Anthony Taylor

30 minutes ago, mad_mac said:

Absolutely disgusting, Mendy and Henderson both wanted to boot the ball and Mendy got there first, he held his hands up afterwards whilst all the Liverpool players were shoving him around which led to Rudiger stepping in to defend him. If you have to charge someone both teams should get it.

I think the part that people do tend to forget about the incident was originally Taylor actually waved play on. I don't mind the fact VAR told him to review it. What I don't like is the fact VAR most likely told him what to do, how could he decide that quickly and just from one still if VAR hadn't already made their mind up based off the footage.

Realistically VAR watched the full clip back multiple times and deemed it to be a red and a penalty. As much as I dislike Taylor I think VAR take just as much of the rep for this one.

31 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Absolutely disgusting, Mendy and Henderson both wanted to boot the ball and Mendy got there first, he held his hands up afterwards whilst all the Liverpool players were shoving him around which led to Rudiger stepping in to defend him. If you have to charge someone both teams should get it.

No no, one rule for Chelsea, different rules for the rest, like being able to commit a foul that could break an opponents leg and still be allowed to score a goal, right Pogba? Or how you can cause a mass confrontation and get the other player booked and club fined, right Henderson?

Sorry was that too scouseish?

Edited by axman2526

I hate Taylor, but he had no choice on this occasion, handball stopping a goal is a straight red. Intentional or not unfortunately. Double jeopardy is only applied when its a genuine attempt to play the ball. Rule probably needs looking at.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

No no, one rule for Chelsea, different rules for the rest, like being able to commit a foul that could break an opponents leg and still be allowed to score a goal, right Pogba? Or how you can cause a mass confrontation and get the other player booked and club fined, right Henderson?

Sorry was that too scouseish?

That’s victim shaming!

Only two charges?  They're too kind.  One should remind the FA that the officials are tasked with keeping the game under control, and if their inability to do so consistently results in some disorder....perhaps they too should be on the docket for misconduct.

12 hours ago, big blue said:

I hate Taylor, but he had no choice on this occasion, handball stopping a goal is a straight red. Intentional or not unfortunately. Double jeopardy is only applied when its a genuine attempt to play the ball. Rule probably needs looking at.

No, it is not given the changes to the handball rule introduced this season.

Law 12 – Fouls and Misconduct

• Handball:
    • Not every contact of the ball with the hand/arm is an offence
    • A player’s hand/arm position should be judged in relation to their body movement in that 
      particular situation

Taylor did not judge the body movement in the VAR revision, the ball came off his thigh and hit his arm, the swing of the arm did not contact the ball afterwards, and he did not make himself bigger as he had the arm white close to his body. Taylor did not review the whole play, and that is baffling as he has to judge the whole position of James' body.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

Apparently Anthony Taylor reffed Dynamo Kiev - Benfica tonight and tried to send off a Dynamo player for a second bookable offence after he'd only received a single yellow card...

I’m beginning to believe he has no Chelsea bias and is actually just horrendously sh*te at his job. 

55 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

Apparently Anthony Taylor reffed Dynamo Kiev - Benfica tonight and tried to send off a Dynamo player for a second bookable offence after he'd only received a single yellow card...

I don't know how they flew all the teams over to Manchester to play the match, cos the fcker only ever seems to ref matches at the end of his fking road. Seems to be in the middle for every Manc game from what I see

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, axman2526 said:

Is it a surprise the nation's league final has a controversial winner that screws Chelsea players and this bumb was reffing the game? How does he get matches of such magnitude he is awful.

Tbf it was the VAR team that made the decision. What sense does it make that the defender touched it to rule it onside? If Mbappe wasn't there then there is no pass and no interception, he was offside and affected the play.