Chelsea v Aston Villa (PL) Sat 11th Sep 2021 17:30 GMT

coco

11 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Wouldn't have guessed that starting XI in a million years. Looks to be quite an aggressive, attacking line up. 

Not sure why so many changes, perhaps looking to rest players now given we've got 7 games in the 22 days off the back of the international window. 

Seems risky but Tommy Tactics has steered us right more times than not. 

Honestly I made it hard to predict in Zetas league. Freshness is good but it can disjoint the side as well. I hopefully predicted we sneak a 2-1 but would not be surprised if Villa beat us as the team lacks cohesion.

5 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I wasn't expecting Saul to start immediately, what a fresh lineup this is and Alonso is the captain. Let's go!

I remember Thiago Silva captaining us last season when Azpi and Jorgi were unavailable but i guess it just shows how much Alonso has won over Tuchel this season. I am skeptical about our right side. I just hope CHO protects Chalobah and doesn't leave him Isolated against Watkins.

37 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Tuchel has made a lot of changes...too many for me...

No Dave, Mount or Jourinho...

I am guessing they played a bunch during the international break and he is resting them for the CL matchup on Weds.

4 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

I remember Thiago Silva captaining us last season when Azpi and Jorgi were unavailable but i guess it just shows how much Alonso has won over Tuchel this season. I am skeptical about our right side. I just hope CHO protects Chalobah and doesn't leave him Isolated against Watkins.

Huge huge test for Trev and an unfit Silva against Villas offence and wingbacks that don't help them.

4 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

We'll see how it goes, Lukaku should win this by default!

If there is a good link for the game, please send me. 

Some rotation is good, important minutes for Ziyech, CHO, Thiago Silva and Chalobah. Debut for Saul.

This team should be good enough to get us a victory and clean sheet here. 

COME ON CHELS!!!