan of chalobah RCB with CHO at right wing. Chalobah needs someone who is tactically astute and can guide/ protect him in the game. I will go for Dave, besides Dave was a substitute in Spain's last match so he should be fresh and Jorginho only played 59 mins in a practice match for Italy..

Agreed about CHO and Challobah being too inexperienced a tandem. I would start with a strong line-up with a couple of youngsters / fresh players in it (Trev + Ziyech for example), go full throttle from the get go to get an ealy lead and sub early.

Edited by weetee

Kante still out from pools game, Pulisic came back on cructhes ffs, Silva in limbo, Lukaku fit.

edit

Premier League clubs are reportedly planning to ignore FIFA's demands not to play their 'banned' South and Central American players in matches this weekend.

Edited by mojo

1 hour ago, mojo said:

Kante still out from pools game, Pulisic came back on cructhes ffs, Silva in limbo, Lukaku fit.

edit

Given for us it is only Silva out and Christensen is playing very well I dont think we should risk it. we should be fine without him for these 2 home games.

Feeling confident since Lukaku is playing, we will dominate the possession as usual, having his finishing touches will make the difference on the day. Expect quite a few changes, expect quite a few players to be rotated out after the grueling International break.

think Jorginho and Kova will start and Saul will come on at some point for Jorginho

Doubt Silva will start (reports from Brazil watchers suggest he has slowed down over past couple of years anyway so I think Christiansen if fit starts in front of him)

It could be either Chalobah and Dave on the right or Dave and CHO. I prefer CHO on the left but there is too much competition there from Alonso and Chllwell

Mount played most of the England games and could also be rested, but Havertz and Timo probably played nearly as many minutes for Germany albeit maybe easier games. 

Still  I want to see Werner and Lukaku together which means one of Havertz and Mount miss out. 

Doubt this is how it will be but 

Mendy

CHO Dave Christiansen Rudigier Chillwell

Jorginho Kovacic

Havertz

Lukaku            Timo

Probably more realistic

Mendy

Dave Chalobah Christiansen Rudigier Alonso

Saul Kova

mount

Havertz Lukaku

I'm pretty sure Ziyech starts this one. He had a great Pre Season and was good in the Super Cup until he got injured. And on top of that he was in Cobham training these last two weeks whereas Mount, Havertz and Werner all had to travel and play quite a lot. So I think it will be Lukaku, Ziyech and then one of those three.

Chelsea

• Chelsea can become only the second club, after Manchester United, to win 600 Premier League games this Saturday.
  • They have earned 45 points under Thomas Tuchel - a tally bettered only by Manchester City's 51 during that time.
  • The Blues have conceded a league-low 14 goals since Tuchel took charge.
  • Two of Tuchel's three Premier League defeats have been in home games, with the other coming away at Aston Villa.
  • Chelsea's seven goals in all competitions this season were scored by seven different players.
  • Jorginho has been closed down by an opposing player when in possession of the ball an unrivalled 160 times this season.
  • Romelu Lukaku has failed to score in all 14 appearances at Stamford Bridge in all competitions.